greg_varano

Should I paint kitchen cabinets ?

Greg Varano
hace 9 años
I explored different options replacing, refacing (which was more expensive than a new kitchen). This kitchen look tired and outdated, layout works and cabinets are in good condition. Was thinking off-white with glaze. Concerned on the durability after painted. Any suggestions based on your experience?

Comentarios (6)

• PRO
    User
    hace 9 años
    no, i would stain them walnut, cherry or espresso
  • hayleydaniels
    hace 9 años
    It's fine, and hardly outdated.
  • abbyjean
    hace 9 años
    I think you have a beautiful kitchen!
  • PRO
    User
    hace 9 años
    Hi there,
    I agree with the previous comment. I would rethink the backsplash, make it lighter. Even change the door hardware for an update! These are small changes that are cost effective. Your current cabinets are nice and seem in good shape. Re-staining is quite the job and very time consuming! Good luck!
  • PRO
    New Life Restorations and Properties
    hace 9 años
    Última modificación: hace 9 años
    I think it is a lovely kitchen as well. I think the questions here are the cabinets still in good shape, is the layout what you like or have your tastes just changed over the years? Maybe you are just ready for something new. Do you have an idea book on kitchens and kitchen makeovers? If not, perhaps you should look at some other kitchens, see what you like and see how you can incorporate some of those ideas into yours. If you decide to paint please hire an expert. I have seen some real disasters. I agree with the others, a new backsplash and wall color might go a long way to giving you an update. Good luck.
Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.