sans01

Kerb appeal

hace 9 años
Our house needs work on the exterior.
We are thinking of replacing the front door and garage door. Moving the front door forward inline with the window and adding a canopy ( to increase space inside). The drive way also needs looking at.
I like the white house grey door look but would that look odd on our house with it being a semi, and also want to avoid spending too much on a house where we may not get it back.

Any suggestions very welcome?

Comentarios (10)

• hace 9 años
    well, you don't have to paint the whole house white. you can just paint the lower part (if that's what you mean? :) i would change garage door, esp if it's not working properly. i'd go for a wood-look or black garage door. and i'd say go for the grey front door! can look good against white. but first and foremost... i do agree that the drive needs the most improvement. and THAT will make a huge difference to the property. but yes, if you don't think you'll get your money back quickly, not sure how long you're planning on living there, block paving can look nice, but can be the more costly option. i think? i'm not sure which is cheaper, tarmac or concrete. but i know concrete can crack much faster.
  • hace 9 años
    Thanks very much what you've said is really helpful. I guess painting just the bottom front us a good place to start and then we can judge, so I presume you would you include the garage brick work with that. You don't think the front door and garage need to match then? And yes I think we will go down the block paving route, more costly but I can see us being here awhile.
  • hace 9 años
    Completely agree with alant1000
  • hace 9 años
    I would not paint the garage brickwork - painted render looks fine but painted brickwork can look tacky and gives you a permanent maintenance job. I wouldn't clad the upper storey either, future buyers may wonder what you have covered up and see a problem where none exists. I agree with alant1000 about painting the bottom half cream or white, and repairing the wood trims, moving the burglar alarm and either having a rnew or painting the front door. If you like gardening and don't need all the parking space, include a garden area in your block paving design. If you need the parking, then add a few pots and plant them up - perhaps put them under the front window to give colour and draw attention to the entrance area. Good luck!
  • hace 9 años
    I agree with the painting etc, my addition would be to soften the front by putting some trough planters along the side of the garage fitted with frames in so you can climb honeysuckle and clematis without it going right over the garage. You'll get lovely scent and you'll lose some of the harshness. plus you can take them with you.
  • hace 9 años
    Render the entire house and paint it oil-based brilliant white
  • hace 9 años
    sans01. noooooo, i wouldn't paint the garage brick. and yes, your front door and garage door do not need to be same colour. esp, if you do choose something like a grey door (if that's what you like) and like i said, the garage door can be black, wood-like, or white if you really like that. now, if your door was red, i wouldn't say go for a yellow door haha. that's why i think the colors i said can go with anything. so i think? :)
  • hace 9 años
    Thanks everyone for all you feed back as you can probably tell I'm a bit clueless, but you've all helped loads. I'll post images when we've finished.
  • PRO
    hace 9 años
    Hi, How is your project going? As far as the garage door goes have a look at this.
Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.