Houzz Logo Print
ravensnest12

Need ideas to update the fronts of our house

ravensnest12
hace 10 años
We are looking for some ideas on how to update the front of our house. We ripped out all of the azaleas and will be adding new landscaping this spring. Any other ideas on what we can do? We want it to be more inviting.

Comentarios (6)

• Belindee
    hace 10 años
    Having the front door a different colour to the side panels makes the door look smaller. Consider changing the colour to one and perhaps blue. The shutters would also look good blue. Consider making the pathway to the house wider....Even if it's just in appearance by having rockery either side. Lovely house...lots of potential. Have fun :)
  • Denita
    hace 10 años
    Última modificación: hace 10 años
    Consider removing the shutters from your home as they aren't sized right for your windows. Take a look at this excellent brief article, with photos, to see what types of shutters would work on which type of windows.
    http://www.lifeofanarchitect.com/residential-architecture-101-shutters/

I agree with Belinda above, your entry would be much more substantial if your sidelights were painted the same color as your front door. Expanding the walkway is also a way to make your home much more inviting. I will find some inspiration pics to show you.

Here is a similar home to your home. It is not quite the same due to the gable bump out and gable entry, but the rest of the home is very similar to your home. You can see that the wide walkway and large curved planting beds are very welcoming. Hover over the photo to enlarge and click on the photo name to see all ten photos in this project. I have posted a few here for you.
    Exterior · Más información

This one is another bilevel home:
    Plymouth Phase 2 Exterior · Más información
  • Denita
    hace 10 años
    Última modificación: hace 10 años
    Here is another way to do a wide curved walkway without spending a bundle :)
    City Life with a View · Más información

Forrest Walk · Más información
  • ravensnest12
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    Thanks guys! I really like the forrest walk steps in the last comment. It isn't shown in the previous pictures but we have a large staircase leading up to our house. Maybe the best bet is to fancy up the steps.

We actually want to put in a new front door and I was thinking about painting the shutters blue or black. It isn't in our budget to replace all of the shutters but I could definitely paint them!

Any other ideas? We thought about adding a portico to the front door as well.
  • Lyn Agre
    hace 4 años

Paint all the white trim and shutters and sidelights black maybe a nice warm black. How about removing the concrete walkway and replace with wood ? It would feel more friendly and lastly plant one or two weeping willow trees sort of aside the front door visulally.. to the left of the front door.

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.