Houzz Logo Print
jennycdrew

One for the ladies - what does your ultimate 'She Cave' look like?

Jenny Drew
hace 9 años
The guys have the 'Man Cave', is there such thing as a 'She Cave'? I'd love to know what you would use it for?

Meditation? Pampering? Crafting? Surfboard Waxing? Tell us below and upload a photo of your favourite space on Houzz... or take a snap of your real-life She Cave at home!

Here's mine... my dream in life is to be surrounded by words, so a cosy attic retreat bustling with books + writing desk would suit me to a tee.

My Houzz: Antiques and curio items add interest to a Brooklyn brownstone · Más información

Comentarios (30)

• PRO
    Joanna Tovia
    hace 9 años
    Lady's lair?
  • noosajulie
    hace 9 años
    My she-cave has a full table for my craft and sewing. It also has a wine cabinet and a small TV nearby. My husband used to call it 'the living room'. LOL!
  • Amanda Webb
    hace 9 años
    At the moment, my She Cave (love Lady's Lair!) is my office space, carved out at the bottom of the stairs. I have my book cases, jewellery display case, filing cabinet, stereo & CDs, and lots of plants and beautiful items like crystals and shells, mirrors, and loads of lovely framed photos of family and friends, not to mention my art... My challenge is to keep other family members out of it!!!
    Jenny Drew agradeció a Amanda Webb
  • T Stanley
    hace 9 años
    My dream she cave: A window seat filled with plump cushions, a snuggly rug, books, magazines, art and craft supplies.... plus a TV and DVD player so I can watch Pride & Prejudice (The BBC TV version of course... is there any other?).
    Jenny Drew agradeció a T Stanley
  • Monique Barrow
    hace 9 años
    Not too much, I don't like clutter. All my sewing stuff and interior magazines. Oh and a dockingstation for my Ipad.
    Jenny Drew agradeció a Monique Barrow
  • User
    hace 9 años
    Sewing and crafts.
    Jenny Drew agradeció a User
  • patatas
    hace 9 años
    Two areas, possibly in one room. One is a tent-like space with lots of soft cozy cushions, inspiring books, and a tea set with electric kettle.. The other area will be a floor large enough to dance, a good stereo system, magical lighting, walls that support the ability to spontaneously change decor and art (corkboard, perhaps?). The last thing is a set of French doors leading out to a lovely serene garden.
  • krf9
    hace 9 años
    My ideal lady cave would be pretty similar to a man cave - a nice big tv, a nice sound system to listen to music, and maybe a wine bar instead of beer :) And a nice cozy blanket to curl up and do nothing
  • Luke Buckle
    hace 9 años
    I'm clearly not qualified to say but my mum has teddy bears she made, and paints she uses all arranged ready for action.
  • Lainie
    hace 9 años
    Última modificación: hace 9 años
    Tiny House · Más información
    Somewhere with a great view, a comfy couch I can snuggle into with a cup of tea and a book is my dream femme den.
  • saratogaswizzlestick
    hace 9 años
    No offense Jenny but your inspiration room screams clutter. My she cave is my jacuzzi. A good book, some bubbles = bliss.
  • Amanda Webb
    hace 9 años
    I'm renaming my She Cave: it's now officially going to be a 'She Sanctuary'!
  • User
    hace 9 años
    My she- cave would consist of a Sauna, Shower, and an Espresso machine;)
  • PRO
    Sophie Seeger
    hace 9 años
    My 'she cave' would be a sofa I fell into and couldn't get out of; someone on hand to massage my feet and shoulders; a pile of interior design, art, travel and architecture mags and books; an art pad and charcoal to sketch; a bottle of good red without my having to get out of my sofa; forget the minimalist look - I want nurturing, dreams and inspiration... I want to be transported on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday to Paris, New York; to the country, to the sea... all within my 'she cave'.
  • pickyvicky
    hace 9 años
    My She-Cave would have one whole wall of bookcases/shelving, plushy carpeting, a place for my computers, the kick-butt $3000 TV I keep eyeing up, will smell good, an artist easel with paints nearby that NEVER get put away, a place for my uncle's refurbished sewing machine cabinet, lots of natural light with BIG windows, old family photos, soundproof walls so I can blast my music, and lots of storage.
  • kathleen MK
    hace 9 años
    My lady's lair would be a stone cottage studio for my pyro maniac pursuits( pottery,glass and metals) and surrounded by gardens .
    I'd love a really great spa bathroom as well.
  • hayley
    hace 9 años
    Gimme me a couch i can lie back on and cover it with oversize cushions.
  • Sheila Schmitz
    hace 9 años
    I'm with Lainie on the books, couch, view and tea thing!
  • Sasha G.
    hace 9 años
    The possibilities! I'd like a day bed next to a bay window with tall plants outside, lots of throw rugs, a wall cabinet with hundreds of books I haven't read yet, a massive floor lamp for a reading light, a warm blanket, a (well-stocked!) wine rack next to a small bar station with beautiful glasses, a fireplace, and a home theatre set up. I'll never need to see daylight ever again.
  • kimonoreincarnate
    hace 9 años
    My girl cave is known as the "girl shed". We built a shed, fully insulated then sheeted the walls, put in a floating floor and airconditioner. It's my studio, my office, my sewing room and basically my retreat from the rest of the family. The windows look out onto the Glass House Mountains. My poor husband is still waiting for his man cave... :)
  • Flannel Flower
    hace 9 años
    Última modificación: hace 9 años
    I have just cleared out an area under the house - a small room at the back of the garage that connects to the laundry/come storage room on the other side - a bit hard to explain the layout, but it works perfectly now as a second office/study area that I am using to gather and sort literature for further study. It has a large filing cabinet, desk, sorting table and lots of shelving for pre-sorting piles of literature which I have accumulated so effortlessly over the years! It comes with window views out to the garden and lovely water glimpses (if I open the garage door) and is lovely and cool in summer. While it is well organised and tidy, I have deliberately left it fairly rustic (read 'man cave' like) as I don't want to feel like I need to be 'cleaning and tidying' while I am there. I have a stack of classical and choral music that I play while down there ... in between listening to the cricket in summer, of course! Some great names in here re what to call it .... perhaps my 'She Nook' or 'the Reading Room'
  • Neeno Nguyen
    hace 8 años

