Houzz Logo Print
danobanano

Hickory/Pecan "Natural" Hand-scraped Engineered Hardwood flooring

hace 8 años

I chose a Hickory Hardwood floor for a 1 million plus spec house and now getting cold feet before installation, wondering if the choice is mainstream enough tp appeal to a wide audience. It does look fabulous with the interior selections but am I making a mistake?

Any thoughts or comments?

Comentarios (13)

• PRO
    hace 8 años

Engineered Wood is a great option! I am in California and work closely with designer who use Engineered wood for their projects. However, a new trend is Wood Look Tile - you may want to look into that.

danobanano agradeció a Sognare Tile, Stone & Sinks Co.
  • hace 8 años

Thanks, Feeling better about my choice for this spec home. I saw many hickory floors on different builder websites around the Seattle area. I was afraid of limiting buyers!

• hace 8 años

The builder who installed my floor had just used it in a spec home and had no problems with buyers. I know this because the buyers let me come look at the floor at the spec home before I decided on mine.

• PRO
    hace 8 años

I think that's a great option. Engineering hardwood flooring is just about all we sell in our flooring store, not only because of it's appearance, but also because of it's great stability. Engineered hardwood has many benefits such as it's great resistance to moisture, meaning it won't buckle as easily as solid hardwood flooring. Plus unlike solid hardwood you can float engineered hardwood so you will save money by not having to buy the additional materials you would have to buy with solid hardwood (such as glue or staples).

As for the handscraped aspect, we have been steadily selling this style for years, and think it will be a lasting style in the industry due to the character it adds, and the way it hides dirt, dents, and scratched so much better than a traditional slick & shiny hardwood plank. Hope this help ease your mind!

• PRO
    hace 8 años

What style of home is it? If its a Modern home you may want to consider White Oak or Black Walnut. We sent a very nice custom Hickory floor to another Houzz user but they were looking for a little more rustic look.

Custom Hand-Scraped Hickory Floor in Cupertino California · Más información

• hace 8 años

Yes, it is a large Modern home with lots of glass for the views. I will look into your other suggestions too... I have 9 more homes to build out in this community so wanted something different than the standard with some movement but not too rustic to limit buyers as a spec. Thanks.

• PRO
    hace 8 años

danobanano, ive not seen anyone put Hickory in a Modern home yet. I've got several builders that have wanted to use something with more movement. They stuck with Walnut and White Oak but they used Character Grade instead of Select or Clear.

Modern Home Black Walnut Atlanta · Más información

Modern Home Black Walnut Atlanta · Más información

Rift & Quartered White Oak Hardwood Floor in Atlanta Modern Home · Más información

Rift & Quartered White Oak Hardwood Floor in Atlanta Modern Home · Más información

• hace 8 años

Those are both gorgeous! You have been very helpful ...Thanks!

• PRO
    hace 8 años

You are very welcome. If you have any flooring questions just let me know. joel@oakandbroad.com

• PRO
    hace 8 años

Check out these contemporary designs with both wood look tile and Engineered Wood.

• PRO
    hace 8 años

Hickory is "hot" right now. Many, many, many people view it as an "upgrade" on traditional oak or maple flooring. It is HIGHLY desirable right now and is INSTANTLY recognizable. The movement of hickory is the give away. The tones in hickory (butter yellows to mid-tone gray/browns) are ALL in fashion.

If they look amazing with the interior finishes, that's all that matters. Amazing is what sells. A well put together space will sell itself. Don't worry about hickory...it will sell quickly.

• hace 8 años

The interior finishes are perfect with the Hickory....I guess I need to trust my gut and stop second guessingT Thanks for that feedback!

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.