Houzz Logo Print
clcallihan

How do you like the Mannington Adura Dockside Boardwalk Planks?

clcallihan
hace 9 años
We're debating putting it in our main living level because we have 2 large dogs and 3 young kids and our existing hardwood floors are in terrible shape, and I'd love to hear your feedback on the vinyl planks. Thanks!
Finished Basement · Más información

Comentarios (161)

• PRO
    Mannington
    hace 6 años

reb214 you have a beautiful home - the floor looks great. Thank you for choosing Mannington!

• Kim G
    hace 6 años

reb214, gorgeous!!! So glad you're happy with decision, great choice ;)

• dsbeck75
    hace 6 años

Does anyone have sliding closet doors in the bedrooms where you have LVF? If so, how did you attach the small Center guide on the floating floor? We want to have the Audra Max installed in the bedrooms but salesman says we have to let the sliding closet doors hang freely because he can’t screw, 1 screw, the small Center guide on a floating floor. He said nothing can hold the floor down, it must be free to float. My question to him was, what about the furniture holding the floor down?

• gotoran
    hace 6 años
    Última modificación: hace 6 años

Well, they could claim that the nailing it to the subfloor doesn't allow for expansion and contraction, but more likely you've just run into a sales weasel who'll do anything to squirm out of the warranty anyway, in which case you'd have to have the floor come up to either side of the track but not under it. But if you DO have the floor meet the track, do you then have to leave an ugly quarter inch expansion gap???
    If it's a bifold door, they do make them without bottom tracks, but they're not as common as a tracked bifold. If it's an eight foot mirrored sliding doors type, you'd only be able to floor up to the either side of the track as stated above. Realistically, it's near impossible to collect on any type of floor warranty no matter what the material.

• dsbeck75
    hace 6 años

The track is at the top of the doors. The only thing on the bottom that would be installed on the floor is a small guide, maybe 2-3” piece. We also have a trap door in the closet, goes down into the crawl space, which we are being told they can’t put flooring on it because It can’t be glued down.

Does anyone else have any issues like this and if so what was your fix on it.

• gotoran
    hace 6 años

If you want glue-down, you'd have to go with CoreTec Plus, which has a cork backing and can be glued down. It's a competing product that has its pros and cons.

• Tmnca
    hace 6 años

Dsbeck perhaps the guide can be glued to the floor with adhesive sonitnwill move with the floor? We have bypass doors currently we don’t have the guides installed and we’d need to put some in - I’m thinking of gluing them on.

alternately I think if you drill an extra large hole in the flooring for the screw, so the flooring has wiggle room around it that migh work.

• dsbeck75
    hace 6 años

Tmnca— I like the idea of gluing the guide down. We have 3set with the guides and 1 set without the guides and don’t like that 1 it at all. I contacted Mannington and they responded back yesterday saying to drill the screw hole bigger for the guide, has room to move if you give it room.

Thank you

• Phil Tomaskovic
    hace 6 años

Saffron Hickory planks just put in. This was a glue down install over my older vinyl planks. They used Versa Shield over the old floor.

• PRO
    Take2 Custom Remodeling
    hace 6 años

We use both the Adura and Adura Max both in about 80% of all of our basement remodels. They are both durable, attractive and easy to install. I prefer the Adura Max locking floating floor best, it has a softer and warmer feel than most all other floating floors without the hollow sound when walking on it in shoes.

• PRO
    Scott Haase | REALTOR®
    hace 6 años

I've followed this thread since the Summer of 2016 and I finally made my mind up this summer and went with the Adura Max Sausalito Sunrise throughout my entire house (including 1 of the 4 bathrooms). I couldn't be happier with its appearance and texture. I also used the stair treads and risers and it looks great! The house also includes a daylight basement and the although I was concerned with the installation aspect, it truly hasn't disappointed. There are a few uneven areas, but my contractor assured me that he accounted for any minor dips while following the install instructions. Hopefully my hammer, nail, and key scratch tests ensured that it'll hold up over the course of time.

• gotoran
    hace 6 años

Looks absolutely beautiful, Scott. Am curious to know if you can see the microbevels, which is something which I feel makes them look more like real planks. That's the one thing I like about Modin's planks...the very noticeable microbevels. Everything else seems to be surpassed by Coretec Plus and Adura Max. Any chance you can provide some closer shots at an angle? Congrats.

