Houzz Logo Print
rachelann1007

modern-meets-traditional? brown leather chesterfield sofa, modern rug

Rachel
hace 9 años

Can we make these two pieces (a brown leather chesterfield sofa and colorful, modern floral rug) work in the same room if we are going for a modern-meets-traditional look? If so, any wallpaper or paint color recommendations? (I like Hygge & West Petal Pusher wallpaper). I like Hygge & West petal pusher wallpaper... Thank you in advance for any ideas...

Comentarios (6)

• Lisa Hershock
    hace 9 años
    No I would not do that combo. I just had the same dilemma and am waiting for my new rug to arrive to go with leather couch.
    Rachel agradeció a Lisa Hershock
  • emilyam819
    hace 9 años

I think a rug like that would work only if it had some brown to match the leather.

Rachel agradeció a emilyam819
  • Barbara Almandarz
    hace 9 años

There's something quirky about it - but I rather like the combo. It's not for everyone. I hope your floors are dark? It will make the rug really pop! I'd keep the decor a bit subdued so the run can be the hero in your room. You should have one focus, and in this case it's that great rug. I'd pair it with one abstract painting in blues.

Rachel agradeció a Barbara Almandarz
  • sheilaskb
    hace 9 años

I would choose a paint color like the yellow-green in the rug photo because there is nothing like a brown-and-green color scheme to bring in the outdoors. If you do not live in a male-dominated home, you might opt for the medium shell pink in the rug to create a feeling of warmth and softness that will contrast from the masculine-looking sofa.

Rachel agradeció a sheilaskb
  • PRO
    Recliners.LA
    hace 8 años

That photo Maureen provided is an awesome example of how to make it work. I hope you went for it! :)

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.