Houzz Logo Print
shams_tabrez

Need Help covering an empty hole in the wall!

Shams Tabrez
hace 11 años
Hey guys, i need an ideas or instructions on how i can cover a hole in the wall which was designed by the builder.

Thank You

Comentarios (25)

• PRO
    Otrada Design LLC
    hace 11 años
    Try an architectural salvage store for grates or grills that could be cut down to size. This way you provide a visual screen and an architectural detail all in one.
  • dcer
    hace 11 años
    I agree with Otrada, I decorative screen in the way to go. Also, use a rubber band to tie all of those cords together and tuck them behind the desk so they are much less visible!
  • Darzy
    hace 11 años
    A good sheetrock person can patch and can barely notice an opening was ever there.
  • Melissa Cee
    hace 11 años
    I agree. I would call a drywall contractor and fill it in.
  • charleee
    hace 11 años
    I would have glass shelves installed, with an up-light to display beautiful glass vases of different colors.
  • charleee
    hace 11 años
    Jade, not flowers, just vases!
  • PRO
    GOAStudio London residential architecture limited
    hace 11 años
    No idea what is on the other side of the room and if it is worth it but maybe a ...fish-tank would do the trick.

You will have to find one to relate to the opening and can work there but if possible it will be an interesting way to separate the two rooms.
  • charleee
    hace 11 años
    GOAStudio - cool idea!....Bobbi
  • PRO
    GOAStudio London residential architecture limited
    hace 11 años
    Thank you Bobbi P. It is a bit of a left-field idea but it could work.

George
  • charleee
    hace 11 años
    OMG Jade, I'm so sorry! I'm not having a red letter day! A fellow Houzzer really upset me this morning and I'm having trouble getting over it. Silly me. I'd shoot off a nasty reply but I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person, you know?
  • charleee
    hace 11 años
    Jade, thanks, I think so too. Are you a professional designer, or just really really smart?
  • tob123
    hace 11 años
    Última modificación: hace 11 años
    this idea seems good ...to use fusion glass window
    Wine Country Living · Más información
    Craftsman Style · Más información
    or you can put mirros or art there
  • charleee
    hace 11 años
    olgahoney, Link Not Found!
  • feeny
    hace 11 años
    Última modificación: hace 11 años
    @Shams,
    Agree with those arguing for filling in with dry wall or, if cost is prohibitive, putting in glass shelves for a beautiful display, as Bobbi wisely suggested.

@Bobbi,
    Strongly suspect I know which morning comment you are talking about (followed by a second, mindlessly echoing one, yes?). Pissed me off too, even though I was not participating in the conversation. Enough said.
  • tob123
    hace 11 años
    this is better
    Asian Bathroom · Más información
  • PRO
    Michael Tauber Architecture
    hace 11 años
    It really depends on where this "hole" is within the house. If it strategic and sits at the end of a vista in a hallway - making it something nice is a good idea.Could make it a niche with shelving above and a solid panel below to cover up the back of your desk(?). If it is not and it serves you no function, filling it in would be ok. A third option would be to set a translucent glass panel in the opening which would allow light to transfer through but provide some privacy. See the attached photo.
  • charleee
    hace 11 años
    olgahoney - LOVE that! Fantastic!

Feeny, God love you, you do know what I mean. And mindless is right, does this strike a chord "LOL", then followed by a third comment. It really upset me to the point of tears.
  • feeny
    hace 11 años
    I had missed the third comment, Bobbi, but none of them worth lingering over. As for #2, for heaven's sake consider the taste-challenged source!
  • charleee
    hace 11 años
    feeny, I know, I know. You're right, natch. Thanks, feeny!
  • Ann C
    hace 11 años
    You could hang an antique salvaged window in it. Or frame it and hang curtains.
  • Shams Tabrez
    Autor original
    hace 11 años
    Ok guys, thank you for the help. I might fill the whole and call a drywall contractor.
  • labseak1
    hace 11 años
    depending on it's location, what about some fancy shelving for books, pics, etc?
  • mccutcheon1
    hace 11 años
    I was just at a site called www.roomdividers.com I linked to it from Houzz. They sell screens of all kinds, starting around $132.00 (woven 3 panels in several colors). The also have a nice selection of screens that have a different design or painting or photograph on each side.

With some accurate measuring, you could end up with a great screen in one room and and a "framed" art niche on the other!
  • mccutcheon1
    hace 11 años
    Here are links to some I like--b/w photos of Rome, Asian art, a Van Gogh screen for mega color, vintage seed packets. These run aroun $125.00.

http://www.roomdividers.com/CAN-ITALY4.html
    http://www.roomdividers.com/CAN-JAPAN.html
    http://www.roomdividers.com/CAN-CHINA.html
    http://www.roomdividers.com/cache/999/CAN-SEED1.html
    http://www.roomdividers.com/CAN-VANG.html
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.