Houzz Logo Print
slynch531

I need help with the blank wall of my newly redecorated kitchen

slynch531
hace 11 años
Debating between custom bulletin board for black and white photos or photo or mirror

Comentarios (15)

• rosemarie105
    hace 11 años
    I like the bulletin board idea. Something with a nice background like this one: [houzz=
    Bulletin Board · Más información
    ]
  • Melissa Cee
    hace 11 años
    I vote for the bulletin board!
  • janey12
    hace 11 años
    How about a large design clock with painted numerals straight onto wall have seen this done and can look stunning
  • charleee
    hace 11 años
    janey12, I've seen that done, too, and it's amazing! Do you remember where you saw it, I've been looking for it with no luck. Thanks!......Bobbi
  • feeny
    hace 11 años
    Última modificación: hace 11 años
    I vote for either a nicely framed, large bulletin board (if you need one) or a beautiful, large black and white art photograph nicely matted and framed.
  • PRO
    Eily Roe Interiors
    hace 11 años
    Here is a link to lots of different ideas on the wall clock - which is a great idea:
    http://homefurniturecatalogs.com/redefine-your-room-with-stylish-wall-clocks-wall-stickers.html
    But I would love to see something with a greater scale than a bulletin board or a mirror - a series of small photos something like this perhaps?
  • charleee
    hace 11 años
    Elly, thanks for the link! How do you get the clock mechanism to stay on the wall? Construction adhesive, I guess?
  • charliemycat
    hace 11 años
    Última modificación: hace 11 años
    You have a very beautiful kitchen that you have obviously spent a lot of time and money on. I would personally not do a bulletin board or chalk board on that wall. They just look messy to me and personally, I would do a large art piece on that wall. I like this site a lot for large scale artwork either with a pop of color or in black and white with strong architectural lines, or large scale black and white photos of your children.
    http://www.greatbigcanvas.com/view/providenciales-island-turks-and-caicos-islands,ng0250343/?s=jFn9tC88vrLahe8JceTNw4zf7KqZGUTvxNu8xqbKuBJL3bgkgFoscFLUn5IX7
    A bulletin board and or chalkboard combination is perfect for your office area or tucked away in a less obvious location.
  • janey12
    hace 11 años
    Bobbi b. My friend used some sort of adhesive to attach hands of clock to wall and then bought transfers of numerals which were self adhesive to make the clock www.homefurniturecatalogs have some great ideas as well. As I'm in uk some of links I have do not ship world wide.
  • charleee
    hace 11 años
    janey, I MUST do this! I'm very excited, been looking for this for a long time!
  • PRO
    GOAStudio London residential architecture limited
    hace 11 años
    I vote not for a mirror...

A bulletin board would be fine. Or black and white photos, it depends on your style and likes. Just one comment though: try to use large pieces that smaller ones. A three-piece of large black and white photos would work better than 10 smaller photos across the wall. Try to emphasize the scale of the wall and put something there has affects visually the rest of the room too. Think of scale first. And then choose the items/colours/images/etc you like for this scale.
  • innersite
    hace 11 años
    Hi S. I think one large nicely framed Art work or a family Photo but it has to be special like a beach-ocean scene with maybe silhouette of family members. with the sun going down. I think that would be beautiful and peaceful to look at every day and make sure is is oversized.
  • User
    hace 11 años
    I could not do without my bulletin board in my kitchen!! I have to have things out where I can see them. Several of the shops on Etsy.com have very nice ones. Just input Bulletin board into their search engine.
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.