Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_2342644

Help!!! Empty space in living room

User
hace 9 años
I have lived in my house for 10 years and now is when I feel it's becoming a home. Due to budget constraints I tend to be a thrifty shopper. I think I have good taste but sometime just don't know how to put items together.
I am looking to paint this room but have no idea on what color. Something neutral to go with the things I already have maybe even a color out of the rug.
There is this corner in the room and I just don't know what to put there. I thought of possibly a wall of frames, another chair or a leaning shelf but I don't have any knickknacks to put on it?
Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Comentarios (15)

• sunnydrew
    hace 9 años
    I would first concentrate on the furniture placement. I think the room has a great start, but the single chair facing the TV is throwing it all off.
    It is hard to see the colors on the computer, but I think the wall color looks ok with what is in there.
    I like your curtains. Can you tell me where they are from?
  • User
    Autor original
    hace 9 años
    The chair only faces the tv when my boyfriend is watching it. It's an oversized chair and eventually u think we are going to take out of room but in the mean time it's the only spot I have for it. That's the only wall I have in that room so until we get a bigger tv we keep it on a console/sofa table. But we do plan on mounting it to the wall.
    I've never been able to place the furniture just right due to all the windows and lack of walls. I feel like the space that's empty is useless since I don't want to overload the room with seats and another piece of furniture would have to be a bit on the smaller side.
  • PRO
    Specialty Air Inc
    hace 9 años
    Última modificación: hace 9 años
    @Design Dilemma yes i am also curious to know after everything where you going to place your T.V . I think you can use center wall technique that must be helpful for you :)
  • User
    Autor original
    hace 9 años
    I'm open to changing things around bc I want to look more cohesive. The paint is a very light color. It's 10years old so I don't remeber the name but you can barely tell there's paint.
    The curtains I purchased at Marshall's.
  • User
    Autor original
    hace 9 años
    @specialtyair what is center wall technique ?
  • pam h
    hace 9 años

I like all of your pieces, but agree with other comments. Furniture placement not paint is the thing that makes this room nice rather than fabulous. Of course, I'm not that great at it myself, so I'm pointing it out, not making suggesting:)

• User
    Autor original
    hace 9 años
    We are open to all suggestions. We have painted the room a much darker color and installed crown molding. Just by doing that the room has changed completely. I will post a pic of the furniture once the room is ready. Wish me luck!
  • Cassandra Roberts
    hace 9 años
    We have been exploring layouts in which the TV is not the center of attention and have found it lends to better conversation etc when friends are over. I have seen wall mounts for the corner. Maybe you could move the TV to that empty corner, add an interesting thrifty table underneath, maybe a corner table, then move either the two chairs and accent table or the oversized chair to that wall space? If you moved the little seating group, I think that would be a great spot for a low bookshelf or something
  • Cassandra Roberts
    hace 9 años
    Oh if you move the seating group to where the TV is now, I think moving the big chair to the corner of the rug facing the center of the room would work well.
  • User
    Autor original
    hace 9 años
    The room is painted and crown molding had been installed. I am in process of getting double curtain rod and putting up curtains. But the layout of the room is the hardest for me to get just right. Please help.
  • Jennifer Abbott
    hace 9 años

Please post more pictures if the room from all different angles. Try turning on the lights so we can get a better view.

• User
    Autor original
    hace 9 años
    I'm not sure why but it's most likely my phone, the pictures don't come out bright.
  • User
    Autor original
    hace 9 años
    We are sprucing up the staircase with new railing, new spindles, and treads will be black. Curtains will be up soon.
  • PRO
    Sunrise Home
    hace 9 años

We would love to help, please come visit our store in the Bay Area.

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.