Houzz Logo Print
ann23941

Would this RH light work in my dining room?

Ann
hace 9 años

I've had a couple Houzz dilemmas about my dining room. In one, I bought this art. In another, I had the table top distressed and refinished in a dark walnut color. Both times, Houzzers said to lose my chandelier, lol:). I love this RH light. Would it work? I also plan to remove the oriental rug and go rugless, letting more of my pretty walnut floors show. P.S., the plant is real, not silk.

My House · Más información

Comentarios (2,6 k)

• kcooz07
    hace 8 años

Margo, all the people that you have been posting with for a VERY LONG time want you to come back. I have no idea what happened, but please don't let others get to you.

• zazfuzzroc
    hace 8 años

Yeah WCC.... you're not a cup.... you're a Margo.... that I would luv to share a cup with! ;) Get back here as you when you feel it's the right time. I feel weird calling you like this....WCC??? But I also respect your decision.

• Wendy
    hace 8 años

Yay! You're back!!

• babophz
    hace 8 años

zaz, are you sure?

• Wendy
    hace 8 años

But, a lot of posts are missing, too weird.....

• zazfuzzroc
    hace 8 años

Wendy??? Back where? Me?

• zazfuzzroc
    hace 8 años

Babophz, what cha mean? :)

• Wendy
    hace 8 años

Back in my feed. Yes, your thread.

• Wendy
    hace 8 años

Oh, darnit. this isn't your thread. Sorry! Was too excited to see you.

• zazfuzzroc
    hace 8 años

Ha ha :) Yeah, I figured something was up.... because I can't see it. :)

• Ann
    Autor original
    hace 8 años

That is so funny. I had the exact experience as Wendy. I saw this thread show up in my feed and, I too, thought Zaz's was back. Then, I thought, wait, that's my old thread. Darn, I had that same moment of, Yay, Zaz's thread is back.

• User
    hace 8 años

I am still a cup on my monitor?

• User
    hace 8 años

LOL- I feel like we are all wearing blind folds and wandering around the Houzz bumping into things . Hands out using the braille system to maneuver about halls.

• PRO
    LB Interiors
    hace 8 años

Hi all, 2nd meeting with 10 members of the bldg. Curiosity I guess. Thought only 5. 2 hrs of consult. Went great. Now planning only 2 Design Boards and can only choose 1. Decided by Pres. of Board. Planned 3 but wanted simplicity. I said great. So good to go. Now comes narrowing down all the options I have loaded on the computer. That's the hard part.

• Wendy
    hace 8 años

Sounds great, LB. Glad it is going well.

Ann agradeció a Wendy
  • PRO
    LB Interiors
    hace 8 años

Thanks. Was a little concerned about so many possible opinions. I will create 2 plans and it's either one or the other. Maybe small tweaks which most likely be mine as it progresses. ;)

• User
    hace 8 años

My cup just exploded lol

• zazfuzzroc
    hace 8 años

YAY! aka Margo! It must have bumped my dilemma back in....I'm in other.... but look out for me! ;)

• User
    hace 8 años

I do find that freaky that your dilemma came back just as I changed my photo .... dodododo

• zazfuzzroc
    hace 8 años

We're like a pair of fruits...... ha ha..... ;)

• Ann
    Autor original
    hace 8 años

Nice to hear an update LB! Glad things are progressing!

• babophz
    hace 8 años

Funny people... :)

Good to hear all is going well LB

• PRO
    LB Interiors
    hace 8 años

Thanks babophz. It is a relief to know that they are on board! I came home exhausted after talking for 2 hours, lots of energy and moving around... I talk with my hands and my body.

• PRO
    LB Interiors
    hace 8 años

Well today, I think I know how Avery feels. Trying to decide best choices in my folders for the project.

