Houzz Logo Print
sgrief

What was the technique used for the cabinets?

sgrief
hace 9 años
I have the 70's very oaky cabinets with heavy grain. I have gone back and forth with refacing, painting or staining. Yours look like they have a whitewashed finish (driftwood look). Would love to know the details on how it was done. Thanks
Gray Cabinets Transform a Texas Kitchen · Más información

Comentarios (7)

• Debra Streight
    hace 9 años
    What color is the glaze and base coat?
  • swosuinstruct
    hace 8 años

What color is the base coat and the glaze?

• Julie Shannon
    hace 8 años
    The base color is Sherwin Williams Gauntlet Gray SW 7019. The glaze is a custom color my painter mixed. It is a very light gray.
  • PRO
    Fresh Start Interiors Inc.
    hace 7 años

Was the base coat applied as a stain or paint? It appears to be stain or watered down paint as the grain shows well. (that is the look I want to go over my 80's oak cabinets) I am very interested in achieving that look. Thanks

• PRO
    Fresh Start Interiors Inc.
    hace 7 años

Love the liming affect- Great look and way to use existing oak which many homes have. Clients are always interested in ways to upgrade. I love using the quality of oak but creating a modern look.

• Sandra
    hace 6 años

Love the look of the cabinets. Can you share what colors you used for the glaze?

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.