Houzz Logo Print
robsar

Bannister help

robsar
hace 9 años
Do i replace with wood or wrought iron, suggestions please. Consider putting hard wood on stairs with a runner.

Comentarios (6)

• PRO
    flair lighting
    hace 9 años
    what makes you want iron? would just do all white, or replace it all and do spindles white and banister black.
  • tinablount
    hace 9 años
    Wood, wood, wood! Just do wood!
  • robsar
    Autor original
    hace 9 años
    What type of wood banister do you recommendthat would be different from what I already have
  • PRO
    7j Design, Ottawa
    hace 9 años
    I would do the banister with straight square wrought iron and the handrail in dark wood. What you have now looks too chunky for the space.
  • ceelomoon
    hace 9 años
    My grandmother has rod iron and with a house that hasn't changed for 40 years it works but her style house is sooooo elegant, I can't imagine it working there. I think the banister needs a lighter color to go with your wall color. Maybe if you do wood you could make it matching. Or, if the dark color was painted white that could really work too. (do you dislike the white?) I think it goes. It's the dark banister that's off to me.
    The carpet can be hard to clean but if you plan to have small children, it's pretty awesome to be a little baby going up and down carpet. I mean, (capital!) I THINK it would be super cool to be a baby on a carpeted stairway. (we had wood, my gran had carpet.) then when you're 3-7 sliding on a sleeping bag!!=HEAVEN!!! LOL
    Seriously though, another side note, eye hooks hanging from the under side of the banister---> SUPER COOL for CHristmas Ornaments (if you celebrate). Adds such a pretty look!
    good luck!
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.