Houzz Logo Print
dlchevy24

Can I paint over white vinyl exterior windows?

dlchevy24
hace 8 años

I'm currently going through a very overwhelming exterior paint project. All of the homes I LOVE are not like my home at all. We will be painting our shingle, but not the brick of our home. We love our black shutters, so they will definitely be staying. Our black door is my husband's fav feature but I may be open to painting it a deep dark purple (my favorite color). My most favorite homes all seem to be grayish or greige, and they all have black vinyl windows. Can I paint my white vinyl windows or will that look ridiculous? Below is a pic of my bland home. It's so hard when there's just no architectual interest or style to your home. Any advice is welcomed and appreciated.

These are the homes that inspire me most:

Thanks for taking a look! Danielle

Comentarios (7)

• grapefruit1_ar
    hace 8 años

Gosh, your home is lovely!!! I understand about wanting to update...but do not paint your windows. This love affair with gray will end one day, and you and future owners will be so glad that you did not paint your windows!

Paint the siding gray. Keep your brick, black shutters, and black door. Then evaluate again...new black lamp post? Black house numbers? Paint or replace the wrought iron? Please post pics after you make your changes!

• dlchevy24
    Autor original
    hace 8 años

I will thanks! I may repost to get more ideas. I appreciate your input!

• decoenthusiaste
    hace 8 años

I like your functional shutters Here's a little garrison style home similar to yours except for the brick. I think you'll like what grapefruit_ar suggested. The white on your trim and portico could be brighter for good contrast.

a house of six gables - the exterior · Más información

• joeylandry
    hace 8 años

When we replaced our windows, the white vinyl did not match the rest of the house. After about 1 year of glaring at them, I painted the vinyl with a creamy colour exterior paint, and I love it. That was 4 yrs ago, and there is no problem.

• Elizabeth Z
    hace 8 años

Window boxes on the windows flanking the front door would look lovely.

• tonigirl
    hace 4 años

Thank you for your knowledge.

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.