Houzz Logo Print
lilja_fam

Landscaping help

Lilja Fam
hace 9 años
Any suggestions for some clean modern landscaping for the front of our house? South facing full sun. Thanks!!

Comentarios (7)

• User
    hace 9 años

Cute place! You have a nice tree there, which could be the start of a planting island with some evergreen bushes, some perennials, and even some annuals, if you have a green thumb. You could add a tree across the yard-doesn't have to be exactly lined up, some easy-care foundation plantings, and you are good to go. Ornamental grasses are very tough and come in a wide range of colors and sizes. Many bushes have not only leaf interest, but colored bark in winter. Check with your local nursery for the best plants in your area.

• miacometlady
    hace 9 años
    In front of the sign- perhaps a red dogwood bush with circle of mulch like under tree to balance. Looks great in winter and fills out nicely. Miniature boxwood bushes would look nice along house. I like the idea of ornamental grass. Modern doesn't mean not using flowers. Flowerbeds don't have to look like a country cottage. Black mulch would give beds an edge look. Pick one color like red for flowers or purple to avoid cottage look. Have fun. It may take several years to figure out what grows well!
  • PRO
    Sacred Gardens
    hace 9 años

In what city, state is the house located? That would greatly help to determine the best plant palette/design for awesome curb appeal.

• hayleydaniels
    hace 9 años

One of the cheapest and easiest things you can do for your yard is to apply a good organic weed and feed to your lawn in the spring and again in the fall. It will control the weeds, and give you a nice green lawn. Keep it mowed with a few small flower beds and your yard will look very nice. You don't need an English garden to have a nice yard. A well maintained yard is what makes a home look cared for.

• Lilja Fam
    Autor original
    hace 9 años
    We are Dallas TX. Thank you!!
  • PRO
    ILT Vignocchi
    hace 9 años

I agree with a modern approach to the landscape design. Really accentuates the modern lines of the house. In our climate (zone 4-5) I would recommend a boxwood hedge, possibly straight, not curved, bed lines and low grasses like a Hakone grass and that is it. I think the simplicity of planting could be striking and give the house a very updated modern feel.

• anne dee
    hace 9 años

I don't know much about landscaping but it appears that your zone for gardening is 8a
    You could check this out to see what would be best for you.
    here is a pic I googled for yr area for reference

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.