Houzz Logo Print
houzzerpolls

POLL:How would you liven up your bedroom?

Houzz Polls
hace 10 años
última modificación:hace 10 años
What changes would you make to your bedroom to give it an extra kick?

Vote for your choice below! To win a pair of Houzz slippers, post a comment telling us what you love most about your bedroom (photos welcomed too) and you will automatically be entered into the drawing.

*One entry per person, per drawing. Entries must be posted before 12:00am Pacific Time 3/5/2014. One winner will be drawn at random.

Comentarios (145)

• toecheer
    hace 10 años
    Definitely art that means something to you. I have blown up photos of my trip to Ireland and the UK that I'm planning to hang in my bedroom.
  • sunnie2day
    hace 10 años
    I'd have bespoke shelving and bridge units installed around the bed - with lighting and handy power points. Yeah, I know, feng shui says multi-purpose bedrooms do not rock. While I do pay attention to feng shui principals sometimes I go against and this is one time I have and will continue to do - my bedroom is a sanctuary that works far better if I multi-purpose it.

I'd also put in french doors leading to a small, very private outdoors space.
  • Lisa strange
    hace 10 años
    I vote for changing bedding because it's easy to change out if you feel like something new! Not as permanent as hanging a chair from the ceiling! What are we talking about here? Sex swing? Ok, Hugh Hefner!
  • PRO
    P. L. Johnson Construction, Inc.
    hace 10 años
    I would like to turn my bedroom into a walk-in closet and turn the deck outside of the French doors into a bedroom.
  • sharphome22
    hace 10 años
    I want to add a special art piece to my bedroom to give the room more flair.
  • PRO
    Cope Closet Concepts
    hace 10 años
    P.L. Johnson Construction -- if you need ideas on a walk-in closet, we would be happy to help you look at your options. We manufacture hardwood ventilated shelving that makes for beautiful handy closets. If you are interested in some samples, let me know. www.copeclosetconcepts.com
  • PRO
    P. L. Johnson Construction, Inc.
    hace 10 años
    Okay, thank you @ Cope Closet Concepts. I will keep your information.
  • maggie5713
    hace 10 años
    I'd add some soft netting hanging in the corner with white lights inside
  • marjie1059
    hace 10 años
    eightpondfarm: If you get rid of your barn doors, how will you keep the animals in? :) It did make me wistful, however. The big ol' barn in Illinois with the big ol' house where I grew up was taken down a few years before the 1890 house...sad, although much of it was used to help restore a distant relative's barn about 20 miles south.
    I voted "other", as I would like more/bigger windows. I have a west window and a north window, but for me, it's not enough light. More light, please! My 1895 two-story farmhouse features two windows in every room (except the bathrooms), but I always want more light. Speaking of light, I wish my closet light would work. Two sons have said they can't figure it out....and I don't use it enough to warrant hiring it done....yet. One of these days....
  • foreverfarm11
    hace 10 años
    i have not one, but two porches that I can access from my 2nd floor master bedroom. One looks out over my property, horses etc and the other looks out into the woods. I love it!
  • hanna1984
    hace 10 años
    Art - I have three, at least, pieces of art from new, emering artists and another print from an established artist calling my name!
    hace 10 años
    A hanging chair sounds kinda fun! Not sure if I would use it much though... I'd love some new art, a nature scene. Someday, I think I'd like to hang fairy lights in my room...
  • silverscreenstar
    hace 10 años
    Última modificación: hace 10 años
    Personally, I think putting art in the bedroom is a waste of good art. Who sees it? Art needs to be seen to be enjoyed. I don't spend many waking hours in my bedroom and wouldn't get to see or enjoy any of the art I own in that location.
  • User
    hace 10 años
    Costume wardrobe? Toy chest? Just guessing.
  • ssgtkitty
    hace 10 años
    Art, like beauty is in the eye of the beholder. My bedroom art is of our personal, international travels, not many would enjoy it or even know what it was without explanation. Describing another culture, life style, art, & why we love the pieces so much would fall on deaf ears. We hung the art where we can see it, understand the scenes and just enjoy. ART is NEVER wasted in any room.
