Houzz Logo Print
designermark

Thrift store footstool gone wild !

Mark
hace 9 años
Here is my recent project for under $25.00 . I found this lovely footstool at a thrift store for $15.00 and the faux leopard coat for $7.00. I took apart an old throw cushion and took the filling out of it and "puffed" up the top of the footstool a bit more. I had a small can of black paint from another project and painted the frame and reupholstered it with the faux leopard. I love how it turned out and it looks lovely in our Master suite. I love repurposing furniture, it's so fun and rewarding !

Comentarios (48)

• Mark
    Autor original
    hace 9 años
    Thanks SoCal Contractor !
  • zazfuzzroc
    hace 9 años
    Great work! Very professional looking job. I would love one, but definitely know it wouldn't turn out that well. Enjoy, looks great. :)
  • Mark
    Autor original
    hace 9 años
    Thanks zazfuzzroc ! You find one and I'll help you :)
  • zazfuzzroc
    hace 9 años
    LOL Mark, you may regret saying that. I'll definitely come for suggestions from you if I do, thanks for the offer, so nice. You've definitely got taste and talent! :)
    Mark agradeció a zazfuzzroc
  • PRO
    Stamps Design Services
    hace 9 años
    Good job!
    Mark agradeció a Stamps Design Services
  • PRO
    FK Interior Design
    hace 9 años
    Great job! Cute footstool.
    Mark agradeció a FK Interior Design
  • zaza
    hace 9 años
    very nice. Good job
    Mark agradeció a zaza
  • Mark
    Autor original
    hace 9 años
    Cool ! My little thrift store foot stool project was featured on Houzz on twitter. https://twitter.com/houzz/status/552668551262502913
  • PRO
    Charmean Neithart Interiors
    hace 9 años
    Wow Mark, that is awesome.
    Mark agradeció a Charmean Neithart Interiors
  • Mark
    Autor original
    hace 9 años
    Thanks Charmean you made my day :)
  • Jill Carman
    hace 9 años
    looks gorgeous. Can you tell us how you did it? What color paint is it? Did you spray paint it or use brush? I have one in my basement I picked up at a garage sale and never did anything with it yet.
    Mark agradeció a Jill Carman
  • Mark
    Autor original
    hace 9 años
    Hi Jill. I did not spray the frame. I used "Dark Secret " by CIL (from another project I had done ) and used a brush. The picture shows a really black color but it's not quite that dark. I didn't want it a true black.
    The paint is eggshell low lustre enamel ( see picture below for the true color ) I gave it about 3 coats of paint. Let it cure for a couple of weeks because I didn't want the paint to scratch off when I was upholstering it. Then I took apart an old faux leopard coat that I purchased from the thrift store and added some more batting to the top of the stool and added the fabric. I have been looking for a leopard print stool for a while and could not find one that I liked so I decided to make my own. Thanks for the nice feedback, I appreciate it. The style is certainly not everyone's taste that's for sure but it's mine and I really do like the way it turned out.
  • Jill Carman
    hace 9 años
    thanks so much. So you ad more batting then you Staple the fabric on?
    Mark agradeció a Jill Carman
  • Mark
    Autor original
    hace 9 años
    Yes I stapled the fabric on. I have been known to use the hotgun to put fabric on as well :) Use a staple gun though if you are not experienced because you can remove the staples if you make a mistake.
  • PRO
    Crown Construction Contracting
    hace 9 años
    Super cute!
    Mark agradeció a Crown Construction Contracting
  • PRO
    Studio NOO Design
    hace 9 años
    Nice work !
    Mark agradeció a Studio NOO Design
  • Christi Weinmann
    hace 9 años
    I like the old one better.
    Mark agradeció a Christi Weinmann
  • PRO
    Spiral Stairs of America
    hace 9 años
    I have a window seat I bought at a garage sale for $10 years ago that I would love to do something similar to. I have been afraid to try anything with it. Its a white bench with light color velvet fabric that is ripped and dirty looking. This thread is inspiring me to try fixing it up. That really looks amazing!
    Mark agradeció a Spiral Stairs of America
  • PRO
    Spiral Stairs of America
    hace 9 años
    Mark- I love that you used an old thrift store coat. I will be on the lookout for a purple velvet coat for my bench! :)
    Mark agradeció a Spiral Stairs of America
