Houzz Logo Print
88designs

Need suggestion for wall colours to match the fireplaces

88designs
hace 10 años
We are renovating our house with original arts and crafts fireplaces with different colours. We can't decide whether to use wallpapers or colour paint for the walls to keep the character of the house while also have a sense of modern comfort. We also need compatible curtain colour scheme.

Comentarios (8)

• 88designs
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    Another one
  • 88designs
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    Apart from the first fireplace, which is in the south facing living room, the other fireplaces are all for second floor bedrooms. I don't want to use wall papers for all of them as it might be too costly and hard to maintain. I like your idea of reuse the fireplace pattern on accessaries. I haven't thought of that.
  • decoenthusiaste
    hace 10 años
    Paint is less costly, easy to change when you want, and easy to match to anything in your room you want to theme around.
  • saratogaswizzlestick
    hace 10 años
    Última modificación: hace 10 años
    I love your fireplaces. I like the idea of neutral paint so your fireplaces can really shine.
  • PRO
    Barnhart Gallery
    hace 10 años
    Última modificación: hace 10 años
    Greetings 88 designs, and thank you for firing up my design engines this morning with your inspirational post. The stunning colors -- in your case colours (are you in the UK perhaps?) -- of your tiles will assist greatly in your choices. As an otherwise blank slate, here's where a quick daydream takes me with your FPs as my muse. However, for you it will depend on your tastes, interests, and what you already have that you plan to incorporate here. (Cursor over to enlarge.)
    88designs agradeció a Barnhart Gallery
  • 88designs
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    I really like the green fabric you suggested. The colour and pattern are lovely!
  • Debi McCann
    hace 10 años
    Very soft pale yellow. Contrast a little to see the beauty of your fireplace. Then punch in all accent colors. Rich chocolate reds, tans, shades of gray & splash of yellow?
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.