Houzz Logo Print
wauneita

Want to replace my oak stair railings

wauneita
hace 9 años

I have an open landing with railings around it, about 16ft in total. Railings are oak with oak spindles and I would like to update it. Any suggestions.

Comentarios (6)

• hayleydaniels
    hace 9 años

Can you post some pictures?

• wauneita
    Autor original
    hace 9 años

I also have oak cupboard as you can see, and may paint them at some point in the future. I am going to replace the carpet after I decide what to do with railings. There is straight railing separating the kitchen and family room. Thanks for your advice

• hayleydaniels
    hace 9 años

What style do you want your house to be? That's the place to start.

If this was my house, I'd go with a wrought iron railing.

interior staircase · Más información
    Eclectic Interiors · Más información

• PRO
    Macomb Stairs and Millwork
    hace 9 años
    Hi there! Adding iron balusters would be a great way to change the look for sure. Depending on what type of look you are going for it can easily be achieved. Some things to keep in mind are the size of holes you have for the current balusters? By the looks of the photos the balusters are in a track and there are no holes to worry about.

Another suggestion would be do something with the newel posts. You could have the tops (ball top) cut down and add some kind of cap which would somewhat streamline the look and make it less ornate.
    wauneita agradeció a Macomb Stairs and Millwork
  • Kristi Traynor
    hace 9 años
    Do you like the country look? If so you can just paint what you have. Otherwise you need to replace them with spindles in the style that you want. I can see that your kitchen cabinets have the traditional doors so you can do square spindles for a more transitional look.
    wauneita agradeció a Kristi Traynor
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.