stevenrandel

Fan Specifications?

Can you provide the manufacturer and model number the ceiling fan fixture?
Hyde Park-Return to Prairie · Más información

Comentarios (9)

• jadedk
    hace 10 años
    Is that a light in the bottom of the fan? If so, what kind of light is it?
  • PRO
    Steven Corley Randel, Architect
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    Thank you jadedk. That fan is very similar. The one in the photo, however, does appear slightly different and has a light centered in the lower column.
  • jadedk
    hace 10 años
    Savoy House was suggested as the source, in another question about this picture. (Seems there are several of us who immediately gravitated to the fan, so I apologize for the duplication.) I like the fact that it's enclosed, so not much danger of personal injury if you had this in a kitchen with an average height ceiling. I am not a fan (!) of overhead lights, anywhere in my house, but I probably would at least occasionally need one in the kitchen. Must be another manufacturer that makes one with a light.
    Steven Corley Randel, Architect agradeció a jadedk
  • PRO
    Orion Design, Inc.
    hace 10 años
    Steven,

I actually found this fan at Home Depot (Designers Choice Collection Enclave 23 in. Natural Iron Ceiling Fan). It also comes in a brushed nickel!

-Elizabeth
    Steven Corley Randel, Architect agradeció a Orion Design, Inc.
  • jadedk
    hace 10 años
    Thanks, Orion Design/Elizabeth. Found it! Sounds more decorative than useful, as either a fan or a light. Reviewers also cite installation glitches. Outrageous price for what you get. Oh, well. Now that I have the idea, I know what I'm looking for.
    Steven Corley Randel, Architect agradeció a jadedk
  • PRO
    Lighting & Decor by JSM Creations
    hace 10 años
    We sell one of a similar concept. Only of better quality from what it sound like. It is made by a company called Fanimation. We have great reviews of them and don't have them come back for problems. As far as lighting goes on this fan it accommodates 4 candelabra bulbs up to 43 watts each we would recommend an LED bulb so you can maximize that wattage. It is not a lot of light, having other task light in the room such as under cabinet lighting as well as recessed if possible. I will attach a link for you. If you have any questions please let us know info@jsmcreations.com
    http://search52.com/jsmcreations/search_individual_result.asp?current=523123&page=1
    Steven Corley Randel, Architect agradeció a Lighting & Decor by JSM Creations
  • jadedk
    hace 10 años
    Última modificación: hace 10 años
    Chadwick Design, that is indeed a way cool piece. Unfortunately it "requires 10 foot minimum floor clearance." Even after I remove the hideous &*^%$# dropped ceiling I still won't have 10 feet. Of course, the "requirement" could be the manufacturer's safety warning to protect careless cooks, not a building code requirement. To have 10' clearance, the ceiling would have to be close to 12' high. I wonder how effective this rather small fixture would actually be at that height, as a fan or as lighting.

JSM Creations, that's a nice looking model, even though it isn't the same configuration as the one in the original picture. Looks as if the fan is where you would expect the lights to be and the lights are around the outside of the fixture -- virtually reversed! Could work. Yep, LED bulbs would be better. Having hot lights and a fan is sorta counter-productive. . .
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.