hzdeleted_5951210

Foundation problems on 1860 Victorian home

User
hace 10 años
The foundation of my home is sandstone and over the years, the moisture is causing the foundation to crumble. Do you have any advice as to what steps I need to take to fix this major problem?!

Comentarios (5)

• Emily H
    hace 10 años
    Hi Lydia, Have you brought in a foundation expert yet? Such a bummer to have to deal with such a large repair!
  • Dawn
    hace 9 años
    Pick the house up. Rebuild a new foundation. Set the house back down. Been there done that. Expensive but doable.
  • Wild Infusion
    hace 9 años
    Hi Lydia, I live in Australia and what they do here is to dig down and then prop up the house from underneath the foundation and pour the affected area....underpinning is what it is... go and see an engineer to give you a report and if it can be fixed get a GOOD foundations contractor not only a concretor they need to specialize in this...hope this helps
  • Jessica Kerry Mack
    hace 9 años
    There are companies that will use jacks to lift the house off the disintegrating foundations and either pour concrete ones or allow a mason to come in and build the necessary foundation from appropriate materials. It isn't cheap. It is similar to the process used by those companies that move whole houses from one place to another.
  • PRO
    Bryant Builders LLC
    hace 2 años

I agree with the others. Lift the house and have a solid footing and foundation added, Old homes are beautiful and preserving them isn't always inexpensive. We are renovating a 1880's home with hand hewn beams underneath. They are solid and house had already had a foundation added. This is our third old house remodel.

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.