  • hanna1984
    hace 10 años
    Our bedroom is out sactuary from work and kids. I love soft colors, simple designs and peaceful scenes. :)
  • eightpondfarm
    hace 10 años
    ssgtkitty that's what we do too. nothing is MORE BORING than to go to someones home and have to endure long dialogues about their trip to ______. i also don't like to see wedding pics or baby pics or kid with trophy pictures in common spaces in a home. that's personal stuff and of little interest to anyone not in immediate family. if you're going to subject others to your personal photos at least give the viewer SOMEthing! the photo needs to be art in-and-of-itself. and in an exceptional frame. sorry….i got off on one of my pet peeves…. Personal photos, personal collectables… they need to be in bedrooms and more private areas of the home (hallways to bedrooms/sitting rooms etc)
  • cabourne
    hace 10 años
    relaxing space for 2 chairs
  • ahunt00
    hace 10 años
    Our bedroom is on the small side, so I love the tray ceiling that gives the impression of a little more space.
  • Peggy Havard
    hace 10 años
    LOOKING FOR A NEW BEDROOM SET, OUR LAST AS WE ARE 64, WANT A HEADBOARD & FOOTBOARD….THAN A NEW COMFORTORS AND SEATING AREA AT END OF BED…
  • moggie73
    hace 10 años
    Well ... I would say this is one of the most 'eclectic' list of polling options I have ever seen!
    (And yet, ceiling hung chairs seem to be more popular than "Other".)
  • Peggy Havard
    hace 10 años
    unbelievable….guess noting for them to do !!!!
  • lj1116
    hace 10 años
    some one didn't get the point of a barn door here's what I think they are greT in a room that has a lot of doors like my sisters room there the room door open in to the room a few feet over is the closet door it to opens into the room so you start feeling like your room only has room for doors the abs out five feet from the closet door is the bathroom door that's 3 doors so t3 choices live with it or put in pocket doors but wer are two single girls living to get her so that means a contractor it takes a lot of work and costly other choice is a barn door for the closet now you bo longer have a door opening into the door to come into the room or the best choice is a pocket door and can be a DIY you need the rail kit that makes it work your door those pcs can be costly but if you have a level Drill and some common sence you can put it up yourself now you have a closet door that roll across the closet and not into room or colter so not only functional it is beautiful and works as a PC of art I think and I too grew up not on a farm but had horses and barn and Zi love them plus it just is a cool look get a new door or one made with old salvaged barn wood to add some warmth to the room
  • Jeannie Nguyen
    hace 10 años
    CONGRATULATIONS to Kim Westwood on winning her pair of Houzz slippers! If you missed out on this one, don't worry, you still have a chance in our Kitchen Cabinets poll! Get your comments in, now!
    https://www.houzz.com/discussions/poll-favorite-kitchen-cabinet-look-dsvw-vd~878758
  • User
    hace 10 años
    Whooooo HOOOOOO Kim Westwood;))
  • momvsboys
    hace 10 años
    I have to say the antique door as a headboard...because i did it this winter :)
  • Amy Lou
    hace 10 años
    I would love to add a hammock chair to my bedroom!
  • hasinajiwani
    hace 10 años
    Set up a good sound systen in my tv armoire.
  • PRO
    Hawn Bedding Company
    hace 10 años
    I have to say I can't live without our flatscreen mounted on the wall.
  • 1snowbird2
    hace 9 años
    I utilize three-dimensional art, such as, nicely formed tree branches to project a more natural nest.
  • Nicole
    hace 9 años
    with a hot guy
  • karlizim
    hace 9 años
    We bought this large painting for over the bed:
  • bungalowmo
    hace 9 años
    Última modificación: hace 9 años
    @nikkiseashores! Too funny....I'm with ya gal!

My bedroom is filled with an antique dresser & tables. Art deco lamp at my bedside & I just purchased this fan for the corner. Been searching & I have yet to see another like it.

My fan is my lullaby...puts me right to sleep!

