Houzz Logo Print
houzzukpolls

POLL: What type of flooring do you have in your living room?

HouzzUK Polls
hace 8 años
última modificación:hace 8 años

One of the most important things to think about when you're decorating/renovating your living room is deciding on the flooring. The flooring can change the whole look of a room, but it's often one of the hardest choices to make!

What have you gone for in your living room? Classic carpet or wooden floors? And what about the up-and-coming concrete?

Let us know in the comments below and feel free to include pictures!

Other - tell us below!

Comentarios (71)

• PRO
    Rennew Traditional Building Materials
    hace 8 años

Natural stone floors with underfloor heating is fast becoming a popular choice for many home owners. It works especially well for open plan living where each living space can be dressed with rugs to define space.

• PRO
    Woodflooring Engineered Ltd
    hace 8 años

Wooden flooring is a fantastic choice for a living room floor...the most important piece of furniture within an interior. As styles come and go a real wooden / engineered floor can be refinished and stained to coordinate with new schemes.

• PRO
    The Wooden Floor Store/Company
    hace 7 años
    Última modificación: hace 7 años

Hardwood or engineered flooring for easy maintanence, lifespan and added sell on value.

• PRO
    alanjpwoods
    hace 7 años

Laminate and Engineered flooring are hard wearing take a lot of traffic and stand the test of time.

• PRO
    Connie & Bella Industry Ltd
    hace 7 años

I like this oak flooring as it looks stunning with the other furniture items I have.

• nicolakwai
    hace 7 años
    wood and a rug in one room and concrete effect porcelain tile with ufh in the kitchen/family room
  • PRO
    BeMa Architects
    hace 7 años

It adds a cosyiness to the room

• PRO
    Inspire Architects
    hace 7 años

Timber can provide such a serviceable, tactile, & homely surface,

• PRO
    Lazenby
    hace 7 años

I voted for concrete as, as a supplier of polished concrete floors we are seeing this as a modern option for renovations adding a modern twist to an existing home. Concrete is very much in fashion for homes at the moment. www.lazenby.co.uk

• K
    hace 7 años

we have wooden floors and it is idea because it is so easy to clean and very practical!! but it is quite hard so not nice if a little child falls over etc.. i love polished concrete and tiles though...

• PRO
    Architecture Landscape Urbanism Ltd
    hace 7 años

I voted for wooden floors because it looks great.

• PRO
    Aldridge Flooring Company
    hace 7 años

Tile floors with underfloor heating is becoming a popular choice also mixing wood effect tiles with replica stone also looks great.

• PRO
    Period Property Store
    hace 7 años

Wooden floors are warm, durable and lovely to look at!

Chaunceys Timber Flooring · Más información

Traditional Style Living Room · Más información

Contemporary Style Living Room in Neutrals · Más información

• Tarryn Tunley
    hace 7 años

we also have wooden floors, can look effective when put with the right furniture, I also like tiles

• PRO
    Evans Property Improvements
    hace 7 años

Easier to clean.

• PRO
    User
    hace 7 años

Rugs move and no underlay stops the movement entirely! Consider that if you are going to be using a smaller rug that will not be anchored by furniture that a wooden or stone floor is actually easier than plush carpet to reduce this movement

• PRO
    Inside Interior Design
    hace 7 años

We have carpet as Northumberland is too cold for hard floors

• PRO
    User
    hace 7 años

As a Yorkshireman I understand very well. But if it has to be carpet and you plan to use a lot of rugs then a tough low pile, thin carpet ( we used to recommend Tretford cord ) is best - but used with a thin carpet underlay. Rugs move on carpet when it is deep and plush and sinks underfoot before springing back up, thus taking the rugs walkabout.

• PRO
    AG Interiors
    hace 7 años

Currently carpet but prefer wooden floors with a large rug .....

Love this flooring we used in the Durlston road project - smoked oak engineered boards .....