• PRO
    Take2 Custom Remodeling
    hace 6 años
    We recently did the Main Floor in a residence approximately 1100 ft.² and it came out great and the homeowners love it. It is a very durable and quiet floor. I would highly recommend it for just about any use. You can also do a glue down, but it takes away from the absorption from the pad while walking on it.
  • PRO
    Scott Haase | REALTOR®
    hace 6 años

Gotoran, Thank you. You can can see the microbevels and I completely agree with you, it does add to the realistic feel of the planks. All the Coretec flooring I sampled I really liked for that reason, but at the time I made my selection I didn't see the waterproof option. I would love to provide additional flooring, but this house is currently being rented. :(

• mungymom
    hace 6 años
    We are looking to purchase Mannington Tigers eyes. Anyone have that ?? Little nervous about color. We are also still going back and forth with glue down vs floating. We have a bump in kitchen floor .. any advice would b great !! Thanks
  • rosann hollinger
    hace 6 años

Thanks, Leisabailey and MJ (and everyone else) for pics and comments re Adura! The Pier pics helped. We have started construction and are picking stuff out next week, although "researched" our house project like forever!

We are going w Mannington Adura for most of the house (except for carpeted bedrooms and one tiled bathroom). Just have to figure out WHICH Adura LVP: Sand, Pier, or Driftwood. We like greys and browns... grey and brown kitchen for example.

I am anxious about coordinating so many things! Figured since we have the floor we like, the color of the floor will be made obvious during the process next week. I hope.

(:

• MJ
    hace 6 años
    We liked it so much we put it down in a second home in dockside sand color
  • leisabailey
    hace 6 años

To rHollinger92,

It's been a year since we moved into our home and I wanted to give an update on our Adura Dockside Pier. Absolutely thrilled with our selection of product. No problems whatsoever and the compliments are many when friends and family come over. Not a scratch can be seen from our active dogs. No lifting, warping or seam separation. 100% pleased with the product. I've been very happy with the color selection of Pier. Not too brown nor gray, nearly every rug I've selected has gone very well with the pattern and wood color. Best wishes for your project and remember...it will all come together once you are finished!

• rosann hollinger
    hace 6 años

Thanks, Leisa!!! I appreciate it. We went to a store today to compare the 3 colors again and walked away thinking PIER is it! We are thinking of a stained rustic alder perimeter or light grey cabinets with a darker grey island w either Cambria Bradshaw or Buckingham. (:

• rosann hollinger
    hace 5 años

SO! after our selections, we went with DRIFTWOOD! Looks good with darker stained hickory island, Cambria Helmsley (grey, brown) top, grey cabinets. Anyone have some Driftwood floor pics they'd like to share? Lots of browns and greys in our house after last week's selections for new construction. The house will be set in the woods, so rustic feel to it all. (:

• leisabailey
    hace 5 años

To: rhollinger92 It's going to look perfect! All your efforts will pay off, and remember, you can get used to anything after awhile. Here is a recent photo I took of our floor. I get so many compliments on it and nearly everything goes with it. Send us some pics when your house construction gets completed!

Adura Vinyl Dockside Pier

Grey island with Chestnut Alder wood cabinetry.

• rosann hollinger
    hace 5 años

Thanks, Leisa! I see our island and cabinet colors are just reversed. It will be awhile but hopefully by SEPT ( ;

• Kesha
    hace 5 años

Scott H, now that you've had adura max for a while now, could you comment on how it feels and sounds to walk on as a floating floor? We have to replace our engineered glue down hardwoods and I'm only used to that glue down feeling. I love the look of the adura max in your home.

• PRO
    Scott Haase | REALTOR®
    hace 5 años

Keshacagle, Thank you! The home I installed it in is actually being rented, but the times I have entered the home I haven't noticed any problems and I have heard nothing from my tenants. I'm sorry that I am not more help. :(

• Kesha
    hace 5 años
    Scott, thanks for your reply. I'm torn in trying out a floating floor and don't know anyone that has this type of flooring to check it out to see how it sounds and if it feels like a floating floor. Yours looks great!
  • Duncan S
    hace 5 años
    Última modificación: hace 5 años

I am thinking about purchasing Mannington Dockside Sand and have so many questions. I have asthma. Has anyone noticed any new or worsening respiratory symptoms since installing LVP? Can anyone speak to how LVP holds up to cats? Concerns include, could kittylitter granules damage the floor, might cats be attracted to textured floor and intentionally scratch on it; and if a cat peed at corner of floor & wall, could it seep in? Would love to see pictures of Dockside Sand. I welcome all opinions. Thanks so much.

