Houzz Logo Print
nicolasinka

Dining table shape

nicolasinka
hace 9 años
Would you choose a round or rectangular dining table to seat up to 10 people. The open plan dining room/living room could take either.
I'm tempted to have a change and go for round, but are there disadvantages?
Round
Rectangular

Comentarios (5)

• Jonathan
    hace 9 años
    depends on how many would normally use it. Get the round table if the norm is to sit 8plus. If you will often have less it is more intimate to use one end of a rectangular table
  • PRO
    Hutchinson Furniture and Interiors
    hace 9 años
    The beauty of a round table is that everybody sitting around the table can interact with everybody and there is no issue with straining necks to talk the person sitting two seats down form you. Although a round table to sit 10 people would have to be large and you would have a huge amount of space in the middle.

Extending tables combat this issue allowing you to have a smaller table for intimate dinners and larger for bigger party's. There are many different extending tables on the market of all shapes and sizes most with the extra leaf kept under the table so you don't have to store it else where.

However if you are thinking of using the table as more of an everyday kitchen table styles like the traditional refectory table are great because they can be bashed about or dressed up for dinner party's.

Hope this is of use to you. Charlie x
  • nicolasinka
    Autor original
    hace 9 años
    Thank you for your comments. That's useful.
  • n247080
    hace 9 años
    Oval is very nice. It allows you to squeeze people in on the corners without having the corner jutting into their tummy while they eat. If the room is high traffic, it also prevents people from bumping into the corners. I have a round table with three extensions. he table can go down to a nice size for 2 or expand up to a long oval for 8. Mostly I keep it with one extension in and seats 4 nicely with the option to squeeze in an extra one or two in a pinch. I use rectangle table clothes which drape nicely over the curved edges.
  • nicolasinka
    Autor original
    hace 9 años
    Thank you all. I am thinking a round table with extensions would cover all bases.
Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.