Houzz Logo Print
edubya

Describe your entry in one word

Emily H
hace 9 años
If you had to describe the entry to your home in one word, what would it be? Is it the word you wish it would be?

Tell us! (Photos encouraged)

Comentarios (111)

• keenplanner
    hace 9 años
    Classy. Timeless. I would toss the rug and the fabric pendant lamp, though.
  • Vicky Robinson
    hace 9 años
    Ciao! At least that's what my home entry says as folks are leaving-LOL!
  • Karin Madgwick
    hace 9 años
    Inviting!
  • lake1114
    hace 9 años
    elegant!
  • pdgchicken
    hace 9 años
    A beautiful View
  • pdgchicken
    hace 9 años
    A work of art
  • pdgchicken
    hace 9 años
    A Florida way of life
  • lilyhammer1
    hace 9 años
    Non existent. Back to front split. I really dislike having no entry space. I will remember for the next purchase
  • Dreacorator
    hace 9 años
    I cant decide: Doors-asaurus or WHY?!?!?

Trying to decide on new floor...marble, limestone, porcelain ...
  • printesa
    hace 9 años
    Can't really describe it in one word...I would say it whispers "off with your shoes"..There is a bench where the outside shoes can be placed, mirrors, large paintings..the usual
  • molly9753
    hace 9 años
    Small
  • libradesigneye
    hace 9 años
    gallery . . ... .
  • libradesigneye
    hace 9 años
    Última modificación: hace 9 años
    So that sounds grand, and it isn't grand at all . . just nice that I actually have one, since I've lived in places where the front door opens right into the main room (and even when the floor is different or they try to put a rail or levels . .a separate entry is a luxury that I appreciate). It is about 8 feet deep and 11 feet wide, and has a door to the master suite, and a small hallway to the family room and boys wing, and a 6' wide off set opening to the living room. So, on the rest of the walls, I've lined up art. It is personal and special to me - a set of 6 art prints that my husband brought home from a business trip. The artist is well known for prints that incorporate bright colors and sayings . . so the ones he picked out are special. Then I have a wall of tree silhouettes and a mirror, and one rubbing of a mayan stone my sister (the art history major) brought me back from the ruins near Cancun.
    Personal. . . but lots to look at, and to read. Pictures to follow.
  • zweiback
    hace 9 años
    Sweet!
  • Stefan Szalkowski
    hace 9 años
    Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious! We had our front entry redone last year and absolutely love it!
  • Wyatt Gardner
    hace 9 años
    Tacky
  • Jeremy Long
    hace 9 años
    Entry?
  • jfilipet
    hace 9 años
    Calming.
  • PRO
    Julia & Elizabeth
    hace 9 años
    Open. When you walk in the house you can see through the foyer, through the great room and out to the back yard.
  • PRO
    Rick Cochran @ Lowe's of Lancaster, Ohio #0527
    hace 9 años
    Beachy... even though we're in Ohio. We live on a Lake. Lots of room and great for when the Snow's falling and wet feet.
  • Sarabeth Steckerl
    hace 9 años
    If I hyphenate "hot-mess," does it count as one word?
  • bellpeppas
    hace 9 años
    Grimey-house came with "not cleaned in 10 years" slate tiling
  • risris
    hace 9 años
    Apartment-y? It's over as soon as it begins. But I'm glad to have it nonetheless :)
  • Lisadoll
    hace 9 años
    Small
  • tranquilitylh
    hace 9 años
    Open and I hate the lack of privacy in the rest of the living area.
  • tranquilitylh
    hace 9 años
    Belle Chaise, can I ask why you like your entry open when I am trying to figure out how to make more of a closed vestibule?
  • Marlene Fanucchi
    hace 9 años
    dule no colour or style,stuck in the 80 s
  • Tammy Hinkle
    hace 9 años
    incognito? lol, need to work on landscaping to guide guests to the door we want to use as an entry as opposed to the somewhat back door entry that we use.
  • PRO
    The 8th House
    hace 9 años
    ADD SOME COLOR TO THE ENTRY WALLS! :-)

Hello,

I'm Julian, an Artist / Photographer that works for Round Pocket (www.RoundPocket.com), an Art Distribution Firm in NYC.

