Houzz Logo Print
prdanib

Which mirror should I use?

prdanib
hace 12 años
Of course they're not hung up yet. It's for my master bath - windmill pattern floor, palladian blue walls, subway tile and chrome fixtures.

Comentarios (45)

• PRO
    Charmean Neithart Interiors
    hace 12 años
    Definitely the first one. Nice looking bathroom, I like the shadows from the pendants. Good luck with your project. Charmean
  • PRO
    hace 12 años
    You're very welcome. On pendants, whatever is comfortable for your height. Mirror is great! Let me know if you need further information.
    You can follow me here...
    http://www.houzz.com/pro/cninteriors/__public
  • Manon Floreat
    hace 12 años
    Yes - I like the first one best as well. Tip on side lighting: it's great for make-up application and shaving so get it face level.
  • prdanib
    Autor original
    hace 12 años
    I'd like to put a wall mount vanity mirror on the wall to the right. Any suggestions?
  • PRO
    hace 12 años
    Do you mean a magnifying mirror? If yes, with or without light?
  • Manon Floreat
    hace 12 años
    Are you talking about one of those magnifying mirrors - like the one below?

If so, I think you can make it work without interrupting the symmety. A lot of men like them in the shower for shaving. But they're good for general facial grooming as well.

A glass shelf underneath would make it seem less forlorn.

