Houzz Logo Print
edubya

Which 80's sitcom house would you want to live in?

Emily H
hace 9 años

For those that watched ridiculous amounts of television in the 80's (like me), was there one house featured in a show that stands out to you as the best? Which one?

Let's hear your favorites and we'll turn the most popular choices into a poll for everyone. :)

Spot that teenage angst TV show! | Home voyeurs.... a peek into homes · Más información

*This is the house from "Growing Pains."

Comentarios (49)

• Kat Cheng
    hace 9 años
    Love the one from "Growing Pains," plus (more as a fantasy house) the perhaps long-forgotten house from Silver Spoons.

You might want to let folks add sitcom houses from the 70's, or even earlier years, to their list of all-time faves! People who came of age in the 70's may not have been as aware of the kid-oriented shows during the 80's. We were all probably too busy drooling over the majestic abodes of Dynasty and other rom-dramas, lol.
  • Emily H
    Autor original
    hace 9 años

Oh yes...Silver Spoons! I loved that one.

I actually started [another one for the 70's[(https://www.houzz.com/discussions/which-70s-tv-house-would-you-want-to-live-in-dsvw-vd~2940821), so we can get both decades. :D

• Alice Jeffers
    hace 9 años
    Última modificación: hace 9 años

full house, it was more 90s i guess but i loved their kitchen and the overall house layout

• User
    hace 9 años

Mork and Mindy house. As a tween I yearned to have a cool apartment like that! The jeep as well.

• Pat Lee_Bosworth
    hace 9 años

Definitely love, love Julia's house. Full of fun and love.

Pat

• Anita M
    hace 9 años
    What about the Huxtable townhouse:
  • pasovasz
    hace 9 años

LOVE the Addams Family house. But liked the Munsters family members better.

• ajuju
    hace 9 años

Full House, for sure!

• Becky Blackburn
    hace 9 años

Love "The OC" house.

• sout04
    hace 9 años

Family Ties was a nice Craftsman, as I remember it!

• abbyjean
    hace 9 años

Wrong era, I am sure, but June Cleaver sure had a nice house to take care of!

• Judy Mishkin
    hace 9 años

and she got to wear heels and pearls all day.

• User
    hace 9 años

I remember the candle sconce in the kitchen of Family Ties, and thought it was quirky and cool.

• James Manning
    hace 9 años
    I'd go for the Cosby brownstone.
  • jhmarie
    hace 9 años

Helen's Nantucket cottage from "Wings". I was always trying to see the set around the actors when they were at Helen's - which wasn't very often. If I remember right, the house Helen and Joe bought was also a cute Nantucket beach cottage.

• Mark Bebout
    hace 9 años
    I was always fond of the Jessica Fletcher's charming Victorian home in Cabot Cove, Maine. Murder, She Wrote.
  • PRO
    Building & Land Co.
    hace 9 años
    I guess it's not a sitcom, but I would like Robin Masters estate on Magnum PI. Not that it's especially architecturally pleasing but the location is pretty spot on :-)
  • Craig Merrow
    hace 9 años
    Última modificación: hace 9 años

The most memorable one for me is from Taxi, when a wrecking ball comes through Jim Ignatowski's living room while he's sitting there eating breakfast. Later, when everyone at work asks him if the landlord warned him, he replied, "You have to put up with a few inconveniences when you live in a condemned building."

• Beverly Hall
    hace 9 años
    Growing Pains house for sure
  • Vivian
    hace 9 años
    ah...Murder she Wrote takes my vote right after, LOL, Roarke's Fantasy Island.. if I've got the eras right.
  • ocotillaks
    hace 9 años

Dallas, Falcon Crest, Tales of the Gold Monkey Bar, Kc's Room from China Beach

• intown123
    hace 9 años

Definitely the Cosby Show or Full House. Love those Victorian row houses!

• PRO
    Design Your Kitchen and Bath
    hace 9 años

Absolutely Cosby Show for the 80's. Full House and Fresh Prince of Bel-Air for the 90's!!

• Roni D
    hace 9 años

The Jetson's!!