For me, it's about unique, special pieces that speak to me....
  • Momof5x
    hace 9 años
    I have added our huge framed wedding picture at the corner of the large bedside table we have, it is near a corner so I draped the corner of side table in a red decorative cloth and added the frame on it leaning against the wall, it has protective velvet tabs on the back of it so it doesn't leave any marks on walls. Too heavy to hang and looks perfect where it is when anyone enters!
  • Kat Cheng
    hace 9 años
    I voted for adding a fabulous piece of art. We are seeking such a piece right now, to finish our bedroom!
  • 1snowbird2
    hace 9 años
    Please know that, this is a question i simply cannot pass by.
    I have been a professional photographer for over 40 years - and You won't find a single photograph or painting anywhere in my home. Two-dimensional art bores me now.
    A very long time ago, I graduated to 'Three-dimensional art'.
    Three dimensional items can be enjoyed from almost any perspective -
    where 2-D needs to be viewed, pretty much, head-on.
    My favorites, which are always affordable, are 'tree branches'.
    A branch, ( yes, from a tree ) brings the outdoors 'In'. It makes any room come alive.
    If you hunt it down, with a woodsy adventure, then it may even have stories to tell.
    The right shape and/or size is purely a judgment call, on your part.
    There's one near my dressing table that I frequently hang rings and other such things on.
    Nature will never give you the same branch twice - so Yours will truly be 'One of a Kind'.
    After all, where would ancient oriental art be -without 'The Tree !'
    Just above my bed is a Very large branch with a 'Dream Catcher' dangling within.
    Better yet, Cut an alcove or put a small shelf, just above the bed, slightly off center
    and try growing a Bonsai there.
    Even as you are reclining for the evening - You will be able to enjoy it's charm.
  • Sylvia Young
    hace 9 años

I would like to have my family photos in a large decoupage and hang on the headboard wall behind our bed. replace the wall reading lamps with something else. The thing I Love most about our bedroom is the view of trees facing our bed from our second story. I feel like I am in a treehouse, The second best thing is our wonderful mattress.

• User
    hace 9 años

Sliding barn doors are an obsession of ours right now; love the look, and they're so space-efficient for condos! One of my favourite bedroom features is a bay window and a window bench (our Triumph Langdale showhome below...) - it's just timeless and classy, and also an extremely useful place to store throw pillows when you don't want them on the bed (lol). And cats love them!

Triumph Langdale #2 · Más información

• whirlwyn
    hace 8 años
    I'm about to paint small accent wall in bedroom with SW brushed metallic. DH nixed the contemp rug I wanted to hang in the same space. So we r negotiating the metallic accent. Lol
  • momdotcom41
    hace 8 años
    I have a very large quilt hanging behind my king size shaker style headboard. It's made from the baby clothes I saved from raising my now adult children, 2 sons, 2 daughters. It's lovely, well made and full of memories.
  • Dai Mars
    hace 8 años

I would like to paint the accent wall black in my bedroom (which I share with my older sister). Right now it is purple stripes, same colour, but every other one is glossy. That is actually my favourite part of my room right now, but I want to change it because purple isn't my favourite colour.

• lynnmariegillies
    hace 8 años

I would jazz up my bedroom by getting an oh so handsome boyfriend....... Then, who cares about the decor........ Hahahaha

• sukibee
    hace 7 años

Perk it up with a rug that adds taste and interest. It would under the bed, side tables and reading area, if the room is big enough.

• Ben Hart
    hace 7 años

Paint the floor a bright and vibrant color, add some fun and funky furniture, paint the walls and trim bright white, open it up to lots of light, and enjoy!

Master bedroom remodel · Más información

• User
    hace 7 años

Umm excuse me none of your business.

• PRO
    Lori Dennis, Inc.
    hace 7 años

I love re purposing old doors. A headboard is a perfect opportunity.

• Ben Hart
    hace 7 años

Hilarious, rollinggirl!

• E Tro
    hace 7 años
    We love our king waterbed! someone finally made a system that let's one choose any traditional bed furniture ....... fits a soft sided waterbed. ordinary bedding works. we seem to decorate with pets. they love a warm waterbed. I love Houzz linens!
  • desnmavn
    hace 7 años

Love the feeling of serenity it exudes since I exiled the televison to the den!

• PRO
    Colorful Concepts Interior Design
    hace 7 años

Get creative with lighting! From natural lighting to this gorgeous chandelier and unique cove lighting, this bedroom can fulfill any lighting mood.

Fairview Row · Más información

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.