Houzz Logo Print
dannalb

New Home - Need Advice, please!

dannalb
hace 9 años
Just closed on a new home today and would like some input on the exterior, more specifically the shutters. Something seems off to me. Should I change out the shutters? Larger, louvered? Color, thinking maybe a wedge wood blue? Also, open to landscaping suggestions as well. Thank you!!

Comentarios (7)

• Kristi Traynor
    hace 9 años
    The shutters look appropriate. Maybe you'd prefer them to be less contrasting with house? The black may be making them appear a little smaller than they really are.
  • PRO
    ILT Vignocchi
    hace 9 años

I think the shutters are a tad small in scale compared to the windows and that is what you are feeling. I like the black, it is a nice contrast. In terns of the landscape most of what you have is distracting from the home, or covering it up as opposed to adding to it. You can't see most of the interesting features except the front door, which is what you are always trying to draw your eye to. I would consult a landscape architect or design build company (interview more than one if you want to go this route) in your area that would be willing to provide a plan. A landscape architect will charge you for the plan, but a design build company will typically give you the plan for free if you pay them to do the installation. It is a lovely home. Congratulations.

• anne dee
    hace 9 años
    Última modificación: hace 9 años

I would remove the shutters as they appear redundant.

You might want to consider reframing the exterior windows to something heftier

pic for ref only re windows

Ranch Style Dressing · Más información

• dannalb
    Autor original
    hace 9 años
    Thank you all very much! I am going to get with a landscape architect / landscaper in the next couple of weeks and get a plan in place and consider the shutter options as well. I was looking at the front entry light and sconces at the garage and think those could be improved as well.
  • dannalb
    Autor original
    hace 9 años
    Decoenthusiast, thank you for the link! Enlightening and entertaining!
  • decoenthusiaste
    hace 9 años

I think I've seen almost all of those gaffs he pointed out! Funny looking for sure.

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.