Houzz Logo Print
discodeniz

Ideas for small dining area

De Niz
hace 9 años
Our dining room is rather small - that main wall there is approx 2.4m wide (no wall paper anymore, it is just plain white).

On the right side there is the living room but we have a baby gate right across and it opens from the centre of the gate.

On the left side is a glass sliding door to the backyard. And the photo was taken from the kitchen. So as you can see there needs to be space for traffic flow.

Our family is growing as we are expecting baby number 4. The table we have there now suffices but I think we may need more dining space. I am trying to think of different layouts/tables that allow more space.

We also have family that visit often but i realise it wouldn't be possible to accommodate everyone at the dining table at the same time.

Any ideas are appreciated! Thanks

Comentarios (9)

• beachlily
    hace 9 años
    http://houzz.com/photos/56671

Sort of like this...OR,

I have a friend who put a wooden picnic table in her kitchen ( painted Annie Sloan Duck Egg). It seated 6-8 and looked great! Might be an option....
    De Niz agradeció a beachlily
  • beachlily
    hace 9 años
    http://houzz.com/photos/1893665

Other pix on houzz photos!!
    De Niz agradeció a beachlily
  • bgfuqua
    hace 9 años
    if you select chairs with fairly straight legs, more will fit around the new table.
    De Niz agradeció a bgfuqua
  • Maureen
    hace 9 años
    Última modificación: hace 9 años
    We have a very small kitchen and had purchased a drop leaf table similar to the one below. The leaf slides back under the main table when not needed. Store your extra chairs elsewhere and bring out for guests. You could probably keep your present chairs and look for similar chairs to match. I would remove your carpet, as it makes the room look smaller and doesn't compliment the wallpaper. [houzz=
    Buena Vista Residence · Más información
    ]
    De Niz agradeció a Maureen
  • Natalie
    hace 9 años
    Hi---I recommend a banquette for that space. A mirror and larger light fixture will add dimension and interest. You could also wallpaper that wall... Good Luck!
    [houzz=
    Contemporary Dining Room · Más información
    ][houzz=
    Amy Butler Wallpaper, Passion Lily · Más información
    ]
    De Niz agradeció a Natalie
  • PRO
    Country Gear Ltd.
    hace 9 años
    banquette a good idea.....along with a Country Gear Ltd. Folding Console Table picture attached...we build to size and finish..a trestle base table works best for banquette seating...allowing easy slide in and out. Table top folds over like a book when not in use.
    hope this helps
    De Niz agradeció a Country Gear Ltd.
  • PRO
    City Living Banquettes & Booths
    hace 9 años
    If you are interested in getting a banquette, we would be more than happy to help you. You can get a banquette or booth made by CityLiving Banquettes & Booths in Chicago. We ship nationwide and will build whatever size and style you want. Visit our website at www.citylivingdesign.com or call 312-335-0711.
    De Niz agradeció a City Living Banquettes & Booths
  • De Niz
    Autor original
    hace 9 años
    Thanks guys for the suggestions. I think a rectangular table with bench seating would work fantastically! Large mirror would also be wonderful if I could manage to keep my kitchen clean, otherwise it will just 'double' the dirty dishes haha. I'm in Australia but thanks for the offers.
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.