Houzz Logo Print
hhuang2620

Need HELP on Kitchen Faucet Size

hhuang2620
hace 8 años

I am in the middle of building a new construction house with a builder. I've taken their standard kitchen faucet but plan on replacing it with one I really want post closing. I am interested in adding a semi professional faucet and one of the ones I have narrowed down to is the Grohe K7.

I've never had a tall faucet before and am a bit intimidated by the size of the Grohe k7 faucet, it being 26 inches tall. Am wondering what others feel about these super tall faucets.

The sink I have is an undercount stainless steel sink that is 28x15. I don't want it to be too overwhelming big that it looks like a water tower in the middle of the counter. Grohe actually makes a smaller size version thats 21 inches tall.

Which one should I go with? Am I over thinking this? Is there anoth

er tall semi professional faucet that I should consider? Attached are some photos of the kitchen to give you some reference of the size of the kitchen and counters. I also attached some pictures of the Grohe k7 faucet.

Appreciate all inputs. Thanks.

Comentarios (13)

• PRO
    Unique Environments
    hace 8 años

A traditional styled kitchen, the faucet is styled for a contemporary or modern design- Not that you can't blend elements of the two styles. The concept is based on a restaurant style set up with large basins. I feel 26" tall is too tall in this particular configuration. There are other faucets in that style that are similar but scaled down a bit. It's right in the middle of everything front and center. If it were against a wall, you may be able to get away with it. There are plenty of options in between the extremes of the builder supplied faucet size and the Grohe faucet size.

• hhuang2620
    Autor original
    hace 8 años

I totally agree that the sink is front and centered that's why I have second thoughts about going with the full size 26inch tall faucet. I may just have to use the shorter but still tall 21 inch faucet

• User
    hace 8 años

I love how your kitchen is turning out, great choices!

I would go with the shorter version of the Grohe. Your sink is in the middle of everything, the taller one is going to get in the way of conversing with family and guests on the other side of the peninsula. I love Grohe and Hansgrohe faucets. I have them in my bathrooms and just love the smooth operation and great water flow. Enjoy!

• hhuang2620
    Autor original
    hace 8 años

Thanks for your input Anita. I am leaning towards doing that. Would you happen to know any other faucets that are similar to the shorter Grohe K7 faucet?

• User
    hace 8 años

There are other brands such as Kingston Brass, Danze, American Standard, that make this style of faucet, for a cheaper price - but in my opinion, I would stay with Grohe. You will pay a bit extra, but the quality of the faucet is much better and will last you longer.

• abramsonka
    hace 8 años
    When you choose your faucet make sure you talk to someone about potential water splashing out of the sink. The depth of the sink vs the height of the faucet is important. I made the mistake of choosing a tall faucet and ended up replacing it :(
  • hhuang2620
    Autor original
    hace 8 años

Thanks. Splashing is def a concern. The sink I have is 8" deep so not particular deep. Perhaps another reason to go for the shorter 21inch Grohe faucet instead of the 26inch version

• PRO
    Danze by Gerber
    hace 8 años
    Última modificación: hace 8 años

We have a similar looking faucet with a 22 3/4" high spout. You can take a look at it and find more information here.

• Emily
    hace 8 años
    Looks awesome!
  • Lisa Moore
    hace 8 años

Beautiful! Nice choice!!

• cheryldina2
    hace 8 años

Curious how you are liking the Grohe k7? Are you happy with it? I'm considering this as well. Am a bit concerned about splashing and also reach. How far can this faucet reach if you want to fill a pot on the counter? thx.

• Jay Beezely
    hace 7 años

Looks great. Definitely agree, the taller one would have been too bold.

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.