Houzz Logo Print
sally_edwards4468082

We're moving into a new house with a mirrored dining room wall.

Sally Edwards
hace 9 años
How do I make the dining room look less dated. (This is the seller's picture.)

Comentarios (10)

• lolo21444
    hace 9 años
    I think that two minor changes - switching out the drapery and the lighting fixture - would definitely reduce the "dated" vibe. I love that mirror though - I think you could play it up with glass elsewhere in the room, like the lighting or the table.
    Sally Edwards agradeció a lolo21444
  • PRO
    Mission West Kitchen and Bath
    hace 9 años
    I agree with lolo21444 you could change the window treatment and lighting. Then you can also add backless shelving on the two panels or put a brown/black frame around the mirror. Here are some lighting fixtures that would help give your living room that updated look. If want more options for lighting, we can help you with that. Call us at 626-799-3503 or visit our website http://missionwest.biz/ .
    Sally Edwards agradeció a Mission West Kitchen and Bath
  • apple_pie_order
    hace 9 años
    This could be a beautiful contemporary or transitional room. After removing the curtains, shop around for a new light fixture that you love. Then look for window treatments that coordinate with your dining room set. You can reupholster seats easily.

No need to rush, there are many options. The mirrors can be framed or left as they are. If you are curious, ask a local glass shop to give you a ballpark estimate for installing this type of mirror with its measurements.
    Sally Edwards agradeció a apple_pie_order
  • Sally Edwards
    Autor original
    hace 9 años
    Great ideas. This is my new favorite site. Thank you! BTW, definitely removing the valance and drapes and light fixture. Hardwood floors a must.
  • PRO
    karen paul interiors
    hace 9 años
    Última modificación: hace 9 años
    Well, this is going to sound totally crazy but hey. I would love for you to center the width end of your table on the center mirror panel and place chairs two to a side. Then that leaves you that last (or first) panel to put in maybe a buffet. You can also hang a piece of art on top of the mirror over the buffet. If the art isn't heavy there are all sorts of stickums for that purpose. Carpet out for certain along with the window treatments. Thoughts?
  • Sally Edwards
    Autor original
    hace 9 años
    Against the center mirror panel?
  • Sally Edwards
    Autor original
    hace 9 años
    Última modificación: hace 9 años
    Oh I understand now. That is an interesting idea. However, this is a wide angle photo. The living room is 11 x 9 which is why they are using mirrors.
  • PRO
    BILL BRIGHT LIGHTING DESIGN
    hace 9 años
    If the window is floor to ceiling glass or a sliding glass door consider a motorized shade in sheer or black. Dinner becomes an intimate affair and much more personal (family).
    Sally Edwards agradeció a BILL BRIGHT LIGHTING DESIGN
  • marilynellis
    hace 9 años
    Take out the dated mirrors!
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.