Houzz Logo Print
timothyfrank

Glaze or no glaze

90 Degrees
hace 8 años
Doing kitchen over floors wooden dark ebony,kitchen cabinets off white should I do a glaze on them with darker color in grooves or leave plain?

Comentarios (3)

• PRO
    Cancork Floor Inc.
    hace 8 años

Glazing offers an 'old world' charm that is quite traditional looking. Without a glaze, you can achieve a crisper contrast to the floors. The choice is yours. If you are a traditionalist, or like a muted white, the glaze can be very nice to pull in the darker floors.

If you like a strong contrast, then the whiter the better.

• PRO
    User
    hace 8 años
    I agree with everything Cancork Floor said. I will add, to think about the style not only of the kitchen but the style of the other rooms. If they are more clean line, transitional, stay with white. If the feel of the house is more traditional, adding glaze is keeping with the style of the rest of the house. Also know you can go very light on the glaze and consider having just the detailed, trim or recessed areas lightly glazed. My last comment, if you chose traditional handles, pulls, etc. then a little glaze might be nice. I had a faux finisher come into one of my projects and put a little glaze in/on the detail areas. Hope that helps!
  • bunnyllg
    hace 8 años
    Whenever considering an upgrade in a home project, I remember the advice my cousin once gave me. If in 5 years you wont remember that it was upgraded and look at it every day and still love it, don't do it.
    I agree with the other posters, it all depends on the style you are going for. Glazed cabinets are very traditional and can be rustic. For a cleaner, more modern or transitional look the more drastic contrast of cabinets and floor might be the better option.
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.