There are counter top versions as well.
  • prdanib
    Autor original
    hace 12 años
    Didn't think about a light. But similar to the one pictured above. I have a lot of chrome fixtures, so not sure what finish I should get.
  • C Thoman
    hace 12 años
    Love the first mirror. I am getting ready to do pendant lighting for my bath too. Any suggestions about placement of the fixtures? Both height and projection from the wall. Any helpful hints are appreciated!
  • sarmento6
    hace 12 años
    I like the first mirror, I like the chunky frame.
  • bvincent
    hace 12 años
    Great job with bathroom.
    What's the paint color/ who makes it?
  • PRO
    Barnhart Gallery
    hace 12 años
    Joining the bandwagon for the first mirror in black.
  • PRO
    Sarah Bernardy Design, LLC
    hace 12 años
    Definately the first mirror. Nice bath!
  • prdanib
    Autor original
    hace 12 años
    Thank you everyone for your input. We're hanging the framed mirror tonight. The paint is Benjamin Moore's Palladian Blue- the photo doesn't do it justice. I'm going to move the pendants up a little higher. Everything I read says pendants should hang at eye level, but I think they're a little too low. They're 9" away from the wall - the electrician wanted to put them at 4 or 5", but I thought it was too close to the wall. I don't know if it would look different if they weren't crystal. The camera accentuated the shadows - they're not that intense, regardless, I think there will be less shadows once the pendants are moved up a bit. I'm loving Houzz!
  • PRO
    JAN MOYER
    hace 12 años
    Oh oh... I am late! I would have moved the two outlets to the right side wall of the vanity, (and actually you only need one!) Then, I'd get a simply framed mirror that would be ALMOST as wide as the vanity, and as tall as you can go! Hanging it so it came down about halfway over those outlets...that would be no longer be there. Your pendant lights would reflect in the mirror, which might have a sivery frame...... and your space would appear larger and smoother. Shoot me, but you'd love the look!
  • Joy C.
    hace 12 años
    Yes framed mirror. I would have liked seeing the other bigger mirror framed just out of curiosity. I also agree on moving pendents up a bit. Great bathroom space!
  • cvillegardner
    hace 12 años
    Definitely the first one. Nice bath!
  • u045
    hace 12 años
    Hi
    I prefer the first mirror. Your floor tiles are beautiful.
    Ruth
  • PRO
    Carol Welsh
    hace 12 años
    Absolutely, I am with everyone else....the first mirror.
  • thickskin
    hace 12 años
    i agree with Jan Moyer. the pendant lights and the first mirror are fighting each other.
  • lasagnahouse
    hace 12 años
    Última modificación: hace 12 años
    Am I too late? "Quatrafoil" for sure! Looks beautiful, agrees with the lines the lamps, etc... With out a doubt!!!
  • glorfred
    hace 12 años
    I prefer the simple frameless mirror. I agree that your pendant lighting should be "the star". I am working with a designer to remodel my small powder room as we speak, and I've learned a few things. My design is "Glam" (I'll post pictures when it's done), and I can see that the impact is better limited to just one or two elements...in your case, the lights. With that said, I like mirror #2' hung vertically between the pendants.
  • PRO
    JAN MOYER
    hace 12 años
    okay...last and I am done. The electrician was right and those pendants could have moved to the left and right just a bit.... ask him re those outlets as well because those should be gfi's and hard to tell if they are. You only need one on the right hand wall, because it's a single sink, two people will not use it at the same time, and their existing location takes away from your mirror, which should be clean, large, simple. Do it once, do it right. I'm not getting paid...so I will stop! lol. Design is EDITING. Think bigger, think less. Less is always more in the end. Pick your impact, be bold, and limit your "messages". The pendants are the message. Show em off. End of story.
  • prdanib
    Autor original
    hace 12 años
    Thank you so much!
  • PRO
    JAN MOYER
    hace 12 años
    hahaha if you were speaking to MOI....??? you are very welcome ! (: Have fun and enjoy your big bang result
  • PRO
    Peter S. Balsam Associates
    hace 12 años
    Go with the black framed mirror. It has the right weight for the vanity. Try to use the vanity mirror on the side wall so it doesn't take up counter space . Have the electrician raise the pendants a bit & install the outlet on the right wall for the vanity mirror. Make sure the finish on the mirror matches any other metal finishes you used in the room. Looks great so far.
  • nsavoline
    hace 12 años
    Definitely the first one. The second one does nothing for the space and looks very bland. The first one looks fantastic and really anchors the vanity.
  • PRO
    Peter S. Balsam Associates
    hace 12 años
    Oh and try to eliminate
    the outlets on the mirror wall & relocate a GFI on the side wall as well.
  • PRO
    JAN MOYER
    hace 12 años
    Use the "Studio Mirror" from Pottery Barn as a guide. It may be great just as is (30x 42).... or go bigger if you can!, and I think you probably can go 36x48 assuming a normal ceiling height. A local framing shop can customize the size for you and virtually replicate. Now I am really really going to sign off. Good luck to you, I think you get the idea!
  • dkward
    hace 12 años
    I have a wall mounted vanity mirror - normal on one side and magnified on the other. I got the idea from a nice hotel chain we stay with. Put it at your face level, but the angle does swivel for others of similar height. VERY easy to put on make up, touch up eye brows, etc, One of the best choices I made with our remodel (and not expensive). BTW I like the first mirror - good choice, and love your shower!
  • chikachika
    hace 12 años
    Love the look with the black mirror!!!! Those lights are just great, where did you get them? Are you going to add another color with the towels?
  • kfergie77
    hace 12 años
    prdanib, I hope you don't mind me asking but where did you get that fantastic black framed mirror? I Love the shape of it!
  • kddraw
    hace 12 años
    The first one shows contrasting color with the black in it!
  • prdanib
    Autor original
    hace 12 años
    The mirror & the pendant lighting are from Lowe's. So happy I put up the wall mounted mirror. I also got the idea from a hotel! the bathroom isn't quite finished but I have already used that mirror!
  • Rebecca
    hace 12 años
    I love the first mirror as well, it makes the bathroom look finished. It matches the vanity cabient, balances that space out for me. I would put scouce lighting up on each side of mirror.
  • Rebecca
    hace 12 años
    Oh you have it up! haha sorry..did no see i. It looks Super nice!
  • ebonydoll
    hace 12 años
    Great choice! Its beautiful.
  • prdanib
    Autor original
    hace 12 años
    If you search prdanib, I attached images of the almost finished bath. Any ideas you have for accessorizing would be helpful. Thinking of putting another shelf under the existing one by the pony wall. Any other ideas????
  • prdanib
    Autor original
    hace 12 años
    think you search for my name and then hit photos.
  • Kim Brandon
    hace 12 años
    I vote for the first one (the one with the black frame).
  • 7wesley
    hace 12 años
    Clean and simple is the way to go in a bathroom. The black frame is too complicated and heavy.
  • flindo
    hace 12 años
    oooh the first one! like the shape of the second one tho, but def first one
  • PRO
    Imagine That
    hace 12 años
    I would suggest keeping the quatrafoil mirror and putting it somewhere else in the house. If this is a master bath then I assume there is a husband that will be trying to look into the mirror at the same time you are there. It would not be near big enough for that. I would do a much bigger and lighter mirror if for no other reason than that.
  • User
    hace 12 años
    Of these two mirrors, I'd definitely choose the first one. It lends more presence because of the frame shape/color. It plays nicely with the pendant light fixtures as well :-)
  • PRO
    Studio 74 Interiors
    hace 11 años
    I would use the first one, but the only problem I see is the proportion difference between the sink/cabinet and the mirror. I would solve it by double layering your mirrors (put the one shown on top of another one). You will need a hole in the proper location to actually attach the top one to the wall. I would also raise it up so it's not 'sitting' on top of the sink and you could go rectangular but I would suggest a small tile border if you opt for rectangular. If you go circular, I would get a framed round mirror with a small frame so it doesn't overpower the border on the existing one. Hope this helps. (I'm a licensed designer).
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.