Houzz Logo Print
barbies85

Bathroom update

barbies85
hace 9 años
I need help with updating our 2nd bath/guest bath. We just painted the walls Sherwin Williams Distance. I thought a peach would look nice with it but I'm not so sure. We plan on painting the vanity white for now (will upgrade to double sink later). And hubby doesn't want to change the lighting until we change the sink (maybe 6ish months). What do you think so far?

Comentarios (11)

• PRO
    Dytecture
    hace 9 años
    The wall color feels a bit dark IMO.
    barbies85 agradeció a Dytecture
  • Patricia Pelgrims
    hace 9 años
    The wall colour is not too dark IF you paint the vanity white. Towels and accessories white and blue. You can't go wrong with white and blue.
    barbies85 agradeció a Patricia Pelgrims
  • mllow
    hace 9 años
    I agree completely. Plus the vanity ages the bathroom, and white would definitely freshen the space up.
    barbies85 agradeció a mllow
  • jaxfarm
    hace 9 años
    Yes white and blue. Paint the vanity and I would even use trim molding to frame the mirror (Pinterest has a ton of how to's on it). You could accent with some artwork that is colorful but has blue tones.
  • PRO
    Design Your Kitchen and Bath
    hace 9 años
    I agree with a white vanity to lend towards a blue and white theme. Possibly throw in some light gray accents? Like a Carrara White granite top or on a smaller, inexpensive scale--light grays towels or brushed pewter framed artwork perhaps.
    barbies85 agradeció a Design Your Kitchen and Bath
  • PRO
    Sisu Painting Inc.
    hace 9 años
    Instead of white, why don't you look at Nacre 6154 for the vanity, which is a very light color. To bring in some white, paint the ceilings in Benjamin Moore's Super White.
    barbies85 agradeció a Sisu Painting Inc.
  • editorsinclair
    hace 9 años
    The blue and white is great with the white/light gray vanity. Add a light that adds sparkle and some complementary artwork. THe mirror could be framed in white/light grey. Or, if you want to spend some $, tile the wall in a small light coloured mosaic.
    barbies85 agradeció a editorsinclair
  • nmnina
    hace 9 años
    I like the wall color. I think you're right on. Take a risk with color, even a dark color in the bathroom. It will look great with the cabinet painted white and a white shower curtain. Add some large glass knobs to the cabinet doors.

Nice paint color. You can always change it.
  • Nancy Walton
    hace 9 años
    Peach accessories will be fine, as orange and blue are complementary colors. I would rethink the shower curtain, however. Maybe a print or stripe with both colors in it would tie it all up.
  • Carolyn Martel
    hace 9 años
    I have my bathroom a med-dark blue. It looks best with lots of white. Change the light fixture and the mirror and it will look terrific and custom. What is there makes it builders grade.
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.