Houzz Logo Print
lissa456

Sliders vs. swing(french) doors to a deck? Asthetics, functionality?

lissa456
hace 9 años
There is a view involved. Concerns about space lost with swing doors. And heat loss. But are they more valuable upon resale?

Comentarios (13)

• PRO
    Scott Design, Inc.
    hace 9 años
    Consider outswing French doors.
  • PRO
    Dytecture
    hace 9 años
    Was never a fan of french doors due to the door swing.
  • bgfuqua
    hace 9 años
    French doors look good, but are a pain.
  • mfwolfe
    hace 9 años
    Who knows what will make a buyer want to pay more. I have had sliders and mostly hated them. For the first couple of years they are great and then the house starts to settle and the screens get harder and harder to open and to close tightly. Currently I have the width of a slider but only one french door. The other opening is a window. So it looks like a set of french doors but is only one. Doesn't take up so much space, provides ventilation because of the sliding screen and seems to stay level better than a slider.
  • kbiggar
    hace 9 años
    Mfwolfe, do you have a picture of what you have? Sounds interesting! Thanks
  • bungalowmo
    hace 9 años
    I always hated sliding doors. Reminds me of apartment living, which I never want to go back to.
  • elklaker
    hace 9 años
    We replaced our in-swing French doors with beautiful sliding wood doors from Renewal by Andersen. Couldn't be happier with the look, functionality and saved space.
  • nwduck
    hace 9 años
    We have sliders and love them. One of the best things we ever installed was a retractable screen which is located at the center (outside of the sliders). Unobstructed view when the sliders are closed. This is the product we purchased, and can recommend it: http://www.eclipsetechnologies.com/aira-product-features.php
    lissa456 agradeció a nwduck
  • inpdx
    hace 9 años
    Not a yes/no. How much will you be using the deck? How big is your room (space for swing)? Style of home. Will you need curtains?
  • PRO
    Superior Windowland LLC
    hace 9 años
    French doors very energy consuming and the screen system is never right
  • PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    hace 9 años
    The Phantom screens work very well and we use them on our sliders and the reason we went with sliders is that they suit our 1956 rancher better than french doors.
  • Maria Smith
    hace 9 años
    We have three sets of french doors that swing out to patio, they are always open in good weather. Love that they do not impede interior space. In the great room there are side lights that flank the doors, the ficus gets replaced with the Christmas tree. All doors have interior and exterior sconces .
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.