Houzz Logo Print
confetti77

Cannot find a Sherwin Williams gray that looks gray.

confetti77
hace 9 años
I am trying to paint my home a light gray and have a lot of natural blue light in my home. Every paint sample I get has a strong undertone. I've tried the following colors:
Amazing Gray (looks like puddy)
Alpaca (periwinkle)
Useful Gray (green)
Light French gray (light blue)

I have a limited budget and can't keep buying samples. Please help!!!

Comentarios (252)

• candlefly
    hace 8 años

Master bath reno 2015 · Más información

This is SW Mindful Grey. As you can see, I had to work with oak. The bright white ceiling made the walls really POP! Good luck, picking the color is truly the hard part.

• Judith Strauss
    hace 8 años
    She rain Williams

Perfect Greige
  • Judith Strauss
    hace 8 años
    Arldley grey is great!! SW
    hace 8 años

BIG CHILL! MY FAVORITE!

• Jennifer Street
    hace 8 años
    Última modificación: hace 8 años

I know this is an old post, but Passive by Sherwin Williams is just gray. A really pretty gray.

• lsemartha
    hace 7 años
    There is no more difficult a color to 'get right' than grey ( except yellow!). I would suggest that you go to Home Depot and look at the Ralph Lauren greys. They are a real 'organic' grey.... No pink or blue undertones. Then take the color sample to your favorite paint company and have duplicated if you wish. Good luck!
  • Ford Santa Maria
    hace 7 años

Crushed Ice is a perfect gray.

• eaw 513
    hace 7 años
    Sherwin Williams Agreeable Gray, gorgeous color!
  • jojokg
    hace 7 años
    Owl gray by bare or fog hat by miller u can get at Home Depot
  • cruisin Webb
    hace 7 años

I like Glidden Fossil Gray - it is a putty looking Gr-eige... and picks up gray or beige

• PRO
    Interior Directions by Susan Prestia, Allied ASID
    hace 7 años
    Última modificación: hace 7 años

Proper Gray,Sherwin-William, Every Color looks different in different lighting. Current wall color influences the color. Make sure you have the right primer.

Working with Interior Designers saves money.

• joviboys
    hace 7 años

I'm in the process of trying most of the paints above....going crazy!

• Judith Strauss
    hace 7 años

I have found the perfect color for me. I painted my bedroom and bathroom SW Perfect GreigeHGSW2475. I also liked Adley Grey 2476. I painted an accent wall Garret Gray SW6075. Will color match at Home Depot and I think the samples are free.

• PRO
    Southern Yellow Pine Direct
    hace 7 años

These work well

• PRO
  • vaitekunas1
    hace 7 años

Knitting kneedles SW

• D L
    hace 7 años
    Última modificación: hace 7 años

We just painted oyr dining room in SW Popular Gray. Love it. Warm but not too yellow or green. Looks wonderful with dark wood.

• PRO
    coleyyxo
    hace 7 años
  • denagerb
    hace 7 años
    We painted our whole house "agreeable grey" I LOVED it. Was warm but did not look blue or green. Looks a bit brown when painted beside white but once the whole house was done it was perfect!
  • Kathy
    hace 6 años

Grey is very tough looks different in every house depending on lighting furniture etc .. I used SW Light French Grey . I love it perfect .. when it was first going on it looked a bit blue I was nervous but once it dried and everything went back in the room it was perfect!

• User
    hace 6 años

Another vote for bm nimbus (NOT nimbus gray)

no undertones at all

• divapaula
    hace 6 años

After expensive (sadly) tries I came upon Lazy Gray. My house has lots of light so it reads true gray. Good luck...I did the white sheet trick and colored five drawers on an old dresser in the garage ...with all the grays on the drawers next to each other and a white sheet hanging over, Lazy Gray won. Hope the pics help...we are in the middle of a new build.

• PRO
  • Lisa Bankins
    hace 6 años

I was exactly in the same situation. I have purchased so many samples from SW. All I want is a true grey color. First, what helped me was buying the SW color fan. Then you can ascertain what is a true grey as opposed to a greenish grey or brown grey. My recommendation is SW Essential Gray for a true gray color.

