valtex

What do you think? No architect, no designer, just Houzz and the two

valtex
hace 9 años
98% done

Comentarios (121)

• Teresa
    hace 9 años
    Great job! Love the island and all the storage.
  • PRO
    Kitchen & Bath Gallery
    hace 9 años
    Ahhh the power of Houzz!! Great job, looks beautiful!
  • Aine
    hace 9 años
    Beautiful. Well done!
  • Shea Joy
    hace 9 años
    What a relief from the first picture!
  • Sheryl Prince
    hace 9 años
    This is gorgeous. I love the contrast. Great job!!
  • PRO
    Shakuff
    hace 9 años
    Wow! That is some inspiring Houzz magic! Congrats on your beautiful kitchen transformation!
  • A Hall
    hace 9 años
    Good grief! Did you just give up and move to a better house and tell us you did the upgrades? Looks GREAT! Fantastic job!
  • PRO
    The Robin's Nest Emporium & Decor
    hace 9 años
    WOW ... LOVE!
  • valtex
    Autor original
    hace 9 años
    Stamps Design Service
    Does breaking a water pipe work to get a new kitchen? Now you tell me. I would have done that 10 years ago if I'd known. Too bad there are no water lines in my living room. Hmm but there are....wet bar I hate.
  • PRO
  • Anina Salerno_Aita
    hace 9 años
    What a wonderful transformation!!! I had a kitchen that looked A LOT like your before--I even had the trash compactor. I did a design it yourself with the help of a friend who works at Home Depot as a kitchen designer. My big savings came from adding a large pantry on one wall with 48 inch French doors and floor to ceiling shelves. I stole 18 inches from my formal living room to get the space for the pantry. Huge difference in functionality of the 10 x 11 kitchen, and the living room doesn't seem like I did anything to it at all.. Old kitchen had a total of 8 feet of empty countertop. New kitchen has twice that, plus the storage from a 6 x 1.5 ft pantry. I didn't have room for an island, and I envy yours!!
  • kanestor
    hace 9 años
    Wow! Just beautiful.
  • Janis Kennedy
    hace 9 años
    Love the way the counters, floors and walls blend together!
  • Dorian Slate
    hace 9 años
    This kitchen remake would have looked great with copper.
  • Linda Canham
    hace 9 años
    It looks beautiful, great job.
  • grobby
    hace 9 años
    Pat yourself on the back. Good job!
  • sixkeys
    hace 9 años
    Congrats! Can you tell me where you got the pulls from?
  • Linda Rooney
    hace 9 años
    Gorgeous! Not too dark -- it's perfect. Love it!!
  • sunnydrew
    hace 9 años
    excellent job. all your friends will be calling to have you do their kitchens!
  • PRO
    Robin Amorello, CKD CAPS - Atmoscaper Design
    hace 9 años
    You did a beautiful job!! Cook, Eat, Enjoy~
  • swickbb
    hace 9 años
    Gasp! It's not a white kitchen? Lol! Seriously though it is amazing to see how a space can be transformed. Love the island.
  • Lura Gee
    hace 9 años
    We have that exact same (before) floor! And I've been planning to put in the exact same (after) floor! I was "floored" when I saw this. Just emailed it to my husband. Congrats on a fabulous new kitchen! It's gorgeous!
  • normaanne
    hace 9 años
    Beautiful!!! I love the cabinets; if I ever get to do my kitchen, that is the color I would love to have.
  • valtex
    Autor original
    hace 9 años
    Normaanne
    You share a name with my younger sister who died at birth. The stain is Old Masters brand, vintage burgundy. Their website has an easy to use color wheel where you can preview the look of different stains on various types of wood.
  • valtex
    Autor original
    hace 9 años
    Lara Gee
    I feel your pain. Did you notice the printed wall border paper? Clash does not describe it, teal and purple, was here when we bought the house. Always said I was going to at least take it off, but somehow never did. Funny how you stop seeing things you see every day.
  • valtex
    Autor original
    hace 9 años
    Anybody have a Wolf range? It is my first gas range. Burners are great, but the oven is really hot. As in, stuff cooks in half the called for time even after reducing temp. Have not baked much yet, just biscuits and rolls, but am afraid things will burn outside and be raw inside. Input anyone?
  • bootsey
    hace 9 años
    You've done an amazing thing here. Did you decide it was unnecessary to have a wall oven? I am designing my kitchen remodel, currently have stove top and double wall oven but takes up a lot of space and I feel I would only need it for 1 holiday. Don't know why but am really wrestling with this decision.
