Houzz Logo Print
karenraff

Is it waterproof so that it could sit out in the middle of my garden?

karenraff
hace 10 años
Does it need to be on a covered porch where it rarely gets exposed to the outside weather? How does it connect to its power source? Does it plug into an outdoor outlet or go directly to a live (?) wired source. We just built a patio and I can have our electrician create whatever source is needed. Should it be on a protective platform, like a piece of slate or can it sit on the ground? Thank you. It is GORGEOUS and a a piece of sculpture in its own right. What kind of light bulbs does it use?
Trellis Outdoor Floor Lamp, Bronze Finish · Más información

Comentarios (2)

• PRO
    Lighting Front
    hace 10 años
    Hello karenraff,
    Thanks for your interest in this item. According to the manufacturer, this fixture was specifically created to be outdoors. It should be able to withstand outdoor weather very well. Also, it should be able to plug directly into an outdoor outlet. This floor lamp will take two 100 watt medium bulbs. I hope I was able to answer all your questions!
  • PRO
    8237 Design
    hace 10 años
    I would not sit this in the middle of your garden. I looked at the specification, and it said "this item must be listed for suitability in wet locations." It also has a cord and plug on it, which nullifies the Wet Location UL label. It uses an incandescent lamp. I'm guessing--since it's not UL Listed for Wet Locations--it was designed for use under a portico. It also has a fabric "shade," which the elements will adversely impact. I live in the Midwest, and after the winter we just had, most anything I had in my yard that was exposed to the snow and cold is history.
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.