Houzz Logo Print
elgrine

Need help with new deck stain/paint

elgrine
hace 9 años
Just replaced old deck and now need to figure out colors for toner, stain, or paint. Should we do the railings and lattice in a color to match the siding and the deck floor a deeper reddish brown. Or, do the entire deck in one color of toner or semi-transparent stain. Should posts and railings be white to tie into wrap around porch?

Appreciate all opinions!

Comentarios (5)

• fredm51
    hace 9 años
    Última modificación: hace 9 años
    Use a stain it will soak into the wood, let you see the grain paint sits on to of the wood. Also you did not say what type of wood it is made of?
  • PRO
    PPF.
    hace 9 años
    What type of wood is the deck? Are the spindles metal?
  • Curt D'Onofrio
    hace 9 años
    As your picture shows i think the house and deck looks great. I like contrasting colors. You can stain it but a sealer is necessay every 2 years with the brand of sealer i used depending of course on the amount of sunlight hits the deck
  • Curt D'Onofrio
    hace 9 años
    Here's a sealer you might like
    Wood Waterproof Sealant · Más información
  • PRO
    Chris Bell Landscaping
    hace 9 años
    Not sure of your timber or location, but in Australia we use this product. It comes in and oil or semi-oil. I think that the hand rail/balustrade would look good in the gloss paint the same as the house.

http://www.intergrain.com.au/consumer/products/exterior/product-details/2737

Good luck with your deck.
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.