hzdeleted_2134672

Window treatment suggestions?

hace 9 años
Hi Houzzers, should mention the eating area will be a banquette with brown rectangular table, white wood bench with brown wood seat. Was thinking linen shade roman valance with brown trim for all windows but will that be too blah?? Thanks.

Comentarios (343)

• hace 9 años

I think I'd wait to do those windows until after you choose the furniture. Both of these furniture ideas you just posted would be better with ivory romans. But, I definitely think ivory romans in the dining room would work great with wovens in the kitchen.

• hace 9 años

Ok I think u might be right, thank u! And Ann, do you think a large woven shade in the nook area will be too much since I'm doing the wovens in the 2 other windows over the countertop? Should I go with something different there like cafe curtains? I'm sorry I seriously second guess everything!!!

• Conversaciones relacionadas

Qué recomiendan (cortinas-color)

Q

(10) comentarios
    Entendí jejee, qué bien que el ángulo era correcto! No había considerado persianas, realmente, estoy mirando las opciones, y creo que me iré por ahí, con unas beige o crema muy bonitas que he visto. Sobre los muebles, vamos a renovar el sofá, no negociable con mi esposo, porque fue el único que tuvo el nivel de confort que le resultara (jugador de playstation...... ) Tengo un rack para la TV bajo, color nogal, que si no queda bien, cambiaria por uno que vea combine mejor, y tenia pensado incluir esta poltrona en un lateral:Y como accesorios adicionales: Variante 1- Una lampara de pie de un lado y un mueble tipo estante ligero como este del lado de la puerta de entrada Variante 2- Mesita ligera, igual onda la que se ve en la foto esta, o en la del sofá, de ambos lados, o manteniendo lampara de un lado y mesita del otro.... Sobre el color, estuve mirando con su recomendación, que me gusta, esta combinación, no se ve bien en la foto, la verdad... Bueno, eso :D, espero sus recomendaciones!!! muy agradecida! Yude
    ...Ver más

kitchen

Q

(0) comentarios
    Artec blinds, has the best solutions for your window treatments. ☎️ 305-699-5589 www.artecblinds.com @artecblinds #blinds #brikell #interiordesign #interior_design #interiors #interior_delux #interiordesigner #dreamhome #dreamhouse #myhome #myhouse #luxurylifestyle #luxuryhomes #luxurydesign #interiorinspiration #interiorideas #homedecor #housedesign #housedesign #housedecor #modermhouse #modermhome #renovation #kitchendesign #kitchenremodel #aventura #kitchenstyle
    ...Ver más

Windows Treatment

Q

(0) comentarios
    Designed for all your spaces ⚙️⛓ Free Estimates ☎️305-699-5589 www.artecblinds.com @artecblinds #blinds #love #windowstreatment #instagood #interiordesign #interior #remodelation #rennovation #housedesign #homesweethome #homedecor #homedesign #housebeautiful #lifestyle #stylehome #design #inspiration #decoration #realestate #brickell #aventura #florida
    ...Ver más

Windows Treatment

Q

(0) comentarios
    Projects made with passion and dedication ☎️ 305-699-5589 Call Now www.artecblinds.com @artecblinds #blinds #interiordesign #windowtreatments #brickell #brickelliving #interiors #love #interior_design #instagood #interior_delux #interiordesigner #dreamhome #dreamhouse #myhome #myhouse #luxury #luxurylifestyle #luxuryhomes #luxurydesign #interiorinspiration #interiorideas #homedecor #homedesign #homedesign #modermhouse #modermhome #renovation #aventura #livingroom #realestate #generalcontractormiami
    ...Ver más
  • hace 9 años

I'd probably do two outside mount woven shades in the nook, one for each window. I would definitely not do cafe curtains.

• hace 9 años

Ok, thank you so much- again!!!

• hace 9 años
    Última modificación: hace 9 años

You're welcome! I love visiting your beautiful home in dilemmas.

My daughter and I bought roman shades from Pottery barn for her daughter's bedroom windows (much like the size and shape of your nook windows). We did outside mounts side by side and I think they look great.

User agradeció a Ann
  • hace 9 años

Yes I like the choices, looking good.