  • Mark
    Autor original
    hace 9 años
    Thanks Spiral Stairs of America/Innovative Metalcraft ! So happy that I have inspired you to work on your bench. The great thing about thrift stores is that things are really quite inexpensive. Don't be afraid, keep your eye out for just the right fabric and that will get you started. Let me know if you find anything and any progress you make.
  • PRO
    LB Interiors
    hace 9 años
    Very very nice Mark! As ALL your work. Talent and creativity abound. You sure know how to make any room or any thing, classy and timeless. Great! I love it too!!!
    Mark agradeció a LB Interiors
  • Mark
    Autor original
    hace 9 años
    Thanks LB ! I don't know if I will get my head through the door with such praise :) I do really appreciate your words more than you know. You are a kind and sincere person and someone that I am really happy to have met on Houzz.
  • PRO
    LB Interiors
    hace 9 años
    Última modificación: hace 9 años
    Thanks Mark, back at you! Very nice meeting you too!!!
    Mark agradeció a LB Interiors
  • bungalowmo
    hace 9 años
    Totally cute!!! I do love antique footstools...adorbs!! :0)
    Mark agradeció a bungalowmo
  • PRO
    Perfectly Placed for You
    hace 9 años
    What a fun piece to have. I can see this getting lots of use in a closet or as a foot rest. Love it.
    Mark agradeció a Perfectly Placed for You
  • happyleg
    hace 9 años
    Love it! Great vision.
    Mark agradeció a happyleg
  • Alice Costa-Sievert
    hace 9 años
    Very clever, love it!
    Mark agradeció a Alice Costa-Sievert
  • Darzy
    hace 9 años
    Ditto all the praise! Great vision! Every room should have a touch of leopard. :) Love it.
    Mark agradeció a Darzy
  • Mark
    Autor original
    hace 9 años
    Thanks so much everyone for taking the time to let me know what you think. I really do appreciate it.
  • myperfectadvice
    hace 9 años
    nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Mark agradeció a myperfectadvice
  • n247080
    hace 9 años
    I like the added height you gave it. Nice work!
    Mark agradeció a n247080
  • Kelly w
    hace 9 años
    Adorable ,thrifting is so fun when the project turns out so well
    Mark agradeció a Kelly w
  • stlouisgaltoo
    hace 9 años
    Very nice! I need to do that to my thrift store stool, also! Thanks for the inspiration!
    Mark agradeció a stlouisgaltoo
  • Mark
    Autor original
    hace 9 años
    My pleasure stlouisgaltoo ! Please share some photos when you get your foot stool done.
  • PRO
    DaVill Blinds
    hace 9 años
    How cute!
    Mark agradeció a DaVill Blinds
  • abbyjean
    hace 9 años
    What a score and what a vision. Enjoy!
    Mark agradeció a abbyjean
  • Mark
    Autor original
    hace 9 años
    Thanks abbyjean and DaVill Blinds ! I appreciate your kind words so much.
  • User
    hace 9 años
    Hi Mark *waving*... I love your leopard stool!! Everyroom needs a bit of animal print;)
    Mark agradeció a User
  • PRO
    ACT ONE DESIGNS
    hace 9 años
    I love re-purposing furniture too and LOVE leopard prints! Nice work, Mark!
    Mark agradeció a ACT ONE DESIGNS
  • Mark
    Autor original
    hace 9 años
    Thanks ACT ONE DESIGNS ! It is fun. So glad you like it .
  • Mark
    Autor original
    hace 9 años
    Hey Margo ! Miss you. Glad you like it. It was fun to do. I think animal prints look great in a room too !
  • Nora Lambert
    hace 9 años
    How stinking cute is that? I would have it in my home in a heartbeat!
    Mark agradeció a Nora Lambert
  • zazfuzzroc
    hace 9 años
    Última modificación: hace 9 años
    Hi Mark, just in case you didn't know.....your foot stool is also on houzz facebook.... you have to scroll. :) But it's there. Cool! :)
    https://www.facebook.com/houzz
    Even if your're not on facebook, you can see. I'm not....I saw it. Just wanted to let you know. :)
  • zazfuzzroc
    hace 9 años
    Look Mark. :)
  • Mark
    Autor original
    hace 9 años
    Thanks zaz ! I did see that too. I was surprised when I noticed it. Pretty cool for sure. Thanks for taking the time to let me know you saw it too zaz, I appreciate it.
  • myperfectadvice
    hace 9 años
    Awesome MARK.
    U made world news! ;)
    Mark agradeció a myperfectadvice
  • zazfuzzroc
    hace 9 años
    Mark, you're very welcome. :)
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.