Houzz Logo Print
seagal

Furniture Placement, help please!

hace 10 años
I have an off centered fireplace in our walkout basement in which I cannot figure out the furniture placement. This is a long room (35' L x 20' W). I was trying to use furniture I already have, but am open to suggestions! Thank you!

Comentarios (27)

• PRO
    hace 10 años
    will there be a tv in this space?
  • hace 10 años
    Yes, above the mantle on the fireplace. We may put a pool table in the room, so tv could be viewed from that point as well.
  • hace 10 años
    I will try that, thank you. I like the ideas of built ins.
  • PRO
    hace 10 años
    I like the idea of the angled couch. Leave the one over by the window and the other two along the wall. You could add a great sofa table behind the couch or maybe a simple "bar" style couch table that would house stools beneath it.
    seagal agradeció a Metal Fred
  • hace 10 años
    Love the idea of the table and stools!
  • hace 10 años
    Would you recommend getting rid of the rug (in 2nd picture)? I am thinking it accentuates the lack of symmetry but I like the texture.
  • hace 10 años
    Could you try putting the sofa on the wall to the left of the fireplace and placing the 3 chairs in kind of a semi circle in front of fireplace to make conversation area. Try chairs fairly close together.
    seagal agradeció a Angel 18432
  • hace 10 años
    Get a sectional to place against the wall with a coffee table 18" from it and art above. Two swivel chairs, or the two dark chairs you already have can sit where they are. Pool table in the opposite end may take up all the additional space. Here's a chart to help you with that.
    http://www.brunswickbilliards.com/helpful_information/room_size_requirements.html
    seagal agradeció a decoenthusiaste
  • hace 10 años
    ANGEL18432 I will try moving the furniture this evening. Thank you!
  • hace 10 años
    decoenthusiaste, I think ultimately a sectional will work best. I will try to move around what I have first, but I think you are right. Thank you for the chart-really helpful.
  • PRO
    hace 10 años
    The rug picture isn't showing up for some reason. I would say a rug is a keeper. It will warm the space and sort of anchor it. You may consider a different size or shape. Good luck with the shuffle!
    seagal agradeció a Metal Fred
  • hace 10 años
    It is in the middle picture. (2nd of the 3)
  • PRO
    hace 10 años
    Seagal, if I may, You could put 2 of the single sofas close to each other facing the fire place with a small side table in the middle and put the large sofa against the window with the third one seater on either side at a 90 degree angle to the large sofa with a coffee table in front of them. Then you will have 2 separate areas with 2 different functions.
    seagal agradeció a Handyman Connection
  • hace 10 años
    Thank you! I will be moving some furniture around tonight!
  • hace 10 años
    Imagine removing the couch and placing the three chairs in a circular pattern facing the fireplace. Find an upholstered ottoman for the center of the grouping.

Is this a room where someone crashes on the couch to watch TV? If not, I'd lose the couch.
    seagal agradeció a Meet Me at the Wrecking Ball
  • hace 10 años
    This is our newly constructed beach/future retirement home. We have a great room on the main floor which we will use most often. We haven't moved in yet, so not sure how much the basement will be used. We do enter through the slider when coming in from the water.
    I had hoped to get there tonight but looks like tomorrow I can spend some time with the furniture arranging. Thank you for the idea. I will post pictures.
  • hace 10 años
    Is the slider on the right side behind the two black chairs? Since that's your entrance from the beach you might want to plan a landing spot for towels, bags, and flip flops. Maybe that leather is wrong for a room that's likely to experience a lot of sand?
    seagal agradeció a Meet Me at the Wrecking Ball
  • hace 10 años
    Are you able to see the 3rd picture showing the rest of the room?
  • hace 10 años
    Here it is
  • hace 10 años
    Different furniture placement
  • PRO
    hace 10 años
    I like your arrangement above! I would also add a coffee table. Here are a few ideas:

http://deciture.com/the-unique-wood-coffee-table/

http://deciture.com/the-classy-wood-leather-coffee-table/

Hope this helps!
    seagal agradeció a Warner Decor
  • hace 10 años
    Not working for me! Back to the sectional... Look into one with two equal wings or a flex chaise portion that can be reversed from left to right when you want to change the arrangement.
    Living Room · Más información
  • hace 10 años
    Here is one more layout as suggested by Mrs. Doubtfire. I was thinking a table and chairs placed in front of the larger window for game and card playing might work.
  • PRO
    hace 10 años
    I still think I like the angle but I wonder if the arm chair facing the fireplace should be moved to the wall? Giving you two arm chairs against the wall and an open view of the fireplace from the pool table area.... The three arm chairs look nice in the last photo but not much seating for will probably be a great gathering area in the future.
  • hace 10 años
    Can you get a 4th matching chair? I think that would be a great direction for the FP area. Then you still have the back of the room for a sectional focused on TV, and that window recess for your game/snack table set-up. Consider a built-in bench with storage for the games under the window. I think that will make for a very useful and attractive room with sections for conversation at the FP, games and snacks at the window, and TV at the back.
    Bill Bolin Photography - Christy Blumenfeld Architecture · Más información

Italian Villa · Más información

Traditional Family Room · Más información

Rustic Canyon New Home · Más información
  • PRO
    hace 10 años
    what if you put a wet bar area over by the windows behind the chairs. it looks like a club house, and with the pool table you can pull off that look. or a high top table.
Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.