• PRO
  • Molly
    hace 6 años

I love Mindful Gray for a true gray color. I use Mindful Gray here for an example. I compared it with Repose Gray and Passive:

https://desiderataandmirth.blogspot.com/2018/02/giving-our-dark-hallway-face-lift.html

• Mark Earhart
    hace 5 años

We are in the process of building a new house and were between Evening Shadow (reads slightly in blueish zone) and Argos (more of a greenish/brownish grey). We went with Evening Shadow and our accent color was Daphne.

• flshelley
    hace 5 años
    Sherwin Williams “On the Rocks” is a straight light gray. I used “Reflection” and looked nice but looked like baby blue in some lights. On the Rocks is what I used before that was perfect.
  • ahess
    hace 5 años

You need to paint areas with different light with paint/primer first then try all the colors you already tried once again on the white areas. You will be shocked how your paint samples that showed too blue or green will change. So you may find something that works with what you already have. The color on your wall are making the undertones in the samples come through.

• Denise Johnson
    hace 5 años
    Try big chill! It’s in the offwhite collection but it is not an off white by any means. Probably the closest thing to a true gray. I painted it in my daughters room and it is the perfect gray. It doesn’t go blue or green or purple.
  • debpacitti
    hace 5 años

Repose gray is very

• sbp59
    hace 5 años
    Grayish and Sea Salt are beautiful combinations for rooms and flow
  • csacker
    hace 4 años

It's amazing how different the actual paint on the wall looks compared to the chip. I'm up to sample #6 and just about to lose my mind. I LOVE Useful Gray by SW, but in my open LR/kitchen with northern & southern exposures, it looks different on each wall. My fear is that it's going to look too juvenile - I really love the watery gray, green, blue tones, but the grown up versions! Any advice will be welcomed!

• kel_kat5
    hace 4 años

What did you decide? Pictures? I am debating Light French Grey, but with increased pigment. I find it very light.

• Kelly White
    hace 4 años

Light French grey is great. I used in kids rooms. Not to light looks wonderful and a true grey.

• gene nagel
    hace 4 años

I had good luck with Sherwin-Williams Anew Gray.

• kel_kat5
    hace 4 años

We just had a nightmare with choosing grey. Chose Light French Grey and the first batch was darker and more blue than sample pot. Rep came to see and store adjusted. We have since lightened it again and fingers crossed. Grey is soooo tricky.

• kel_kat5
    hace 4 años

We used SW Snowbound on the trim.

• kel_kat5
    hace 4 años

Accent wall looks great.

• kel_kat5
    hace 4 años

I made these. This is our kitchen- natural light.

• kel_kat5
    hace 4 años

Another

• kel_kat5
    hace 4 años

Love

• csacker
    hace 4 años

kel-kat -- I ended up going with SW Useful Gray. Boring name, but nice soft gray that is very soothing to the eye with no strong undertones.

• Nancy Armstrong Sloop
    hace 4 años

We used SW Big Chill in our living room, foyer, and hallway, and SW Monorail Silver in all 3 bedrooms. Big Chill is a nice light gray without undertones at all, so it goes well with all colors of decor. Monorail Silver has bluish-purple undertones, which is very soothing in bedrooms. We've received compliments on these colors. Oh, also our MBT is SW Watery, which I absolutely love.

• kel_kat5
    hace 4 años

@divapaula Is it a greige?

• Beverly B
    hace 4 años

We used sw repose gray in our home. It’s a light grey and it’s beautiful

• jbtanyderi
    hace 4 años

FARROW AND BALL have good greys.

• flshelley
    hace 4 años

On the rocks is a nice sraight light gray

• kel_kat5
    hace 4 años

We did light French Grey, but then played around with it and lightened to suit.

• mssinanis
    hace 2 años

Did you it anyone end up painting their exterior Big Chill? Would love to see a pic. Thinking if doing our exterior in Big Chill.

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.