Houzz Logo Print
cowboyy

May I ask what you used to seal the wood top of the island with? I like the low sheen finish it is beautiful.

cowboyy
hace 11 años
Kitchen Backsplash · Más información

Comentarios (11)

• PRO
    Buckminster Green LLC
    hace 11 años
    It has been sealed with a mixture of wax and mineral oil from the Real Milk Paint Company: http://www.realmilkpaint.com/soapstone-sealer-wax.html. It needs to be reapplied every month or so.
  • Rhonna Rickman
    hace 11 años
    What kind of wood is this?
  • PRO
    Buckminster Green LLC
    hace 11 años
    The countertop is made from salvaged floor joists. It is 100+ year old fir taken out of a house in Philadelphia.
  • beckymonteiro
    hace 11 años
    I like to bake a lot and I was wondering how well the wood work in comparison to a stone counter top. You know, to roll fondant, cookies, pie crust, etc. Thank you
  • PRO
    Buckminster Green LLC
    hace 11 años
    I don't think it would work well for rolling out baked goods. They would stick. Stone is naturally cool which is also preferable for baking.
  • emilyb16
    hace 11 años
    I just purchased some old growth wood (2" thick x 12" deep) and it looks pretty rough but w/ a rich warm hue where the wood has been split, I think it may be Douglas fir. I want to clean them up a bit to hang as open shelving. What was your process to achieve such beautiful looking wood, sand, stain or wax? Any advice how to treat my wood would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
  • PRO
    ESL Hardwood Floors
    hace 11 años
    Where would one purchase lumber like this?
  • PRO
    Buckminster Green LLC
    hace 11 años
    You can purchase wood from an architectural salvage place or look on craigslist for people getting rid of old wood.
  • Monica Lacombe
    hace 9 años
    So glad I found this thread! We are using reclaimed barn cypress we pulled out of two old barns. Before we dismantled the wood, they were cow feeding toffs of all things!
    One thing I did NOT want was the thick coat of shiny lacquer reminiscent of the 70's. I will definitely check into the products suggested. THANK!
  • Monica Lacombe
    hace 9 años
    Julia, would you know how often the product should be reapplied? Maintenance?
Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.