User agradeció a happyleg
  • hace 9 años
    Hi Melissa, well, well, well....I didn't need to do much thinking, that Forest View dining room with the two cream colored end chairs would look absolutely amazing in your dining room! That is what I would go for. It will work great in combination with the kitchen. And I also agree to purchase your furniture and then the window treatments. Regardless of the choice, either linen or woven, it will absolutely Not clash with that beautiful kitchen, not at all. ;) I also feel that you should do the same window treatments on all the kitchen windows. I'm 75% sure, unless you post something else really cool and change my view on that. Lol :)

PS I'm so excited about that dining room, that if I had the extra $, I'd buy it for you and deliver it....that's how perfect I think it would be. Very nice pick. But that's just my opinion. I know everyone has different taste...Good luck, no matter what you choose. :)
    User agradeció a zazfuzzroc
  • hace 9 años

Thanks everyone :))!!!! Ann, curious in the PB shades. Did you mount them on the window molding or above it (on the wall). I'm nervous about how it will look.

• hace 9 años

Pardon, she did outside. You can do either. It's what inches are inside window's trim sides. To what you prefer. Store's offer install & free estimates.

• hace 9 años

You can do either inside or outside depending on the window. I can't tell if you have room on the inside or not. There wasn't room for inside mount at my daughter's house, so we did top of the window trim, not the wall. It looked nice. Inside is probably the nicest look if your window works for it.

• hace 9 años

Thanks Ann! Didn't see your post till now.

Ok, so one last question out to you al!!! I can't decide between these 2 samples. I took 3 pics of each to show how each sample goes with the floor, the table and then a close up to see it with the wall color. I think they both kind of go with the floor tile which I hear with woven blinds is what you should try to match... So can I get a vote?! Neutral or Sienna?? thanks guys:)))))!!!!!!!

Neutral

Sienna

• hace 9 años

By just a fraction, I'll go with neutral.

• hace 9 años

Hey Melissa, how are ya? :) I think I'm liking the first one. I want to check on my tablet first, to see if the color is any different. :)

• hace 9 años

lol :) Hi Ann....we were having the same thought. :)

• hace 9 años

Thanks Ann :)!!!!

• hace 9 años

And thanks Zaz!!! So 2 votes for neutral. DH of course likes the sienna .

• hace 9 años

Looks to me like the first one has a bit more color variation, which I think will be interesting. Neither will look bad, not at all. But neutral is my vote and I'm sticking to it. lol :) Good luck! :)

• hace 9 años

Yikes! That's a tough one. I was going to say the 2nd, because it seems a tiny bit richer, but I agree with Zaz that the 1st one has a bit more variation. So I'm going to be no help and say either would look good : )

• hace 9 años

What was the next shade that was just a bit darker than both of these? Was it a contender at all?

• PRO
    hace 9 años
    I would definitely go with neutral. Add some more color, pattern and texture in some pillows for bench. You can switch them out seasonally.
  • hace 9 años

Thanks everyone!!! Tgb1, I wasn't going to go darker since I didn't want the shades to stand out too much. So if you're mind doesn't change no need to respond.., but below are 2 more pics of the samples in daylight. Neutral is on the left, sienna on right.

Thanks so much guys!!! 20% off sale ends today so I need to make a decision.

Against the tile

• hace 9 años

I don't think you'll go wrong with either, but I prefer the larger variety of various shades in the neutral. That would be the one I'd order but I think the other would work very nicely too.

User agradeció a Ann
  • hace 9 años

Ok, thanks Ann!!!

• hace 9 años

Good morning Melissa, okay,....I think if you didn't want the shades to stand out too much, I would go with the neutral. From the picture in front of the window (good idea) .... you can see the neutral is not as bold. I think that's what you're after. :) I also like the fact that the neutral has dark color like the table and light color similar to your wall. (I zoomed) :) Again ......This kitchen will not look bad with either choice! ;)

• hace 9 años

Good morning Zaz! Thanks so much!! Yes I definitely see what you mean by the color variation adding interest. But I don't know if I'm crazy about the ashy tones I see in the neutral one. Here's a pic of them on the counter and I'm liking how the sienna is brining out the golden tone... Hmm, so torn!! But I think leaning toward sienna. Will let u guys know for sure what I decide. Thank u! Thank u!

• hace 9 años
    I think the sienna has a bit more life in it - I prefer that one but they would both work. The sienna reminds me of mine - but mine is a bit more orangey to complement my kitchen cabs. I'll try to attach pic
  • hace 9 años

I do think the sienna would read a bit orangey which could be a nice complement to wood tone cabinets. Melissa, if it did feel a bit orangey, would that be OK? I'm wondering about that due to all the gold tones in the floor and wall color.

• hace 9 años

Melissa, then you have your answer. There is no wrong answer between the two..... you will not get a failing grade. ;) I see what you are saying, I believe the sienna pulls from the vein/color in your counters. The neutral blends more. If the ash is bothering you now, trust Zaz, it won't get better with time. ;) Relax, it will look great..... go with your heart! :)

PS....I went back through your dilemma, your favorite kitchen has shades that

Lombardy Lane, Laguna Beach · Más información

are darker..... more like the sienna. Just a thought ....