They provide Custom and General sizes for Various Canvases with a Fine Art Finish.

If you interested, you can request a quote with Mr. Will Sofrin (help@roundpocket.com).

You can also visit my website:
    http://julianscorpio.houzz.com

Thanks!
    -Julian
  • PRO
    Studio M Interior Design
    hace 9 años
    Happy. I love coming home and seeing my cheerful entry table to throw my keys on and set the tone for a relaxing time at home
  • Ciara Devaraj
    hace 9 años
    Cozy?
  • shakerjaebs
    hace 9 años
    Original!
  • Margaret Kottelenberg
    hace 9 años
    DARK. Wish it were LIGHT. Thinking of one of those solar tubes.
  • PRO
    Travis Robert Renovations
    hace 9 años
    Timeless
  • Dreacorator
    hace 9 años
    Bellpeppas, man I feel your pain! Scroll up for a look at your floor's cousin in my entry!
  • Andy Huff
    hace 9 años
    Warm
  • PRO
    LB Interiors
    hace 9 años
    Huffzoo, love your entry and definately is very inviting. I love all the gorgeous wood!
  • Lori L
    hace 9 años
    In one word, 'meh'.
  • pdgchicken
    hace 9 años
    That looks good the Naples design glass by Masonite
  • momvo
    hace 9 años
    "oh" as in "um did I just walk in a house" lol. work in progress kitchen being renovated hopefully soon...
  • PRO
    J Design Group - Interior Designers Miami - Modern
    hace 9 años
    Ample

J Design Group, Interior Designers South Beach - Miami - Pinecrest - Sunny Isles - Miami - Williams Island - Modern Interior Design Firm in Miami, Florida - Luxury Ocean Front Contemporary Decorators - http://www.JDesignGroup.com
  • chachakids
    hace 9 años
    furry
  • moongirl73
    hace 9 años
    non-existant but noisy. I have 2 very enthuiastic greeters with wagging tails.
  • witch06
    hace 9 años
    elegant
  • Jani
    hace 9 años
    I have to go with two words small & expensive! Our front entry faces our stairway. We had to build an new staircase. We still have to add a few finishing touches on the wood work
  • Jo DP
    hace 9 años
    I have tried to make my entrance hall a cosy space furnishing it as an introduction to the rest of my home with second hand furniture & antique/charity shop art. An old rug works as our "mat". I have painted a victorian plant stand & had a top upholstered for it. It stores magazines & boots. Opposite is a bench for putting on shoes, underneath it are old boxes containing dog leads, more magazines & of course lots of junk. I have also added curtains to the double doors to make it cosy in winter & added kate foreman cushions . Lamps are lit in the darker evenings which are cheap as chips finds with lampshades added, as I have found them, from charity shops for less than £2. They stand on a concrete topped french cafe table & a lloyd loom wicker table.The dogs, the butcher, the baker, the candle- stickmaker, all use this entrance many times a day so it has lots of heavy traffic. It is a relatively small space but I have had a lot of fun evolving it.
  • Geneviève
    hace 9 años
    I really love that painting Jo DP.:)
    My entrance is narrow
  • Jo DP
    hace 9 años
    thank you, Genevieve. i always love finding paintings that are not "by" anybody & unsigned. they are cheaper! A bit of art snobbery works in our favour!
  • Jo DP
    hace 9 años
    Oh! Genevieve, Re your "narrow" entrance remember prints, paintings, mirrors take up little room & can be interspersed with art of the "found" kind....signage, wheels, clocks, whatever! Also adding some panelling or tongue & groove can lift even the narrowest spaces & allow different depths of paint or wallpaper to create interest. I love rug runners too that take you into the house on a wave!
  • Lindsay Morris
    hace 9 años
    In progress!
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.