Houzz Logo Print
iulgen

Lining for silk curtains

iulgen
hace 8 años

What is the best lining fabric with blackout for silk draperies? We hear that if the lining is too heavy, it will not show good with silk drapery.
Thanks!

Comentario (1)

• PRO
    SK Designs
    hace 8 años

I offer two options for my clients who want blackout lined silk drapery panels. Option 1 is interlining and blackout lining. Option 2 is the French blackout method, which consists of 4 layers of fabrics: the main fabric (silk), then interlining, then black lining (lining that is colored black), and then white (or ivory) lining. It adds nice weight and fullness to the silk and hangs beautifully. The photo below shows my drapery panel sample: the left side of the photo shows French blackout layers; the right side is Option 1 above (silk, interlining and blackout lining).

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.