• hace 9 años

Zaz is right - either will work nicely!

• hace 9 años

Melissa, I sure understand you thinking this through so carefully. I just finished a dilemma to choose a new light fixture and one piece of art for my dining room. Over 1000 comments before I reached the decision and only a very, very few comments were unrelated to the dilemma, lol:). It's easy to talk about, but tough to make that final decision and place the order!!!

• hace 9 años

Thanks guys!!! Ann, I don't think it has much orange, its definitely more golden, sort of like a jute rug. TGb1, yours came out beautiful!! and Zaz thanks for reminding me of my inspiration pic:))). Ok, so I think Sienna it is! Going to put in some laundry then call blinds.com :)!!!

• hace 9 años
    Btw - Ann - don't know if you can see it much in my pic - my wall color is the bm natural cream that I'm always suggesting to everyone. Similar I think to accessible beige : )
  • hace 9 años

Thanks Ann and I wish I had seen your dilemma!! You've helped me so much would've loved to have given some advice to you for once!!! Glad you were able to make a decision. It is so tough because you spent so much time making this space your own. It gets very personal and stressful. I just don't want to screw it up :)!!!

• hace 9 años

Melissa, trust yourself. Every idea so far has worked out very well. There's nothing wrong with taking time to make decisions. Enjoy your day..... can't wait to see the shades installed! :)

User agradeció a zazfuzzroc
  • hace 8 años

While I'm waiting for the shades to be delivered im of course thinking of dining room ideas !! Do you all have any thoughts on this jute rug with olive green border? Just thinking might go nice with the openness into the kitchen. And what do u think about it with my current fabric? It actually holds up very well to stains and I'm just afraid of doing off white upholstered chairs with my kids. Although these chairs & table will be traded out hopefully one day soon I could keep the fabric on a new set... See below :)).

Maybe Something like this for new DR set but different color and rectangular table...

• hace 8 años

I don't think I like the base color of the rug - not sure it works very well with your floor color.

• hace 8 años

I enlarged the above pic & rug has a beige design & looks fine with floor.

• hace 8 años

Happyleg, the sisal has a beige design?

• hace 8 años

I actually think the one that you have in there is nicer than the jute. Do you want to replace plain with plain?

• hace 8 años

Thanks Ann and tgb1! You make good points... And thanks happy leg for your opinion as well. Ok, I think the search is on :)... & maybe I'll will try for a sample of the one I originally posted above

• hace 8 años

Hi Melissa, I'm sorry....I had to flip them. It's late, I'm tired and they were makin' me dizzy. lol :)

Much betta! haha ;)

• hace 8 años

Ha Zaz - that's funny!

• hace 8 años
    Última modificación: hace 8 años

PS...I think the color looks fine with the floor. I definitely understand how you feel about light chair covers....thank God mine are slipcovers. I actually need new ones though. :) I will look out for more rugs from you. Good luck! ;)

I like your choice of dining furniture too. :)

• hace 8 años

Hi tgb1! How are you tonight? :)

• hace 8 años

I'm good Zaz thanks for asking : ) I'm thinking of going to bed.

• hace 8 años

Me too or at least winding down... ;)

• hace 8 años

Thanks Zaz!!! It's so funny that I can't figure out how to turn the darn pics around. How do you do it?? And thanks for your thoughts on the rug. I think I will keep looking around though and just keep what I have until I find "the one" lol:))). I see the chair hunt is coming along!! Keep at it and you'll find the ones your looking for! But also I find taking breaks sometimes really helps too.... sometimes too many options make my head spin!!

• hace 8 años

Hi Melissa, yeah.... my head is spinning. Lol :) But I'm having fun. :) I understand you about waiting for "the one"....I'm still debating, so I guess I haven't seen "the one" or maybe I need to step back for at least a day, but I'm excited.... so I can't help it. Lol :) Good luck rug hunting. If you see any good sales, let me know.... please? ;)

Oh, the pictures .... the only way that I have been able to flip them is on my Chromebook. It overwrites the original and saves. I have tried on my PC, but it just posts the original way even after I flip it. Possibly being flipped in a photo app and saving to your camera roll may help? I don't think I've tried that, but it should work. Hope that helps. Have a great day Melissa! ;)

• hace 8 años

The olive rug sounds fine for your kitchen.

• hace 8 años

Hi Houzzers! My cabinet guy posted my kitchen pics. Here's the link below. Thanks for all the good advice :)!!

https://www.houzz.com/photos/allendale-white-kitchen-craftsman-kitchen-new-york-phvw-vp~37968589

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.