Lady lair! Love that.

I'm moving into a townhouse and there's a "retreat" area upstairs which I was thinking of turning into my sewing area... but I'm scared that it's a) not big enough b) rogue pins will stab my bf in the foot when he crosses the retreat to get to the main bathroom!

Might have to put the Lady Lair in the spare bedroom, and have the retreat as a display area... nice cupboard with glass doors to display my fabric, a mannequin to show off my latest handmade dress, a bookcase to store my sewing books and a bean bag.

Sewing room (spare room) will be my working space.

• PRO
    Shakiraaz
    hace 8 años

My "She Cave" is my study, where I have all my paints & fabric strewn all over the place in a "happy" kind of mess & my design books & my apple mac at arms length.....I spend many hours here as well at my printing table which is et up in my alfresco where I do all my printing. The below photograph is an old one (about 2 years old)...my study has slightly evolved over the years.

• luckygirlcat
    hace 8 años

Actually, I recently found something about "She Sheds", which are the women's version of a "Man Cave" and they actually so cool! I would personally love elements of 7 and 10.

• PRO
    Clever Closet Company
    hace 8 años
    Última modificación: hace 8 años

Has to be Jeannie's bottle

• User
    hace 8 años

Are you a "she" Clever?

• PRO
    Clever Closet Company
    hace 8 años

yes I am! I thought that was obvious-sorry.

• User
    hace 8 años

I like to be certain so I don't gaffe.

• info7164100
    hace 7 años

see www.sheshed.co.nz for plenty of she shed ideas

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.