Houzz Logo Print
ciscopuppy

what are pros and cons of using black back splash

ciscopuppy
hace 10 años
última modificación:hace 10 años
I plan on installing soap stone for my kitchen counters, and have a wall mounted faucet due to 20" counter depth. Will a black tile back splash show water marks more than white?

Comentarios (8)

• catlady999
    hace 10 años
    YES!!!
  • hayleydaniels
    hace 10 años
    You're also going to end up with a very dark kitchen, and while you can put more lights in, why pay to light the room when you don't need to?
  • yoboseiyo
    hace 10 años
    counters and backsplashes are like car colors.
    dark ones show light dirt, light ones show dark dirt.

and stainless shows everything.
  • feeny
    hace 10 años
    Última modificación: hace 10 años
    Aside from the problem of a black backsplash making the kitchen look too dark and showing spots, I really don't think it is a good choice to go with soapstone. The soapstone will be either a charcoal gray or an almost-black (possibly blue-green-black) when oiled or waxed. Neither of those shades is going to look particularly good with a pure black tile backsplash next to it. Now if you really want a dark backsplash to go with your soapstone, consider a dark gray matte-finish tile. Here's an example:
    Craftsman Kitchen · Más información
  • feeny
    hace 10 años
    But white, off white, cream, pale aqua, pale gray, pale taupe or other light-colored back splashes are particularly lovely against soapstone and will brighten up the room more.
  • yoboseiyo
    hace 10 años
    also, soapstone is INCREDIBLY soft.
    remember the chemistry tables in highschool? those were soapstone.
    remember carving them up with your pencils? yeah.
  • feeny
    hace 10 años
    Última modificación: hace 10 años
    I don't agree with "incredibly soft". But it is certainly a softer stone than granite or engineered quartz.
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.