Houzz Logo Print
1958willemien

What kind of Electric Heating should I use underneath a wooden floor?

1958willemien
hace 9 años
I am very confused what kind of electric heating is best suitable underneath a wood floor. Foil backed is a term I have come across. Also the thickness of the Engineered wood should be 14.5 I understand rather than 20mm?

Comentarios (4)

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    hace 9 años
    The foil backing is just to keep the heat where you want it . You need to talk to a heating expert to find which type will work in your situation.
  • PRO
    Warmup Canada - Floor Heating Systems
    hace 9 años
    ... and good news, we are Radiant Heating Experts! @1958willemien, would you like to give us a call to discuss about your heating project? Mention us that you call from Houzz so that we know it is you. Call 905 990 2075. Some reading that might interest you: http://www.warmup.com/us/how-to-choose-your-product.phtml Speak to you soon.
  • PRO
    Cancork Floor Inc.
    hace 9 años
    As a cork flooring sales/technical support person, I'm not that fond of electric heating undneath my flooring. Even when sunk in 1-3 inches of cement, I'm hesitant to work with electric heating under wood flooring.

Please contact the FLOORING manufacturer to find out what they "allow" under their floors. You may find they do not allow it = voids your warranty the minute you lay the floor. Once you have the facts from the flooring manuf. you can then hunt down the type of electric heating system they allow. They may allow options X,Y, and Z BUT NOT A,B or C. The best source is the flooring manufacturer. Then you contact a Floor Heating company to find out if they can match the specifications given by the flooring company.
  • PRO
    User
    hace 9 años
    Is the flooring floating engineered or nail-down? Does the flooring manufacturer allow floor heating? What is the r-value of the flooring? R-1 or less flooring is a good match for any radiant heat source. Does the floor heat need to be buried/embedded in subfloor? If there are no restrictions, you can use a foil product right under the flooring, over an underlayment. If the flooring manufacturer requires embedded heat, you can embed the heating cables with a 3/8" layer of self-leveling underlayment and use a low-r-value pad if using engineered wood. Please keep in mind that relative humidity in the space is just as important, and some would say more important, that the fact that there is heat is under the wood. We have products that can heat the floor in either application.
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.