Houzz Logo Print
keako

Help! Does this vanity have a cottage look?

keako
hace 9 años
I purchased this vanity not realizing the doors weren't shaker. I can't return it. Do you think it will fit well in a vintage/cottage bathroom?

Bella 60-in Double Sink Bath Vanity (Carrara/White) · Más información

Comentarios (28)

• keako
    Autor original
    hace 9 años
    there are more angles of the vanity in the link provided in the post
  • keako
    Autor original
    hace 9 años
    Thank you but I think that might be the problem. I'm afraid it might look too fancy. I wanted it to have more of a cottage/furniture/dresser look. Do you think it looks too fancy?
  • keako
    Autor original
    hace 9 años
    should i change the knobs/pulls?
  • hatetoshop
    hace 9 años
    Última modificación: hace 9 años

Yes -- the colour and the legs give it a cottage style feel.

keako agradeció a hatetoshop
  • hatetoshop
    hace 9 años

You could change the knobs to glass:

Dazzling Dining Room · Más información

keako agradeció a hatetoshop
  • jenintp
    hace 9 años

I would change change the faucet to a simpler style, maybe something like this:

• keako
    Autor original
    hace 9 años
    Thank you. I am trying to give the piece a more casual feel and I think glass or ORB knobs might do it... or maybe even traditional furniture knobs like this:

Beach Style Bathroom · Más información
  • wedding831
    hace 9 años
    I think it is great but glass knobs might be best-
    keako agradeció a wedding831
  • jenintp
    hace 9 años

Sorry, I'm having trouble posting a link, but look at faucet in pic you just posted. That is more of a cottage look to me, the original faucet on the vanity is more Victorian.

keako agradeció a jenintp
  • keako
    Autor original
    hace 9 años
    The other elements in my bathroom are frameless pivot mirrors, white hex floors, white plank ceilings and frameless shower with white subway tile. This is the shower fixture:

PULSE ShowerSpas 1011-CH Kauai II CH Chrome Shower System · Más información
  • jenintp
    hace 9 años

I also like glass pulls, but I don't think it is the pulls that is making it look to fancy to you.

• jenintp
    hace 9 años

Yes, that is all very similar to our cottage bathroom (subway tile, hex floors, etc.). Our vanity is similar to the one you purchased, but with glass pulls and with a faucet more like the one in your second pic.

• keako
    Autor original
    hace 9 años
    Okay thank you all. I agree jmatis but my idea is a fusion of vintage and cottage. The faucets are actually what drew me to the piece. So glass knobs would basically make this piece feel a little more casual.
  • keako
    Autor original
    hace 9 años
    jmatis does your vanity have shaker doors? Do you have any pics you can upload?
  • keako
    Autor original
    hace 9 años
    The vanity measures 60" wide. This is the diagram for it and these are the mirrors I purchased to go above each sink. Do you guys think they are too big? If so, what size should I get (they can be returned).

Gatco 4329S Chrome Tiara Rectangular Mirror from the Tiara Series · Más información
  • jenintp
    hace 9 años

What are the measurements of the mirrors? Our vanity cabinet hasn't been installed yet but I'll try to post a pic of the panel style. It is not shaker. It is called "chapel hill" from dura supreme. Ours will be painted grey, not wood stain.

• keako
    Autor original
    hace 9 años
    jmatis your doors are beautiful and a lot more casual than mine. They look very similar to shaker. The mirrors are 23.5w x 32h. I'm not one for small mirrors but I'm afraid they might be too wide.. i dont know. Also, the vanity I purchased was a knock off of Pottery Barn's Classic Turned Leg:

http://www.potterybarn.com/products/classic-turned-leg-double-sink-console/
  • keako
    Autor original
    hace 9 años
    I could also paint my vanity as well and give it more of a vanilla color to soften the bright white.
  • sacapuntaslapioz
    hace 9 años
    post a picture f the bathroom where it will live and we shall be able to give a more informed opinion
  • Lori
    hace 9 años
    i think it looks great - I would leave everything except the knobs. maybe change them glass.
  • PRO
    Belenky Interiors, LLC
    hace 9 años
    The cabinet is great. A good rule of thumb is that the width of your mirror does not exceed width of the doors below -
    keako agradeció a Belenky Interiors, LLC
  • PRO
    Belenky Interiors, LLC
    hace 9 años
    These are medicine cabinets we used for a renovation.
    keako agradeció a Belenky Interiors, LLC
  • ycity
    hace 9 años
    I could be wrong, but it looks like a beaded shaker cabinet. It will look lovely with your cottage style.
  • keako
    Autor original
    hace 9 años
    Belenky, your link didn't show
  • OldGrayMare
    hace 9 años
    I think everything g you have will be deliciously cottagy....with the exception of the frameless mirrors. Those are way too modern for the vintage/cottage look you are putting together.
  • PRO
    Belenky Interiors, LLC
    hace 9 años
    Attached is photo of tilt mirror we used in a traditional bathroom. Use painter's blue tape on wall above sinks....... what you bought might be perfect!
  • keako
    Autor original
    hace 9 años
    @Belenky.. Your bathroom is gorgeous although it looks more modern than traditional. I will take your suggestion regarding the painters tape.

@tillett.. Thank you for chiming in.. I will have to hang the mirrors and see how they look. Unfortunately my vanity is only 60" so a traditional medicine cabinet/mirror would have to be a bit small.
Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.