    Re: oven, I think you'll get the feel of it with time but it might be helpful to purchase an oven thermometer to see if the reading matches what the oven says. It may need to be adjusted by an appliance person, maybe Wolf has a trouble shooting site. Wish I had your problems, lol!
  • Lisa Schimanski
    hace 9 años
    Thanks for the comment back valtex! Oak, Maple, Cherry and Birch are popular here. I kind of like the uneven look of Maple or Birch. I am certainly not a fan of Oak...it has been used to death and I don't care for strong grainy look....but yours are simply gorgeous! And I don't think your kitchen is too dark. I totally love it! Enjoy!
  • valtex
    Autor original
    hace 9 años
    Bootsy
    I personally barely need an oven, but my husband likes to cook. We were looking for longevity in appliances as he is hoping to retire soon. We do not have lots of company here and I can not imagine needing two ovens. As to wall ovens, guess it is all in what you want vs. your design space. Not having to bend over to the oven has it's benefits and I am a believer in planning ahead for aging in place.
  • tw123456
    hace 9 años
    Wow! You done real good!! ;0))) LOL
    Is that a drawer microwave that I see? I saw one at Lowe's?
  • drgreen987
    hace 9 años
    This is amazing work my friend !! Looks really nice!!
  • valtex
    Autor original
    hace 9 años
    Tw123456. Yes it is a drawer mw. The only manufacturer of them is Sharp although several companies have a model with their name on one, all are made by Sharp. Got mine via Amazon for $775. Am liking it very much so far.
  • tw123456
    hace 9 años
    I saw this same one a couple of yrs ago for a $ hundred more, I guess the price is coming down. For me it would be good, so I don't have to reach up to get large hot heavy items, since I do most of our cooking in the microwave.
  • lellogirl
    hace 9 años
    Really well done! It looks fantastic!
  • PRO
    SoCal Contractor
    hace 9 años
    Great transformation!
  • PRO
    Architecture
    hace 9 años
    yes is lovely
  • drivemecrazy
    hace 9 años
    Love the cabinets we are in the process of getting a new kitchen. Cherry cabinets with cinnamon finish.
  • PRO
    OTM Designs & Remodeling Inc.
    hace 9 años
    Well done!
  • PRO
    Cast Glass Images Inc.
    hace 9 años
    Impressive! The island really opens the room. Nice job!
  • jendennis
    hace 9 años
    Great job!
  • Natalie
    hace 9 años
    Well Done!
  • PRO
    Gilmans Kitchens and Baths
    hace 9 años
    Good for you! Congrats on your new space and all the new memories you will have in it. - Janis., GKB.
  • PRO
    SoCal Contractor
    hace 9 años
    Wow, stunning transformation!
  • Aine
    hace 9 años
    Wow! Beautiful transformation!
  • shars55
    hace 9 años
    Very pretty. I love that you went with beautiful wood and not white.
  • 2prissy
    hace 9 años
    Absolutely stunning. I love the Farmhouse/Vintage look but I think this is really, really pretty. Very well done. When you get under counter lighting make sure you don't get those little round ones that get so hot the cover pops off.
  • PRO
    123 Remodeling Inc.
    hace 9 años
    Amazing. I love new countertops!
  • nancycronk
    hace 9 años

Stunning!

• Idicula Samuel
    hace 9 años
    Well done we did ours as well recently I have a post out there feel free to comment. Like you we were our own designers and we sourced all the items and found a GC for just labor.
  • Epiphany Brown
    hace 9 años
    Última modificación: hace 9 años

valtex I think your kitchen is beautiful. I explored similar options for my own kitchen, If you change your lighting your beautiful counters will look mushy beige instead of showing the intricacies of the granite you paid so much for and it will make your beautiful dark cherry cabinets look orange. Sorry to assume but I think if you wanted those colors then you would have chosen them.

Flair Lighting - not everyone wants warm - yellow lights. I, for one am so very sick of this obsession. I can barely find cool and bright white lights in home depot anymore.

After spending so much time picking the colors for a room and putting together a beautiful composition of pieces why would you want to change the color of all these items?! Bright white, daylight, natural 4500k-7000k-- all lights giving similar effect to sunlight are beautiful. These lights brighter and everything I pick out stays the color it was at the store, instead of having a sickly yellow tint (or "golden glow" as fans say).

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.