• kenkilgore
    hace 9 años
    It wasn't a sitcom, but Mike and Hope's house from "Thirtysomething". It was craftsman and sometimes a little dark inside. But as a young teen, I was always fascinated by all the intimate interior spaces where little groups could temporarily hide during parties, apart from the rest yet not entirely so, and gossip, brood or make out. It's a different sensibility from open-concept plans where everyone is seen and together (unless you're outside on the deck or patio with another entirely seen group). I live in a modern, open-concept home, but I had it designed with alcoves, nooks, and long, dark hallways with art niches that tempt people to stray, linger, and breakaway from the crowd for a while. I guess I'm still inspired by the "Thirtysomething" house!
  • donnarama2000
    hace 9 años
    Thirty Something house outside Philly
  • PRO
    User
    hace 9 años

Full House

• Laurel Ennis
    hace 9 años

I don't know about the 80's but I think Dick Van Dyke's mid century modern was cool as was The Brady Bunch modern classic, the crazy old Victorian house in Please Don't Eat the Daisies, the spaceship on Lost In Space and the Starship Enterprise (I like me a good holodeck in my living space).

• Peggy Printz
    hace 9 años

What about my three son's and petti coat junction? Then there were the extreme house comedies like the Beverly Hillbillies and Green Acres! I just adore a penthouse view!

• hayleydaniels
    hace 9 años

I completely forgot about Green Acres! I love that show, especially the episode where Mr. Haney sold the Ziffles the washing machine with the outboard motor as the agitator! It was a hoot!

• Sylvia Berger
    hace 9 años
    The Blair's house for sure!
  • lake1114
    hace 9 años

Cabot Cove for me

• Donica Awender
    hace 9 años

The 70s Brady Bunch house was in my dreams a lot as a kid. I wanted to live there with them, especially with Alice keeping it clean and the food always ready!!

• Barbara Gruebel
    hace 9 años

Again this is the wrong era but lode The Dick Van Dyke Show. Rob and laura were so cool. Not a fan of Rusty though. Lol.

• lake1114
    hace 9 años

I do have to say though, that it always bothered me that most of the interiors of these houses could not have had the exteriors that were pictured. Even as a child I was able to figure out that certain window, doors and rooms did not coordinated. Drove me nuts and it still does as this set design error still exists in today's movies and T.V. shows!

• chloebud
    hace 9 años

Same her lake1114! Just the other day I was watching something and noticed the exterior front door had 3 separate clear glass panes at the top. The interior showed an entirely different door with one large piece of stained glass. I guess they figure we won't notice.

• lake1114
    hace 9 años

guess they figured wrong! lol. I notice all of those discrepancies. I know they have people to check those things but they really don't do a great job.

• shortlisa
    hace 9 años
    The house in NY where Nanny Fran and Mr. Sheffield lived!
  • shortlisa
    hace 9 años
    Sorry...that was 90's!
  • sunshynandroses
    hace 9 años

Who's the Boss ...

• lake1114
    hace 9 años

sunshynandroses-forgot about that one. The interior and exterior were both typical Connecticut charm. But like numerous others, there was no way the interior design would be possible with that exterior. I loved it anyway-the fireplace was beautiful. Thanks for reminding me.

• lxstewart
    hace 9 años

Magnum PI's house - why would you want to live anywhere else and drive something other than a red Ferrari?

• PRO
    Reviving Design
    hace 9 años

The Cosby Show...fell in love with the brownstone, swinging door to the kitchen and because I grew up in a bungalow, I loved the staircase and was fascinated that there was a back staircase to the kitchen!!

• Dianna Binkley
    hace 9 años

Definitely that Boulder Mork and Mindy house!

• Mary Casey
    hace 9 años

I know it's not the 80's but I would love a house like the one on the TV show Charmed! It was a spectacular Victorian.

• PRO
    Building & Land Co.
    hace 9 años
    Okay, this isn't even a TV show, but the house in the movie Practical Magic was cool. My understanding is that it was pretty much just a shell and built for the movie but I like it just the same, that and the floating house in Sleepless in Seattle - I've kayaked around that house - I'd live there :-)
  • aliceingardenland
    hace 4 años

The Vermont Inn shown in Newhart.

• Janie Gibbs-BRING SOPHIE BACK
    hace 4 años

LOVED LOVED LOVED the "Hart to Hart" house, esp the living room with the bar, all the beautiful wood & stone, the fireplace in the kitchen...

Just stick me in a time machine with lots of $$$ LOL!

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.