mike_zervos

Corian versus Caesarstone

hace 9 años
última modificación:hace 6 años

We're looking at Corina or caesarstone for our kitchen benchtop. Anyone have views on the difference. Also which is more expensive?

Comentarios (18)

• hace 9 años

Personally, I would advise against using Corian for kitchen bench tops... it is resin based and will scratch more easily (p.s. be mindful of colour choice as some are a bit plastic looking)... incidentally our builder offered both options and when we asked what the Corian's like, they took us to their offices as all their desks were made out of Corian, and the builder went on to point out that they were all scratched and advised us against it... so to be avoided particularly in food prep areas with regular use of heavy pots/pans, sharp/knives, etc... but if you have a separate island which will only be used for say eating/meals then you could do that in Corian (and I have seen a beautiful marble looking one at a display home) but then do the rest of the kitchen bench tops (near sink, cooker, etc) in stone... the pros of Corian is the flexibility in design as they can be moulded to any shape, thickness, etc even have a sink shaped/integrated into the bench top creating a seamless look, but if you just want a simple/standard kitchen bench top then I would personally just go with stone which is harder wearing and will look great for years to come... I can see merits of using Corian in the bathroom though, can even be used in shower area... good luck! :)

P.S. not sure about cost differential sorry :/

• hace 8 años
    We have ordered corian for our kitchen. We decided against stone because it scratches and stains and it's difficult to get rid of these (marble is even softer). Corian does scratch but you can buff these out relatively easily. It's more expensive than stone but we think it's worth it.
  • PRO
    hace 8 años
    Última modificación: hace 8 años

Still love my Corian bench tops after 18 years. A softer look and feel can be achieved - organic shapes - sounds quieter too.

• hace 8 años

My parents got Corian in the kitchen and bathroom in the 1980s. Still looks really good.

• PRO
    hace 7 años

we own a large house with a large Corian benchtop, its 25 years old and is still original and very white, there are some light scratching marks that we could polish out but haven't bothered. Its clean, hard wearing and we want another kitchen now and will use Corian benchtops. One major kitchen installer in Canberra said we shouldn't as it goes yellow over time and scratches and marks easily. He was standing in our kitchen where it was clearly evident none of what he was saying was true!

• hace 7 años

The previous house I owned came with Corian bench tops and I loved them. My current house came with stone. I have liked them both and would have both again. It would probably come down to colour and pattern for me.

• hace 7 años
    Última modificación: hace 7 años

Corian benchtop after 3 weeks looks like it has been in for years. We are so disappointed with this product. The scratches on the surface are terrible. Corian offered to send us a booklet on how to care for your benchtop and told us to have it buffed every 6 months at our own expense.

• hace 7 años
    We loved the corion benchtop in our last home. It can be repolished, have curves made in the benches and has no joins. We find our current stone benchtop more work.
  • hace 7 años

Looks great far away but up close every scratch shows. We have to be very gentle with all surfaces and this can be painful in a busy household. Corian should warn people about its dark colours!

• hace 7 años
    Ous was off white with a fleck.
  • hace 7 años
    I'm not a fan of it one bit! Much prefer stone
  • hace 7 años
    I had laminex free form resin bench top (similar to corian) in last house it cracked x 3 where to stove top was and I had to fight with laminex to have it fixed. When it cracked it went off like a gun shot..I had to check I had no bullet holes in myself!!!! The fight went for three years and was ugly. We were not treated well. First cracked within six months of installing, I will not go near a resin acrylic or whatever they are called again. Go stone or I am not having an issue with original laminex in house we bought and I am wondering why it is so out of favour.
  • PRO
    hace 6 años
    Última modificación: hace 6 años

Corian, is plastic and does not put up with half the abuse that stone or quartz will

• hace 6 años

I live in Altona Meadows, Victoria and have a Corian Kitchen Benchtop that has been there for 9 years. I like the Corian but only recently a hairline crack has appeared about 9 inches long in the corner where the bench turns in an L bend. Does anyone have any advise where I can get this repaired. The original cabinet maker who installed the benchtop is no longer in business.

• PRO
    hace 4 años

Understand that "Corian" is only one particular brand of acrylic benchtop, like as with reconstituted stone and laminate material, people often refer to it by the name of the most popular brand name, but their are always different levels and tiers of quality across an array of different companies that manufacture this type of bench top material.

We regularly utilise and specific acrylic bench top material on our projects such as below. It's the most seamless and malleable bench top material from a design point of view than any of the other options available. Most of our higher end projects choose to go with it and for good reason, and we've never had an issue with it. Any defects can be relatively easily repaired, the success of which is not so much in regards to the quality of the material, but rather the contractors who work with and install it. So if anyone's had issues it can typically be pegged back to a workmanship or fitting issue, or potentially on a rare occasion if there's an actual defect with the material/product it should be replaced properly/completely rather than just patched up.

www.pauldistefanodesign.com

• PRO
    hace 4 años

HU-14469862 would mean its an installation fault not a product fault.

• hace 4 años

Hu, call Formed. They may be able to help.

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.