Houzz Logo Print
realiza_pernis

Laminate or Hardwood

Realiza Pernis
hace 9 años
Our new home has laminate in the family room and office, carpet in the living/ dining room combo and tiles in the kitchen, I want to change the flooring so that everything is the same should we just change the other areas to the same laminate that we have or take everything apart and change into hardwood or 12mm laminate.

Comentarios (11)

• PRO
    User
    hace 9 años
    The new porcelain-ceramic tiles that look like wood are another option, they are durable and beautiful!
  • PRO
    Cancork Floor Inc.
    hace 9 años
    A single floor is a boon for resale purposes. That being said, kitchens and bathrooms are still "allowed" to have their own flooring. This is more than acceptable to the average home buyer. You can always leave the kitchen as it is and swap out the carpet for the laminate (I'm assuming you have enough to finish the home).

If you don't like the laminate, don't like the tiles and are looking to sell very soon, I would go with solid hardwood throughout. They will bring you the highest resale value....but they are pricy.

Laminates in a kitchen are still a no-go. Please keep that in mind. We've already had one Houzzer ask what can be done after the heat from the dishwasher/fridge caused her laminate to curl and warp.
  • PRO
    Creative Visual Concepts, Kevin Strader
    hace 9 años
    We have hardwood in every room upstairs except the kitchen and baths. I don't think you have to change it all to one type but carpet, tile, laminate/hardwood might be too many floors.
  • brittenyb
    hace 9 años
    Laminate planks would be your best bet if it's in your budget. A 100% waterproof and not as hard on your feet as tile. My suggestion anyway.
  • PRO
    Cure Design Group
    hace 9 años
    They make some beautiful laminates now! Most cost effective option when doing a large space or whole home. Good Luck!
  • PRO
    FK Interior Design
    hace 9 años
    Your home would look much nicer with the same flooring through out, and there are some very nice options in laminates, however If budget allows go with solid wood.
  • auntiebuzzybee
    hace 9 años
    Hmmmm????
  • marywashington
    hace 9 años
    hardwood is timeless
  • brittenyb
    hace 9 años
    I meant vinyl planks. Sorry about that. ;)
  • PRO
    Meyer Contracting, LLC
    hace 9 años
    Hardwood
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.