Houzz Logo Print
kerry2010

Would the quartzite work as a bathroom countertop and in a steam showe

kerry2010
hace 10 años
I am remodeling and was considering a white marble I like the look of your countertop but I am worried about make up etc and will it work in a steam shower
Westlake Residence · Más información

Comentarios (9)

• PRO
    Tracy Miller Designs
    hace 10 años
    The quarts is less porous than marble so it would be better worth makeup and works great in a bathroom. It is not totally non porous but is better than real stone. I have used it on shower walls as well and it works great. Consult with whatever manufacturer you are looking at to make sure though before using in shower
  • PRO
    Martin Siwy
    hace 10 años
    Also find out how much maintenance will the material require. And remember ideal ceiling height for steam shower is 8 feet.
  • PRO
    Tracy Miller Designs
    hace 10 años
    ?? Martin
  • PRO
    Martin Siwy
    hace 10 años
    Última modificación: hace 10 años
    Tracy, I was referring to maintenance as frequency of reapplying the sealant and regular cleaning as you mention in the previous comment.
  • PRO
    Tracy Miller Designs
    hace 10 años
    Martin, I guess I get confused as to why reps/sales people answer the question directed to me instead of allowing me to answer them. This seems to happen on a regular basis and is quite annoying.
  • PRO
    Martin Siwy
    hace 10 años
    Sorry if you feel that I came across this way. I thought this was posted as a "Photo Question" and I check the discussion boards once in a while (which are public) to see if I can suggest anything when it comes to steam shower(s). In no means do I want to try and "sell" anything in a public forum such as this. I only wanted to provide my suggestion on how to make the ultimate steam shower. My apologies to you and kerry2010 if any part of my post showed up on your “wall post.” I was under the impression this was a public question.
  • PRO
    Touch of Class Fine Finishing
    hace 9 años
    Love quartz countertops wherever they are. Beautiful, clean looking and easy to take care of.
  • PRO
    Touch of Class Fine Finishing
    hace 7 años

Quartz is perfect for bathroom countertops. Very durable.

kerry2010 agradeció a Touch of Class Fine Finishing
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.