Houzz Logo Print
boydconstructionspecialtiesinc

Did the tall door warp over time?

doors over 8' tall are prone to warpage, particularly when only mounted at top like a pocket door (no hinges down side). I guess that's why Supa and other door mfrs don't offer warranty for anything over 8' tall. I would like to know if the door pictured here warped. I'd like the exact same application and am familiar with SUPA door.
Supa Doors - 10 ft tall doors · Más información

Comentario (1)

• PRO
    Supa Doors
    hace 9 años
    VERY good question. You are right - 8 ft is the standard warranty height for many door manufacturers utilizing wood or MDF, and is the industry norm, as taller doors can be affected without having the hinges to help align the door. We do offer doors up to 10 ft tall. SUPA Doors takes an additional step by internally reinforcing all doors over 8 ft tall with LVL material giving additional rigidity to the doors. I have not heard back from this project which typically only occurs when there is an issue with the door. Best of luck in your efforts -- and please call our factory if you would like to discuss further.
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.