• Laura
    hace 5 años

This thread is amazing! Thank you all so much. Our builder uses Mannington products and this thread is more helpful than anything else I have seen. We are looking at Sand, Pier, or Driftwood.

• Kim G
    hace 5 años
    Thanks! Three and a half years later it’s still helping people, love it! I didn’t start the thread itself, but the pictures are from our basement in IL. When we were researching what LVPT to use there were absolutely NO pictures, like none at all, no where, nada, not even from Mannington, and this was super frustrating. We finally just held our breath hoping for a good turn out. We’ve been so happy with the floors, and our decision, and now that we’ve moved, new peeps are getting to enjoy them too. All the shades you are choosing from are beautiful! Good luck:)
  • Tmnca
    hace 5 años

Duncan, I have asthma and I am very sensotive to fragrances and chemical smells. We moved in a few days after our floors were installed (we used the Adura Max click plank) and I did not notice a smell at all, though we’d also painted recently and that I could definitely smell for the first month. We kept our windows open pretty much 24/7 due to the paint smells (We used zero VOC paint too, but as I mentioned I am sensitive). By the time the paint smell was gone there was no other odor from our renovations and my asthma has been fine.

I know that phalates have been linked to asthma aggravation, and mannington Audra max is certified free of phalates which is one reason we chose it. We also have cats and a toddler who was one year old when we moved in with the new floors and we were very concerned about the health of our family.

The only scratch we have is from my husband dragging a heavy piece of furniture across the floor with a little stone embedded under it - grrr. The scratch is shallow and has faded (probably as dirt gets into it lol). The cats are not attracted to scratching it, their claws can’t scratch it it’s very hard not like a linoleum type vinyl. We have not had any issues with kitty litter grit, we sweep up the tracked litter and crumbs (toddler) and vacuum once a week or so.

It is a water resistant floor not water proof, so if puddles of liquid are left they could penetrate or go under a baseboard and find their way down, but if wipes up fairly promotly it’s not a problem the seams are pretty tight in our install.

Our floor is a bit over one year old now and we are very happy with it. We had it professionally installed over top of existing asbestos-vinyl tile in some areas and over the concrete slab in the previously carpeted areas. No telegraphing, warping, cupping or buckling it looks perfect. We do not have A/C or any humidity control in our house.

• Kelli Goebel
    hace 5 años

Hello everyone! First off this thread is SUPER helpful! I need some very QUICK HELP!! We are installing the Mannington LVP in our lower level. Originally was going to do the snap ins, however after reading through all the reviews multiple times, we are going to do the flex glue in. We have 5 children ages 6-12 and a dog. I LOVE the rustic look. almost real wood like. Here is my dilemma! i need to pick a color asap. We have white trim and lighter gray walls.about 700 sq feet. mainly 2 large living areas. Ive always loved the contrast of dark flooring (so thinking the boardwalk) and it just feels and looks cozy to me and that is what i am wanting but also seems a bit too warm for the white/grey? BUT, my other color i am torn between is driftwood. I love it online, but the sample i have seems almost too much grey...i dont want a gray floor. i am so so torn and need to decide ASAP! I would LOVE LOVE LOVE any insight, recommendations and of course lots of pics! THANK YOU so much!!! Again, this thread is wonderful!

• Usuario de Houzz-281094864
    hace 5 años

Thank you, Tmnca, your information was so helpful. I was planning on having it professionally installed over cement as I read an article that said the installation price was between $1 - $2 per sq. foot but a HomeDepot employee said it is more like $5 per sq ft. If install is that expensive, I need to do it myself or forget about it. Doing the cutting scares me. Any opinions?

• Tmnca
    hace 5 años

We paid $2.50/sq ft for installation of the flooring including installing all new baseboards in our 3 bedroom 1250 sqft home. We live in the SF Bay Area where everything (especially labor) is very expensive. So I doubt you’d be looking at $5/sqft for install- is really recommend getting a few quotes.

• Tmnca
    hace 5 años

Kelli we got dockside driftwood. I would call it predominantly grey, warm grey, a mid tone as far as dark vs light which is exactly what we wanted. We live in a coastal town and “beach” is the thing here. It looks amazing with our blue/grey/green paint colors (sea salt, rainwashed, revere pewter) and simply white trim. It doesn’t show dust or dirt too easily, but doesn’t look too dark.

if you don’t want grey, I would not go with driftwood.