• fissfiss
    hace 8 años
    Hi Ann. I'm flying out to Denver on the 11th for a long weekend to help my niece fix up her new place. I know Cherry Creek, and where IKEA and a couple of different Homegoods are. From you, I've discovered that there is a Restoration Hardware outlet. Any other places we should check out? Her style is hand me down boho preppy chic!
  • Ann
    Autor original
    hace 8 años

What fun fissfiss! Gosh, I do so much online shopping and mostly hit the main furniture stores, so I'm not great with "interesting" shops. South Broadway is loaded with antique stores which is tons of fun if antiques would appeal to her. This area is close to DU. There is an antique gallery called Colorado Antique Gallery where dealers rent space and there are wonderful deals. That's where I got things like my antique sled. It's also on south Broadway but further south in Littleton (20 minutes from DU). If you wanted to do some antique shopping and only wanted to hit one place with great prices, the Colorado Antique Gallery might be a good choice. But, don't miss the RH outlet in Castle Rock if RH stuff appeals to her. The deals there are just great and they have lots and lots of merchandise! You can't put anything on hold and have to figure out how to transport it if it's furniture, but it's worth going to Home Depot to rent a truck for a couple hours if you see stuff you like as the deals can be simply amazing! How long will you be in town? Should we try to meet briefly or will you be too busy? I'll be gone at the beginning of your trip but arriving home that weekend.

• fissfiss
    hace 8 años
    I would love to meet up for coffee or lunch, but fly home 16th. I'll be back again in November to drop car in mountains for winter. I love antiquing, but call it vintage shopping when talking to the young folk. Thanks, didn't know where to even look. Denver is a bit spread out.
  • Ann
    Autor original
    hace 8 años
    Última modificación: hace 8 años

Denver is a bit spread out. I wonder if we could coordinate on the 14th or 15th? If you're busy those days, we could shoot for November. Will you be staying near the DU area this trip?

• fissfiss
    hace 8 años
    Wash Park...niece will be at work, so I'm flexible. I'll have a car.
  • Ann
    Autor original
    hace 8 años

Well, my goodness, if you're free and especially if your niece will be busy at work, let's get together. I'm only about 20 minutes from where you'll be staying. Can you send me a Houzz message with an email address so we can come up with a plan? Yay, I'd love to meet another Houzzer in person. It was a lot of fun meeting Houzzers in Nashville.

• fissfiss
    hace 8 años
    Will do, tomorrow.
  • fissfiss
    hace 8 años
    Well, I admit to not being able to figure it out. I can get to my inbox, but no idea how to send a message. Will try from the desktop tomorrow, am on I pad tonight.
  • PRO
    LB Interiors
    hace 8 años

Click on Ann. At top of profile page on the right should be box to send message.

• PRO
    LB Interiors
    hace 8 años

Or ....On profile page, click on ideabooks, maybe a menu to send message from a phone?

• fissfiss
    hace 8 años
    So, all the technology worked, and I had lunch with the lovely Ann today! She is so much fun...in my mad travels about the countryside, it's been so nice that so many Houzzers have taken time to entertain a stranger...and they've all been such fun people!
    Ann agradeció a fissfiss
  • Ann
    Autor original
    hace 8 años

It was a great time. So glad we arranged it!

• tgb1
    hace 8 años

That's pretty neat that you were able to meet : )

• PRO
    Universal Lights Inc.
    hace 8 años

I think that fixture has too much chrome in it. Your room has more of a traditional/transitional feel and I think that would just be overkill. Those are my thoughts. If you want something linear check our website for more of a Mediterranean piece. Happy hunting!

• PRO
    Nandina Home & Design
    hace 8 años

Our designs might inspire you!

Transitional Remodel · Más información

Old Meets New Build · Más información

• PRO
    Shine Rugs
    hace 6 años

I suggest adding texture and elegance to the dining room by using a very light cowhide patchwork rug.

take a look

https://www.shinerugs.com/white-cowhide-toto-design-no-293

Good luck!!

John

• tgb1
    hace 6 años

Hi Ann!!!! :))

• Ann
    Autor original
    hace 6 años

Hi tgb1! How funny when a thread pops up from the archives:)

• Depo
    hace 6 años
    Hi Ann and tgb1. This came up in my updates.
  • User
    hace 6 años

Hi Ann, tgb1, and Depo- Happy 4th of July;)

• Depo
    hace 6 años
    Shine Rugs has been busy. I also have notice that they commented on Toat's ugly apartmentitis thread!
  • jbtanyderi
    hace 6 años
    That fixture seems more kitchen than dining room.
  • karemore55
    hace 6 años
    Hi Ann, tgb1, Depo and Margo - happy July 1st to my American friends!
  • karemore55
    hace 6 años
    Sorry, that was the Canadian in me....July 4th for you guys! Lol
  • marrymaid
    hace 6 años
    Hi, ladies. It seems we have a couple of people that don't bother to read before they post or need to sell something. Happy 4th.
  • tgb1
    hace 6 años

Happy 4th all!!!

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.