Houzz Logo Print
74frank

Metal spiral staircase in living room is steep and wobbly.

74frank
hace 11 años
I do not have a photo. Staircase in the home we are thinking of buying is the only way to the second floor. Can it be replaced with a traditional type with a landing at the turn? Don't want to get an architect involved.

Comentarios (6)

• charliemycat
    hace 11 años
    Última modificación: hace 11 años
    I advise you to educate yourself on the building codes for stairs in your area first, and then call a few contractors. Not all of them do stairs so your first question should be, "Do you do stairs?"
  • PRO
    Tracy Anthony General Contractor
    hace 11 años
    We are installing a spiral staircase in a home in Berkeley. Code requires 5' minimum diameter. A 5' winder is relatively comfortable to use. Keep in mind that a starndard staircase with 7" risers requires ~ 15' of horizontal space in the house.
  • TanCalGal
    hace 11 años
    I would not buy this house. Usually the reason spiral stairs are used is because there is not enough room for traditional stairs.
  • PRO
    Sage Lane Realty
    hace 11 años
    While the purchase is entirely your decision, an expert real estate agent will have knowledge of architecture in the neighborhood and other professionals to consult with for opinions and bids. Let me know if you are not working with someone and would like me to refer you to an excellent REALTOR® who will represent your best interest. lbrown@marthaturner.com
  • PRO
    Tracy Anthony General Contractor
    hace 11 años
    The home we are installing the spiral in has GG Bridge views. The Owner picked it up for half of what it will be worth when remodeled. I would not let a spiral staircase sway me against a purchase if you love the rest of the amenities.
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.