Houzz Logo Print
hatlady2

Living with small bedrooms and tiny closets!

hace 12 años
How do I gain the storage space I need in bedrooms that are only about 10X12 feet?

Comentarios (4)

• hace 12 años
    Although my bedroom is bigger than this, I've found some extra space by using a platform bed with large drawers in the platform, and a closet with multilayered organizers to grab every inch of space. Good luck!
  • PRO
    hace 12 años
    I would probably maximize on closet organizers where ever you can. Also beds with storage beneath them. Floating shelves would also be a good idea, or some sort of a shelving unit on either side of you bed, with cabinet doors? You can do most of these with a tight budget. Good luck!
  • PRO
    hace 12 años
    First, I recommend seriously cull your belongings so you are not storing something you do not use. I do not know your decor but a highboy offers a lot of vertical storage and you can put a lovely basket or two under the legs. If the highboy is not your style look for tall pieces and keep the out of season or least used items in the top drawers. Use chests on either side of the bed as nightstands. Make certain every surface has storage under it, whether drawers or a removable top as in a footstool. Use every inch of your closet up to the ceiling and install valet rods and hangers which hold more than one garment vertically. Add storage to the back of your closet and bath doors...even you bedroom door...just make them attractive. Under the bed storage on castors. Store extra linens between the mattress and the box spring...this can also keep them pressed. There is even a bed in which the mattress springs up at the foot to reveal storage. Use pocket doors if you can; if not consider sold French doors so you don;t lose all the space behind a door when it is opened. Make your decorative items functional, for example a pretty covered dish filled with hair accessories, a basket with a drawstring liner for toiletries, shower curtain with pockets, even pockets on draperies gathered with elastic at the top of each pocket could yield an interesting look. Think outside the box; make it a game, a challenge. You will amaze yourself!
  • PRO
    hace 12 años
    Try to use as much vertical space as possible. I've attached a picture where good storage was created with floor to ceiling cabinetry. This can also be done for less money with open shelves. The platform bed with storage is a good idea as suggested above and also de-clutter and keep only what you need. Hope this helps.
    Charmean Neithart
    Landrum SC residence · Más información
Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.