• Stephen Edwards
    hace 7 años

Original wood block flooring, which is practical with four dogs, I do have a few rugs down but they tend to get scuffled up by the dogs.

• Amita Vyas Sharma
    hace 7 años
    12 mm laminated flooring without rugs..rugs will be only using in winters..
  • User
    hace 7 años

Heart pine stained with a tobacco colour, layered wit aseagrass and Oriental rugs.

• PRO
    Moduleo UK
    hace 7 años

It's got to be vinyl for us!

• PRO
    User
    hace 7 años

We find our clients prefer natural wool carpets in their living rooms

• PRO
    SAM Architects
    hace 7 años

concrete with underfloor heating is durable, comfortable, warm and beautiful

• PRO
    The Carpet Man (Wallingford)
    hace 7 años

Karndean Design Flooring - My partner has severe COPD and we find that the vinyl is most effective for keeping dust at bay. Being in the trade, it was a no-brainer. Plus it looks great!

• PRO
    IHFlooring
    hace 7 años

Carpet

• PRO
    Kingsmead Carpets
    hace 7 años

Carpet

• PRO
    W Design Studio London
    hace 7 años

Timber floors add warmth to a space, are easy to clean and by adding a few rugs this creates nice layering and softness

• PRO
    Anderton Concrete
    hace 7 años

Laminate floors throughout downstairs - easier to keep clean

• PRO
    Woodpecker Flooring
    hace 7 años

We find that wooden floors are still really popular in living rooms due to their traditional, homely appeal.

• PRO
    Wood4Floors
    hace 7 años

Wooden floors are better than all other flooring options!

• PRO
    Carpet Express
    hace 7 años

We find wooden and laminate flooring to be our clients' first choice when it comes to living room flooring. Although recently there has been an increase in orders for wool carpets.

• PRO
    John McLaughlin Architects
    hace 7 años

Timber flooring

• PRO
    THE CARPET GALLERY
    hace 7 años

AMTICO FLOORING

• PRO
    Simply Carpets of Keynsham
    hace 7 años

We find our customers prefer carpets in their lounge.

• PRO
    Worcester Flooring Limited
    hace 7 años

Carpets

• Jasmin Sehmbi
    hace 7 años

wooden floors due to dust allergies- living room floor is a little cold in the winter but thats nothing an extra pair of socks won't fix!

• PRO
    Peter Newman Flooring
    hace 7 años

carpet

• PRO
    Mr Watts
    hace 7 años

I have a luxury carpet

• PRO
    Roger Hyde Limited
    hace 7 años

Wood flooring can come in so many sizes of boards and colours that look great in any shape and size of living room

• PRO
    P&M WALLS AND FLOORS
    hace 7 años

PARSENTLY WE LIKE HERRINGBOND CURENTLY

• PRO
    ECarchitectural
    hace 7 años

herringbone timber parquet

• PRO
    Kashan Carpets & Flooring
    hace 7 años

Karndean

• PRO
    Robert Newbold and Sons Ltd
    hace 7 años

Welove Karndean

• PRO
    Robert Newbold and Sons Ltd
    hace 7 años

Welove Karndean

• PRO
    ECarchitectural
    hace 7 años

I agree! As it is not always feasible to install real timber or stone, Karndean is the best vinyl option. I am going to have 36sqm of it installed in my own place. I have direct contacts with the manufacturers here in the UK. If anyone is interested, please inbox me and will get you in touch.

• PRO
    FBD Solutions Ltd
    hace 7 años

We think laminate ios the best option. Asthetically pleasing and easy to clean and looks just like wood

• PRO
    AMQ Design Ltd
    hace 7 años

exotic wood flooring is our preferred choice

• sarah67534
    hace 6 años

LVT flooring. We love it! It´s in our kitchen and it holds up so well! http://www.bricoflor.co.uk/amtico-spacia-white-ash-10-2-x-91-5-cm.html

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.