• Duncan S
    hace 5 años

Tmnca, Thank you so much for responding. I am scared to do the install myself, and when I heard that price I was ready to scrap the whole project. I was hoping to start with just one bedroom to see how it holds holds up to the pets, and to see how comfortable it is.

• Kelli Goebel
    hace 5 años

UPDATE: well, after deciding On color I went with my gut- dockside boardwalk max. SO SO happy I just love it!!!!! I did order all the glue down first (flex). our installer said he will never do glue down (for many reasons) so i Went back and ordered all The max (floating) in the same color. It looks amazing and I can’t say how happy I am! We have dogs, cats, 5 kids ages 6-12 who always have friends over.

• Laura
    hace 5 años

Kelli - would you mind posting a picture of it?? Thanks so much for sharing!!

• Kelli Goebel
    hace 5 años

I apologize, I thought I added a photo. I will try again....some trim work wasn’t finished at time of this photo but you get the idea

• Kelli Goebel
    hace 5 años

Does anyone know why my photos are not showing up?

• Kim G
    hace 5 años
    Can’t see them, Kelli. Excited though!
  • Lori Adelson
    hace 5 años

I am about to decide on floor for approx 1000 SF for a second home on Lake Michigan. Have been reading Houzz threads for months. I also wonder why some folks cannot post their photos. We tore out yucky old carpeting that was everywhere except kitchen, breakfast room and bath (those have sheet vinyl that needs to go or be covered). I also like Mannington Adura Dockside Sand and am looking at some other brands but my key needs are that they have either flat edges or micro bevels, and floating probably, We are high up on a dune and the sand will get in huge enhanced bevels. We have two rowdy dogs, 35 and 75 pounds, kids are grown and no grandkids but plenty of humidity and we want life to be easy there. Wanted to do hardwood but but contractor feels it needs to be engineered for humidity and such and she votes for vinyl esp with the dogs. once i decide I will post pix even if not Mannington. meanwhile i am gonna try to post a stock photo to see if it works

• Lori Adelson
    hace 5 años

it works! Kelli: the final step for a photo to upload is to tel lit to "open" which is a weird command, go figure

• MRBr04
    hace 5 años
    Kelli, why is your contractor against glue down? Would love to hear the reasons because that feels like the best approach for us, but I don’t fully understand the pros and cons. Thanks!
  • Kelli Goebel
    hace 5 años

• Kelli Goebel
    hace 5 años

• Kelli Goebel
    hace 5 años

i think a few pics actually went through. Excuse some minor details (trim wasn’t completely finished when I took this pic and no furniture In room yet) but you get the idea. We absolutely LOVE our Mannington dockside ‘boardwalk‘ max. Best decision ever!! We have 5 young kids ages 6-12, a big poodle And little dog too, hover boards, toys, extra kids and friends over all the time! These pics are my kids lower level game rooms. So happy I went with the floating floor and also this color. This thread was so very helpful and really helped Me go with my decisiin choosing this! Thank you!

• Bren McRae
    hace 4 años
    Última modificación: hace 4 años

On the fence between Boardwalk and Pier. The main goal is to have a floor that doesn't show scratches, dust, etc. I'm worried Boardwalk be too dark and show more footprints and dust. How does Boardwalk do when it comes to looking clean?

• leisabailey
    hace 4 años

I know exactly what you mean Bren. I went with the Pier for your reasons as well. We've had it 3 years now. 2 active dogs and no scratches. Does not show dirt or dust unless the sun catches it at an angle but even then it's not bad. And you are correct, anything darker will most likely show shoe prints, paw prints and dust, despite the Boardwalks beauty. I'm extremely pleased with this product.

• Kim G
    hace 4 años

The difference between them was so slight, we had Boardwalk and our neighbor had Pier. I really don’t think you could go wrong with either. We never saw any scratches from our dog and minimal dust bunnies (thought I would see way more bc I hate dark floors!).

• Bren McRae
    hace 4 años
    Última modificación: hace 4 años

Good to know. Thanks, Kim and leisabailey!

• gotoran
    hace 4 años

Folks, if you check out the WeShipFloors.com Supercore product, you'll quickly discover that the new SPC flooring materials have quickly superseded the WPC flooring type products by Mannington, et al. And that doesn't even take into account the humongous selection. Check it out and see for yourself.

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.